MN - Daunte Wright, 20, fatally shot by police during traffic stop, Brooklyn Center, 11 April 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brooklyn Center is a northern suburb of Minneapolis, I’m in Minneapolis and just dropping by to convey how hard all of this is for the entire twin cities community.. it feels like it’s never ending. I think that no one will be held accountable given the facts coming out but it still feels like the scabs cannot heal. :(
Moo.

Brooklyn Center is a northern suburb of Minneapolis, I’m in Minneapolis and just dropping by to convey how hard all of this is for the entire twin cities community.. it feels like it’s never ending. I think that no one will be held accountable given the facts coming out but it still feels like the scabs cannot heal. :(
Moo.

I have no words :(

Protests and looting is in full force again in Brooklyn Center, Minneapolis, St. Paul and the surrounding areas.

St. Paul Sheriff, Bob Fletcher has a YouTube and Facebook channel “Live On Patrol”. He’s live now for anyone who wants to watch and listen.

Daily I see people driving their vehicles with all manner of stuff hanging from their rear view mirror. Currently it is several face masks. I've seen people driving with a display of baseball hats arrayed on the rear deck of their car. Wedding garters on the rear view, stuffed animals and starched crocheted doilies on the deck. Sleeping dogs, big ones! Gun racks! I even saw this one car driving with a couple of CD's hanging off the rear view that provided lots of really distracting iridescent light flashes as they spun around.

So forgive me if I think it is total BS to pull over some kid who has something hanging off his rear view. We all know why he was pulled over. Look at all this stuff they sell on Amazon for the express reason to hang on your rear view mirror.

Amazon.ca : Car Mirror Hanging Accessories

If it's so illegal then shut them down. Don't shoot and kill some poor kid excited to be driving his new car. I am sick and tired of people who think cops have carte blanche to pull people over for frivolous things then whine that the person didn't 'comply'. I am so over it. And before someone thinks I don't respect the police, I do but working with them for nearly thirty years I found there are some bad apples out there who have done things like pulling attractive women over on some phony charge to get their home addresses. Now that would be called stalking. Victimizing citizens is wrong.

Last edited:
There is already a thread on this.
Daily I see people driving their vehicles with all manner of stuff hanging from their rear view mirror. Currently it is several face masks. I've seen people driving with a display of baseball hats arrayed on the rear deck of their car. Wedding garters on the rear view, stuffed animals and starched crocheted doilies on the deck. Sleeping dogs, big ones! Gun racks! I even saw this one car driving with a couple of CD's hanging off the rear view that provided lots of really distracting iridescent light flashes as they spun around.

So forgive me if I think it is total BS to pull over some kid who has something hanging off his rear view. We all know why he was pulled over. Look at all this stuff they sell on Amazon for the express reason to hang on your rear view mirror.

Amazon.ca : Car Mirror Hanging Accessories

If it's so illegal then shut them down. Don't shoot and kill some poor kid excited to be driving his new car. I am sick and tired of people who think cops have carte blanche to pull people over for frivolous things then whine that the person didn't 'comply'. I am so over it. And before someone thinks I don't respect the police, I do but working with them for nearly thirty years I found there are some bad apples out there who have pulled attractive women over on some phony charge to get their home addresses. Now that would be called stalking. Victimizing citizens is wrong.
And this coming from the loudly self proclaimed land of the free.

The ACLU-MN calls for an immediate, transparent and independent investigation by an outside agency other than the Brooklyn Center Police or the BCA, and for the quick release of any body-cam footage.

The AC

LU-MN calls for an immediate, transparent and independent investigation by an outside agency other than the Brooklyn Center Police or the BCA, and for the quick release of any body-cam footage

We also call for the naming of all officers and agencies involved. We have concerns that police appear to have used dangling air fresheners as an excuse for making a pretextual stop, something police do too often to target Black people.

Source https://twitter.com/ACLUMN

ETA
Their full statement
ACLU-MN Responds to Police Killing of Daunte Wright

Daunte Wright: Air Freshener Led to Traffic Stop, Mom Says | Heavy.com

Although they didn’t name him, police confirmed they stopped a man after a traffic stop. They didn’t indicate why they stopped his vehicle, but they did say he was wanted on a warrant.

(snip)

The Star Tribune reported that a police officer was injured and taken to the hospital, according to dispatch audio. However, it was not yet clear what that officer’s condition was or how the injuries were caused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa