Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #54 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if this was the original job site where the initial 3 day dig took place? Hmm. Speculation only. Concerning if this is the case as she would have been right under their noises the whole time. JMO.
If that's true, you would think there would be something new that has come to light (I'm no expert on search warrants, but believe there would have to be in order to get a new one). Given the additional charges of "attempting to influence a public official" and "tampering with evidence", I wonder if someone recently came forward with a new account of doing something with/for BM on the 9th or 10th (or maybe even the 8th) that has led them to look again?? Speculation of course, JMO, MOO.

"Attempt to influence a public servant" = attempting to bribe or threaten a prosecutor, LE, or politician :eek:

2016 Colorado Revised Statutes
Title 18 - Criminal Code
Article 8 - Offenses - Governmental Operations
Part 3 - Bribery and Corrupt Influences
§ 18-8-306. Attempt to influence a public servant

Universal Citation: CO Rev Stat § 18-8-306 (2016)
Any person who attempts to influence any public servant by means of deceit or by threat of violence or economic reprisal against any person or property, with the intent thereby to alter or affect the public servant's decision, vote, opinion, or action concerning any matter which is to be considered or performed by him or the agency or body of which he is a member, commits a class 4 felony.
Gosh, he really is an idiot :rolleyes: JMO

If they didn’t actually find her, they must have a hellacious amount of circumstantial evidence to charge 1st degree. Unless they’re hoping he will tell them where she is & what happened if they let him plea to 2nd degree or manslaughter (surely not.)
JMO

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1389983495355703297?s=21
ETA:
#BreakingNews According to court documents, BARRY MORPHEW was arrested today charged with first degree murder after deliberation, tampering with physical evidence, attempt to influence public servant.@FOX21News@KDVR
10:41 AM · May 5, 2021·Twitter for iPhone (local time)
Thankful for this news. No surprise in who was charged but just an overwhelming sadness for the family. Now let’s get him to trial.

I read this as somewhat narrowly defined action - either a bribe, a threat, or possibly the manipulation of a public official that made them an unknowing accomplice to a crime (such as tampering with evidence??) But the definition of public servant is fairly broad and it seems would include firefighters - so if BM manipulated someone in the CCFD to help him, say, tamper with/destroy evidence - I think that might qualify here. JMO, MOO.
I read up a little more on this, and one of the examples given was providing a false identity to LE at a traffic stop. So I think it could be related to staging the bike scene. That would seem like a similar type of deception that was intended to lead LE down the wrong track in their investigation. Or it could be bribery/threats.

I am just so relieved. I followed this case closely at first but really lost hope when it was taking so long for any action. Maybe a witness or accomplice (willing or unwilling) finally spoke to LE. Sometimes that's what you need. I am a defense attorney but I think some prosecutors are too skittish about trying difficult cases. I'm glad this one will go ahead and am looking forward to following it.

Thinking of Suzanne’s family but most of all, her daughters who are probably going through hell right now. We could all see the likelihood of what happened because we are outsiders and unbiased, and to be fair even insiders within her family suspected it (Andy specifically) but for her daughters to believe their father was a murderer, that would have been incredibly tough. I strongly believe he either manipulated them, or they were fearful. I hope they are both in a loving place right now, ideally together, as the news unfolds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acalvert