GUILTY MN - George Floyd, 46, killed in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
she was going on about that in an interview she did...it was one of the longer interviews...one juror got a message that their child had been exposed to covid at school and would have to quarantine...she was concerned about how that might impact her..this went down Thurs. as they were leaving for the long weekend. No one was sure if she would be back or not...but she was. The child was negative. I watched quite a few of her interviews so not a clue where it was.

Your post...

"she was going on about that in an interview she did...it was one of the longer interviews...one juror got a message that their child had been exposed to covid at school and would have to quarantine...she was concerned about how that might impact her..this went down Thurs. as they were leaving for the long weekend. No one was sure if she would be back or not...but she was. The child was negative. I watched quite a few of her interviews so not a clue where it was"

Thanks as I totally missed that a juror got a message that their child had been exposed to COVID..

I've never seen...

Do you have a MSM link, where was this information found?

Jjust did friend google and still cannot find. Do you have a link so can be put in media thread?

Which juror # was such that was in MSM?

TIA as I have NOT SEEN the alternate talking about another juror in the posts here at Websleuths.

Is this information from a non MSM source?

Last edited:
Young witness recounts testimony during Chauvin trial | kare11.com

Judeah, who is just 10 years old, is sharing her courtroom experience with others.

Judeah testified in court about what she saw, and admits it didn't start out so easy.

"I was scared at first," Judeah said. "Then my heart hit me with a pow! That's when I got the shakes and then I started feeling brave."

Judeah is writing a book called "Judeah's Walk To The Store." It will include illustrations about what she witnessed that day, and serve as an encouragement for other kids to be brave like her.

SORRY I went back thru my history and could not find it...was the best interview...it seems like so many are clips from this long interview...it really kept going....I do remember the sick juror...she describes how the door was locked at she got the guard's attention to help the juror get out. We would not have known about the covid scare as it was after dismissal on Thurs. as they left. If I find the link I'll post...maybe it was taken down as not so sure she should be talking about other jurors...otherwise just consider my post a rumor but I know I saw it.

SORRY I went back thru my history and could not find it...was the best interview...it seems like so many are clips from this long interview...it really kept going....I do remember the sick juror...she describes how the door was locked at she got the guard's attention to help the juror get out. We would not have known about the covid scare as it was after dismissal on Thurs. as they left. If I find the link I'll post...maybe it was taken down as not so sure she should be talking about other jurors...otherwise just consider my post a rumor but I know I saw it.

It seems that this news station did the longest interview with her, and I see a few different clips from that interview. If you watched it locally, it may be that it just isn't online yet? I believe you saw it haha I tried googling it... she has been everywhere, so not easy to find.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1JAwKeDUjN2orv5t7LWODQ

Judge Cahill orders the Derek Chauvin trial juror names will remain confidential for at least 180 days (October 20)
“the Court finds that continuing restrictions on public disclosure of the jurors’ identities remain necessary to protect those jurors desiring to remain anonymous from unwanted publicity or harassment”
upload_2021-4-23_17-45-20.jpeg

The order does not stop jurors from talking, if they wish. That is up to them.
https://mncourts.gov/mncourtsgov/media/High-Profile-Cases/27-CR-20-12646/Order-Other_4-23-2021.pdf

Last edited:
Here is the open letter (in the article) that 431 doctors from around the country signed and sent, which started this. It’s a pdf so you should be able to view it.

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/20689825/open-letter_2021_sign-2.pdf
Thanks Buf.
This is brilliant news.
I'm so glad they're taking it seriously.
I was half expecting them to use the presumably risen gas, which didn't exist as a defense for DC- he was so high he didn't notice the time passing....
It was egregious of Nelson's offices to attempt to pull something like this.
Maybe they should have a look at that too... It wouldn't surprise me if they do.
They're going all out.
And it would take years for that to happen in another country.

I was wondering if there are any particular cases that may benefit from this scrutiny of past decisions ... and according to your link, there is.

(Copy/pasted for those who are geoblocked from the article)

"Included in that time period is the death of Tyrone West, who died after struggling with Baltimore Police following a traffic stop in 2013. Witnesses and the officers themselves said there was a violent struggle between the officers and West, but the state medical examiner’s office ruled that he died from natural causes exacerbated by the struggle and the summer heat. That ruling played a significant factor in the officers being cleared by the Baltimore State’s Attorney’s Office.

Tawanda Jones has been fighting to get her brother’s case re-opened for eight years. She said word of the review was “the best news I’ve gotten all day.”
“That is what my family has been asking for literally since my brother was murdered, when they first lied and played games,” Jones said Friday."

Here's a link to CNN's interview. The issues you mentioned are discussed in this one.

It's a little troubling that in the clip of the alternate juror, she stated one of the defining moments for her was when she saw the photo of Chauvin kneeling on GF's neck with his hand in his pocket.

He didn't have his hand in his pocket. I thought that was cleared up. How did she miss that?

I don't think it has ever been cleared up. There are just varying opinions.

I can see photos where his hand looks like it is in his pocket, and I can see other pics where his hand is outside his pocket. Maybe his hand did not stay in the same place all of the time. It was a long 9+ minutes, and he shuffled around a bit.

I was wondering if there are any particular cases that may benefit from this scrutiny of past decisions ... and according to your link, there is.

(Copy/pasted for those who are geoblocked from the article)

"Included in that time period is the death of Tyrone West, who died after struggling with Baltimore Police following a traffic stop in 2013. Witnesses and the officers themselves said there was a violent struggle between the officers and West, but the state medical examiner’s office ruled that he died from natural causes exacerbated by the struggle and the summer heat. That ruling played a significant factor in the officers being cleared by the Baltimore State’s Attorney’s Office.

Tawanda Jones has been fighting to get her brother’s case re-opened for eight years. She said word of the review was “the best news I’ve gotten all day.”
“That is what my family has been asking for literally since my brother was murdered, when they first lied and played games,” Jones said Friday."
George Floyd is changing the world!

She is pretty balanced. She's a nice lady. No drama, no mistrial leads for those that want them.

I think she is speaking out because she really wanted to be a part of the deliberations. So she is deliberating in public. It must have been very hard to sit through that whole trial, only to be told "you can go home now, you are an alternate".

She took good notes, she was attentive, she put her all into her juror role.

I think she is speaking out because she really wanted to be a part of the deliberations. So she is deliberating in public. It must have been very hard to sit through that whole trial, only to be told "you can go home now, you are an alternate".

She took good notes, she was attentive, she put her all into her juror role.
I think all of them did.
They wanted to get it right.
What an amazing group of people!
(I was having nightmares about who they may be or what they may have done, I was steeled for a month's deliberations and an unsatisfactory verdict. It was the one thing we could not take even a guess at..)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa