OR OR - Joan Hall, 17, Warrenton, 30 Sept 1983

Still wondering if the skull found at Mt.Hood was ever tied to this case or if it was discovered who it belonged to? I'm not American, but perhaps a USA member here could enquire somehow?

Interesting fact in this case- in 2018, a protective order was granted by the Clatsop County courts to seal all records related to Joan Hall's disappearence from the public. I recently became part of the "team" pushing for a resolution in Joan's case, we were sent this when we issued a FOIA request.
I've never seen this happen in a missing person's case. Usually the case is labeled inactive after a certain amount of time and some information can be gained through FOIA, or the records are exempt from FOIA due to the case still being investigated. So why would this particular legal recourse be warranted?

Attachments

• received_3708227079258548.jpeg
    received_3708227079258548.jpeg
    90.9 KB · Views: 15
Interesting fact in this case- in 2018, a protective order was granted by the Clatsop County courts to seal all records related to Joan Hall's disappearence from the public. I recently became part of the "team" pushing for a resolution in Joan's case, we were sent this when we issued a FOIA request.
I've never seen this happen in a missing person's case. Usually the case is labeled inactive after a certain amount of time and some information can be gained through FOIA, or the records are exempt from FOIA due to the case still being investigated. So why would this particular legal recourse be warranted?

I don't know as in Canada our system is different, in line with the UK as we are a commonwealth country. Has the local media done anything in regards to this development re FOIA , maybe take it to them?

P.S. I do now remember reading all about about Wanda Ann Herr. I follow quite a few cases so I had a momentary 'brain freeze.' What a sad outcome for this young woman.

The Admin of the Joanie Hall Facebook page just posted about this. The Hall family was never notified about this ''protective order''

I'm shocked the Clatsop County Sheriff's Office still has anything to do with this case considering their former Deputy, Gerald Basch inserted himself into this investigation on day 1, interviewing his son about his statement about how he saw Joanie pull up in a vehicle with Mike Moore at Jim Sears house at around 4:00 pm.

An Open Letter to Clatsop County DA Ron Brown and the Clatsop County Sheriff’s Office

Part of the Open Letter to the Clatsop County DA and Sheriff's office.

*Snipped*
When we attempted to submit a request via the Freedom of Information Act for any public records regarding Joanie’s disappearance, we were surprised to learn that on 12/10/2018, Judge Paula Brownfield signed a protective order keeping the investigative files on Joanie’s case sealed from the public eye for the next 75 years, until 2093, without notifying the victim’s family. This means that all records related to Joan Leigh Hall will be unsealed 110 years after the date of her disappearance.

This is completely unacceptable, and we, as Joanie’s advocates, demand to know why Paula Brownfield, who has a track record of caring about children and victims, signed off on sealing these records. We demand to know why the Clatsop County Sheriff’s office enacted this order. We demand to know what happened to Joanie Leigh Hall, why this case has been swept under the rug, and why Gerald Basch was allowed to participate in interviewing his own son.

An Open Letter to Clatsop County DA Ron Brown and the Clatsop County Sheriff’s Office

*Snipped*
When we attempted to submit a request via the Freedom of Information Act for any public records regarding Joanie’s disappearance, we were surprised to learn that on 12/10/2018, Judge Paula Brownfield signed a protective order keeping the investigative files on Joanie’s case sealed from the public eye for the next 75 years, until 2093, without notifying the victim’s family. This means that all records related to Joan Leigh Hall will be unsealed 110 years after the date of her disappearance.

This is completely unacceptable, and we, as Joanie’s advocates, demand to know why Paula Brownfield, who has a track record of caring about children and victims, signed off on sealing these records. We demand to know why the Clatsop County Sheriff’s office enacted this order. We demand to know what happened to Joanie Leigh Hall, why this case has been swept under the rug, and why Gerald Basch was allowed to participate in interviewing his own son.
:eek: What on earth? Why would this be done?

110 YEARS??? are there any other MP cases where records have been sealed that long? what could the benefit possibly be?
I agree, it's completely absurd. Thank you, Murkywaters, for sharing part of my open letter. I got added to the page when Joanie's advocate, Dena Mattox Rush, reached out for help. We distributed it as best we could to any and all publications in the Clatsop County area that would print it, and still have yet to hear from CCPD or any related individuals. Most of Joanie's family has either passed on or the case is too painful for them to revisit emotionally.

*Snipped*

I wonder, would it help to go to the local politicians in that area and talk to them about this or even just send them a letter? I know up here in Canada sometimes people do that, for various issues, and sometimes it does help.

I wonder, would it help to go to the local politicians in that area and talk to them about this or even just send them a letter? I know up here in Canada sometimes people do that, for various issues, and sometimes it does help.
Hey, it's worth a shot, possibly. ‍♀️

I agree, it's completely absurd. Thank you, Murkywaters, for sharing part of my open letter. I got added to the page when Joanie's advocate, Dena Mattox Rush, reached out for help. We distributed it as best we could to any and all publications in the Clatsop County area that would print it, and still have yet to hear from CCPD or any related individuals. Most of Joanie's family has either passed on or the case is too painful for them to revisit emotionally.

Please let us know if there are any updates on this situation. Maybe media would do a report on it too?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back