GUILTY OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #61

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think your first thoughts are probably more likely. State records indicate FW
the largest landowner in the county, owns 7 businesses, and 2 non-profits. Looks about right to me for a sweeping financial record subpoena. MOO

Pike County massacre: A look at Fredericka Wagner's businesses

Ty this is a great article.
MO.
I wonder who paid for all the vehicles? Probably all cash transactions.$$$
Where did the $ money $ come from for those cash transaction? $$$
Maybe the purchase of the glock on the HWY too - what might that cost? $$
All those weapons.
I don't think any Wagner individually can show an income of any amount to make large $$ purchases. Just like the Peterson Property. A farm for a dollar?
So, mystery....who financed the 4 Wagners?
MOO.

This is my first time posting but I have been following this case intently since Day 1. I had the very same thought. Since the plea by JW is contingent on his testimony ,were he to die before the trials begin would that negate the DP off the table for his family members? And I also thought it would be GW4 or AW. I was stunned that JW was the one to flip.

MO
I am beginning to wonder if Angela's medical situation has some bearing on Jake's sudden need to confess, make the deal to take DP off the table for all W's .
Maybe she is seriously ill, physically or mentally.
MO

at least now, the family, the Rhoden family, can begin to start the healing process in regards to Jake's confession of being personally responsible for 5 of the deaths that day. Hopefully one day, we will know exactly what happened, why it happened etc down the road

Wagner admitted he was personally responsible for five of the deaths, special prosecutor Angela Canepa said. He gave prosecutors a full account of what happened that morning, along with information that led to them to additional evidence. She did not say what that evidence was.

Jake Wagner pleads guilty in killings of his ex and 7 of her family members - CBS News

Last edited:
I think your first thoughts are probably more likely. State records indicate FW
the largest landowner in the county, owns 7 businesses, and 2 non-profits. Looks about right to me for a sweeping financial record subpoena. MOO

Pike County massacre: A look at Fredericka Wagner's businesses
The poster I was talking to was wondering if FW might be involved with Billy's "business." The only thing I could think of was money laundering.

One reason, she has multiple businesses and I saw the many banks FW and the 4 Wagners are involved with with FW giving them $ it looks like to me.

And why are they checking the 2 computers at her house, list of things having to do with computers. Why is her name in the Discovery that's sopose to be for the 4 Wagners?

From the last discovery - George April 28, 2021 State's Supplemental Discovery.
I
The poster I was talking to was wondering if FW might be involved with Billy's "business." The only thing I could think of was money laundering.

One reason, she has multiple businesses and I saw the many banks FW and the 4 Wagners are involved with with FW giving them $ it looks like to me.

And why are they checking the 2 computers at her house, list of things having to do with computers. Why is her name in the Discovery that's sopose to be for the 4 Wagners?

From the last discovery - George April 28, 2021 State's Supplemental Discovery.
I agree with you. I have always thought FW was in this up to her elbows and JMO but her business dealings are as twisted as her soul. I think she has alot of explaining to do.

I

I agree with you. I have always thought FW was in this up to her elbows and JMO but her business dealings are as twisted as her soul. I think she has alot of explaining to do.

I would like to hear her Lawyer, tell us more about this cross she lives by? Maybe it is a different, Bible/Cross then I am use to. The one I am aware says, All things she see as OK.

Thou shalt not kill.
Thou shalt not commit adultery.
Thou shalt not steal.
Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.

This is my first time posting but I have been following this case intently since Day 1. I had the very same thought. Since the plea by JW is contingent on his testimony ,were he to die before the trials begin would that negate the DP off the table for his family members? And I also thought it would be GW4 or AW. I was stunned that JW was the one to flip.

Welcome @Norrmajean

Special Prosecutor Angela Canepa shocked the courtroom yet again when she announced that Wagner has been cooperating with prosecutors for some time and that, with information he provided, investigators were finally able to recover the guns she said were used in the homicides as well as the vehicles that the family used to sneak onto the Rhoden properties, break into the homes and pull off what investigators have said were executions.

Jake Wagner of Rhoden family homicides in Pike County pleads guilty

interesting. they finally have the guns that were used in the commission of this crime, as well as, the vehicles that were used. i wonder if the rest of the family will plead as well or will they stick to not guilty

I thought you might find this upper right photo interesting.
Damaged phones that are possible candidates for chip-off forensics.

Chip-off Forensics Respiratory Hazards - Sentry Air Systems, Inc.

RN and FW never filed indigent applications with the court, these must be filed to get a court appointed attorney.

12/04/2018 INDIGENT APPLICATION FILED - Billy
11/28/2018 INDIGENT APPLICATION FILED - George
11/27/2018 INDIGENT APPLICATION FILED - Jake
11/30/2018 INDIGENT APPLICATION FILED - Angela

She did not have enough money for electricity, she had to use kerosene lamps. Her lawyer stated she is poor and should get a low Bond. From RN's Bond Hearing.

Also, the Other Acts Evidence specifically states that the Wagners paid for attorneys for witnesses and continued to do so after their arrests through phone calls and their attorneys. RN was a witness both before and after the Wagner's arrests and Angie called her from jail many times."You don't have to testify against us" Angie said to RN over the phone. Canepa said this in RN's Revocation Hearing.

Other Acts Evidence page 4 item 9.
View attachment 295110
Thank you, Cool Cats for info on chip-off!

As Gov. DeWine pointed out at his PC the other day after Jake's hearing, Sheriff Reader did the right thing by calling BCI immediately.

The first officers arrived in about 20 minutes and took over the investigation. Go to the Media & Timelines thread and search for the links to the lawsuit documents for Cincinnati Inquirer and Columbus Dispatch in the Ohio Supreme Court.

These documents contain deposition testimony from the Pike County Coroner. He gives a very good timeline of how things went down, etc. I can't believe how few people have read that, but its very good information

• BCI immediately took charge of the investigation
  • They intercepted the Pike County Coroner and told him the game plan for processing the bodies of the victims
  • Two coroners were used that day - Pike and Adams County
  • Each coroner had an assistant to accompany them
  • Victim's bodies & crime scenes were divided up between the two coroners as they did preliminary work
  • All this was done within about a few of hours from the time the bodies were discovered.
  • While coroners were working, BCI arranged for refrigerator trucks to retrieve the bodies for transportation to Hamilton County, where their ME conducted the autopies
  • IIRC full autopsies were completed by the following day.

Gov. Mike DeWine talks about Jake Wagner plea - if anyone is interested in checking the 10 minute video out

Gov. Mike DeWine talks about Jake Wagner plea

Not sure if this has been already posted, but here is a video where Jake pleads guilty. Also, more info is talked about as well. For one, the timeline of this. Jake stated that this was done during the late hours of April 21, 2016 to the early morning hours of April 22, 2016, etc. Not sure why the video is labeled as sentencing, since that will come later as the Judge said during the video

Gotta love someone who withdraws the not guilty verdict and while pleading guilty is smiling from time to time - smh

Last edited:
Scheiderer said in the Bond hearing that the recordings of George - which would also record the others - were done over 2 summers. The summer of 2017 and the summer of 2018.
When Chris Graves talked to the Wagners in the summer of 2017 the conversations were recorded.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/b5970061-96a9-4921-b102-09ffced54757-jpeg.178064/

David Yost Attorney General

Re: Notice of Interception

Chris Graves letter dated March 6th, 2019
telling her that her communication with the Wagners had been intercepted starting June 9th, 2017 for 30 days then another 30 day extension was granted on July 7th, 2017.

Not sure I follow, just clarifying.

I was referring to the revenge conversations that took place at FW's house. They were referred to at both FW's arraignment and GW4's arraignment. (I think these were the conversations that AC spoke of when mentioning the "confidential reliable source/resource".) Are these the conversations you posted above as taking place in the summer of 2017 and summer of 2018?

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there's a transcript of JW's plea hearing? If so, where I may locate it?

Unfortunately -- I believe a court transcript of the April 22, 2021 plea hearing is beyond the reach of WS -- and most networks willing to share. For our purposes -- the closest to a transcript would probably be via YouTube and the "transcribe to text" function. Here's a link to the 29:18 min hearing -- have at it. ;)

Not sure I follow, just clarifying.

I was referring to the revenge conversations that took place at FW's house. They were referred to at both FW's arraignment and GW4's arraignment. (I think these were the conversations that AC spoke of when mentioning the "confidential reliable source/resource".) Are these the conversations you posted above as taking place in the summer of 2017 and summer of 2018?

BCI recorded George summer of 2017 summer 2018.

The revenge conversations happened at FW's in front of a female witness.
If this witness is who I think (see other acts evidence) then they would have talked in front of her - at FWF - in June or July 2018. She got to Ohio with the Wagners late spring 2018 and left by August 2018 when she filed the incident report against Jake.

Consider 2 Cents...no link to incident report (report is listed in discovery)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member