Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #55 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barry Morphew murder charge: How homicides are prosecuted without a body

In the absence of direct evidence like a video or a confession, prosecutors rely on circumstantial evidence to connect the suspect to the victim’s death.

That evidence is likely to include computer searches, cell phone records and pings, interviews with other people about conversations that took place, and an analysis of financial transactions and motives, Zelin said. It will also potentially include items like whether there had been arguments, or whether the defendant had a girlfriend.

ETA another excerpt:

Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze said on Wednesday that investigators do not believe Suzanne Morphew is alive and the search for her body is ongoing. Spezze does not expect at this time that his office will make any more arrests.

Interesting wording. Isn't that how Spezze worded his statement about BM a year ago?

Last edited:
Things I am waiting to find out:
  • LE's analysis of the bike scene - photographs, print casts, laser scans.
  • LE's reaction regarding the cat attack comments - what was the "over coffee and donuts" discussion at the station?
  • LE's notes regarding BM's comments about LE messing up the "evidence" - what was the "evidence" and did they think it was planted.
  • LE's analysis of the hotel scene - was it a scene or a red herring?
  • Statements made by BM's workers - did someone talk?
  • What's the story behind searching through the trash can, was it an attempt to recover potential evidence?
  • Who BM attempted to influence.
  • What LE was looking for (and found) at the sites carefully searched and processed.
  • Cell Phone and Computer forensic analysis.
  • How early in the case did LE know that BM's statements were fabricated POO.
  • Were there any willing or unwitting associates.
  • Where is Suzanne?
  • Where were we (WS) spot on and where did we get off track?
All Ya'll done good. Some part of me hopes that BM or his friends snooped in here and what we were discussing kept BM awake at night and contributed to that haggard look he now sports.

I also hope that a little mercy is extended to those of us currently absent. Passion to solve a case sometimes causes one to push the envelope in an attempt to seek justice. Frustration sometimes get control of even the best of us, notably when no disrespect or putting the website at legal risk is intended. I have personally deleted more than a few posts before I hit "Post Reply". If you find yourself having to do that often, read below.

To those of you who get frustrated reading these cases because you feel you can't do anything to bring the actor to justice or find the missing person, go find your local volunteer SAR team. They need you, even if all you can do is hand out water, man a base radio or coordinate resources (ICS). You are not only reading about a case, you are "boots on the ground" helping to solve it. There is a ton of satisfaction in having a hand in putting a case to bed. Some LE departments have even volunteer cold case reviewers offering an option for those unable to get around much, but have a keen eye for details.

Bless you all.

I missed it. when did he say that?

He said that after the arrest was public yesterday during his live YouTube video.

He wasn’t that explicit about the five but that is how I interpreted it also.

It would make sense given all the cadaver dog activity.

Maybe he moved SM with his bobcat to various places he did work and used the work as cover. We know of three places that the dogs hit: 1. Job Site 2. Property that he sold 3. Trees planted near PP.

He also towed that bobcat around with him a lot, possibly so often that LE couldn’t keep up with when he was using it and when he wasn’t. And also to keep anyone from getting too close to it when he wasn’t around.

Given the 164 search warrants, it’s possible LE was all over the spots Andy searched well before that search happened which is why they weren’t super interested with the exception of the property that BM sold. Maybe that was the fifth location that a cadaver dog hit.

Imo, it comes as no surprise that this murder was premeditated. I've always believed it was planned with much thought and way in advance, possibly of them even moving to Colorado, where Suzanne became totally isolated from her loved ones. All the coincidences never sat right with me: Suzanne being all alone on Mother's Day, girls out of town, no cams, poor Wifi and cell service, Barry out of town, etc. I truly believe something went south for ole Barry during that Mother's Day weekend that screwed up his pre-planned alibi, and caused everything to become messy, and he was in full panic mode when he gathered his workers for the Broomfield job. Maybe he did have a fire training course that weekend, and it got cancelled suddenly due to Covid, or maybe the girls decided to head back to Salida earlier than scheduled. Whatever it was, I do hope we will one day have the answers to this puzzling case. That arrest warrant cannot come fast enough, I tell ya. (I think you ALL know).

FYI: I dreamed about Barry and the girls last night. We were in a house together, and I knew he was a murderer. We were playing games like Ring around the Rosie (kinda), and all the while I was thinking, is this man gonna flip and kill us? Lol. Hopefully, my Barry dreams are coming to a close.

From the Daily Mail, photos of Barry and his "friend," out living their best life getting some Mexican food. :rolleyes: Not anymore, Bear Bare. Not anymore. We were never going to let you just kill your sweet wife and move on like she was garbage. Nope. Not on our watch. :(

I have also been thinking that it was planned far, far in advance, as it has come out that Suzanne didn't want to move. I don't think I have heard what actually drove this big move, especially if one of the girls was still attending high school in Indiana. It's a lot of uprooting.

Morphew’s colleagues from the Maysville Fire Station have also been attempting to help with the search, although one told DailyMail.com they have been warned off by police.

Tim Nelson, 33, said: ‘The Sheriff’s office, they told us none of the fire guys are allowed up there.

‘They can’t keep us out of the forest so that’s what some of the others have done – they set up their own little search party.’

Nelson added: ‘It’s a bad deal you know. They aren’t telling us anything. We got excluded from everything.

‘George [Davis] put together a search team of friends – I was going to go but pretty much all our fire guys are on it so I decided to step away just in case we get something [a fire].

‘Barry was very understanding from what I got from George. I know he’s not allowed to go home. He’s at a neighbor’s. I guess they got him there until he’s cleared or…’

Police search and carry out evidence bags from the $1.5M home of missing Colorado mom | Daily Mail Online

BBM: Could this be related to the "influencing a public official" charge?
ETA: If a firefighter was included in the search would this possibly be an issue?

I have also been thinking that it was planned far, far in advance, as it has come out that Suzanne didn't want to move. I don't think I have heard what actually drove this big move, especially if one of the girls was still attending high school in Indiana. It's a lot of uprooting.
BBM
"A February post from a social media account believed to belong to Barry Morphew said that his wife had “beat cancer twice.” The Indiana-based source said that Suzanne’s cancer had returned around the time the family was preparing to move to Colorado in 2018, and that she “was not doing well” at that time. CrimeOnline cannot independently verify claims about Suzanne Morphew’s medical history."
Missing Suzanne Morphew may have had ‘angst’ about move to Colorado, family friend says [EXCLUSIVE]

Heart of the Rockies Regional Medical Center
1000 Rush Drive, Salida, CO 81201
"In addition to treatment, our team performs thorough diagnostic procedures to find the root cause of blood disorders and other special conditions.
Heart of the Rockies Regional Medical Center combines state-of-the-art oncologic medicine with a customized, patient-specific treatment plan. We aim to provide support that addresses the "whole person."
Salida Oncology Services | in CO

This is just a hunch and I have nothing to back this up, but the move may have been due to SM's health and the special treatment this Medical Center in Salida seems to offer. JMO MOO

Barry had a history of going to the Salida area for hunting trips well before they moved in 2018.

Based on what we know about BM, the move to CO seems like it would be 100% in his own interests with no thoughts given whatsoever about SM.

Barry had a history of going to the Salida area for hunting trips well before they moved in 2018.

Based on what we know about BM, the move to CO seems like it would be 100% in his own interests with no thoughts given whatsoever about SM.
IMO the Med Center there was what BM used as leverage for the move.

BBM
"A February post from a social media account believed to belong to Barry Morphew said that his wife had “beat cancer twice.” The Indiana-based source said that Suzanne’s cancer had returned around the time the family was preparing to move to Colorado in 2018, and that she “was not doing well” at that time. CrimeOnline cannot independently verify claims about Suzanne Morphew’s medical history."
Missing Suzanne Morphew may have had ‘angst’ about move to Colorado, family friend says [EXCLUSIVE]

Heart of the Rockies Regional Medical Center
1000 Rush Drive, Salida, CO 81201
"In addition to treatment, our team performs thorough diagnostic procedures to find the root cause of blood disorders and other special conditions.
Heart of the Rockies Regional Medical Center combines state-of-the-art oncologic medicine with a customized, patient-specific treatment plan. We aim to provide support that addresses the "whole person."
Salida Oncology Services | in CO

This is just a hunch and I have nothing to back this up, but the move may have been due to SM's health and the special treatment this Medical Center in Salida seems to offer. JMO MOO

That Salida Oncology Services statement is a customary description of cancer diagnostic and treatment servces that would fit hundreds of such centers in the US. There is no special treatment or expertise offered there that was not available near their original home.

That would not be her primary reason to move to Salida.

As I understand, it was the college that the older daughter would be attending that was the primary driver.

That Salida Oncology Services statement is a customary description of cancer diagnostic and treatment servces that would fit hundreds of such centers in the US. There is no special treatment or expertise offered there that was not available near their original home.

That would not be her primary reason to move to Salida.

As I understand, it was the college that the older daughter would be attending that was the primary driver.
Gotcha...not quite familiar with cancer treatments, but thought it sounded like they specialized in something. Thanks for clarifying.

He said that after the arrest was public yesterday during his live YouTube video.

He wasn’t that explicit about the five but that is how I interpreted it also.

It would make sense given all the cadaver dog activity.

Maybe he moved SM with his bobcat to various places he did work and used the work as cover. We know of three places that the dogs hit: 1. Job Site 2. Property that he sold 3. Trees planted near PP.

He also towed that bobcat around with him a lot, possibly so often that LE couldn’t keep up with when he was using it and when he wasn’t. And also to keep anyone from getting too close to it when he wasn’t around.

Given the 164 search warrants, it’s possible LE was all over the spots Andy searched well before that search happened which is why they weren’t super interested with the exception of the property that BM sold. Maybe that was the fifth location that a cadaver dog hit.

If that is the case. Maybe he dismembered Suzanne´s body and burried her in multiple places. Jmo and cringing only thinking about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member