Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #55 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Suzanne and Barry had a lot of friends in Indiana. It is my understanding that Suzanne’s BFF was the woman she went to college with at Purdue and the 2 were teachers together in Indiana. It is also my understanding this is the BFF Suzanne was texting with Saturday about this friend’s daughter’s upcoming nuptials, when convo abruptly ended. It is my opinion it is this same friend who made the recent tribute video to Suzanne as the video included pictures of this friend. The video I’m referring to had the “tick-tock” sound at the end. We have not heard a peep from this friend and I believe she will be a Star witness at Barry’s eventual trial. She, Suzanne’s bike mechanic Scot, and neighbor JR who Barry manipulated into calling 911, IMO will be very important witnesses at trial. We haven’t heard from any of these 3 publicly and I think for very good reason, because they all hold crucial information. There was info on SM’s twitter before it was disabled, about her BFF in Indiana, lots of pictures of she and Suzanne sharing good times together and endearing messages between the two. They appeared to be very close and loving toward one another, like Sisters from different Mother’s kind of relationship is the impression I got.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

ITA - I'm wondering whether this BFF who was spotted dining out with BM was wearing a wire.

I wish I had lived near SM and BM and had met him with her. I would have (like many of you here) been able to spot him in no time flat. If we had been at church together she would have known parts of my story...enough to know she could have reached out for help. And after meeting him I would have known to keep and eye out for her...and on him.
Thank you for sharing your story in church (and I'm sure other aspects of your life). I passionately believe we need strong women who've made it through to the other side to have the courage to talk about it despite the stigma and fear--for exactly the reason you say. So that women in doubt and danger know there's someone they can reach out to. I didn't have anyone like that; that's why I speak now too. I hope there comes a day when nobody ever feels stuck with an abuser. When everybody knows there's help available to them and that nobody deserves abuse.

You're so right. BM is just a classic narcissist and coercive controller. Once you've been their prey and made it out, you notice them immediately.

I’m curious to know which true crime podcasts he listened to and what he thought he was learning from them. He apparently missed the ones about not needing a body to convict, the power of circumstantial evidence, and not acting like a guilty creepo after your wife goes missing.

Yes Suzanne and Barry had a lot of friends in Indiana. It is my understanding that Suzanne’s closest BFF is the woman she went to college with at Purdue and the 2 were teachers together in Indiana. It is also my understanding this is the BFF Suzanne was texting with Saturday about this friend’s daughter’s upcoming nuptials, when convo abruptly ended. It is my opinion it is this same friend who made the recent tribute video to Suzanne as the video included pictures of this friend. The video I’m referring to had the “tick-tock” sound at the end. We have not heard a peep from this friend and I believe she will be a Star witness at Barry’s eventual trial. She, Suzanne’s bike mechanic Scot, and neighbor JR who Barry manipulated into calling 911, IMO will be very important witnesses at trial. We haven’t heard from any of these 3 publicly and I think for very good reason, because they all hold crucial information. There was info on SM’s twitter before it was disabled, about her BFF in Indiana, lots of pictures of she and Suzanne sharing good times together and endearing messages between the two. They appeared to be very close and loving toward one another, like Sisters from different Mother’s kind of relationship is the impression I got.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

thank you very much for all your very informative information.

Depending on context, though, this preceding event could have been the call to the sister where SM expressed her fears (for what we don't yet know).

I am wondering if there is also some independent verification of Suzanne's perhaps immediate fears ... maybe a detailed call to a DV helpline, upon the advice of her sister?

"In a press conference held Wednesday evening, Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze and District Attorney Linda Stanley defended their investigation from criticism that it has taken almost 12 months for detectives to make an arrest.

The pair admitted that they do not know Suzanne's cause of death, but implied that they have knowledge of an 'incident' that led to her killing. "

Husband of missing Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew is charged with murder a year after disappearance | Daily Mail Online
This is just normal Daily Mail things. The Sheriff and the DA didn't say anything about an 'incident' when they were discussing the cause of death. They just said that they had a 'certain scenario' in mind but it could change as they investigate further. Here's that part of the press conference.

Now I would guess there was some precipitating incident, but they didn't say that during the press conference.

ITA - I'm wondering whether this BFF who was spotted dining out with BM was wearing a wire.
My opinion would be yes she might have agreed to do this for LE and someone knew someone who was tipped off and was there getting photos with a long telephoto lens or did a lot of cropping since it was so pixelated. JMO

Shades of Scott Peterson. I feel certain that Barry was shocked that the world would not let Suzanne's disappearance fade into the background, no matter how much he avoided doing or saying anything to bring attention to her.

The same thing with Scott Peterson. He didn't want to be in the spotlight at all. He wanted it all to fade away. In fact, Laci's stepfather said that Scott would grab tons of Missing Posters and head out, stating that he was going to distribute them everywhere. They were found dumped in the trash. I'm glad that Laci's and Baby Conner's remains washed ashore and Scott was finally arrested.

I hope that Suzanne's remains are found, and the same justice awaits Barry.

BBM above.
If SM's remains are found, this WS thread will collapse as we will happily post that he will be further nailed.
Watching him, trying to explain his movements, at that/those sights, will be a treat to witness.
This ugly creep needs to be exposed further to show what did happen.
His ugly face will crumble further, as time goes on.

Yes Suzanne and Barry had a lot of friends in Indiana. It is my understanding that Suzanne’s closest BFF is the woman she went to college with at Purdue and the 2 were teachers together in Indiana. It is also my understanding this is the BFF Suzanne was texting with Saturday about this friend’s daughter’s upcoming nuptials, when convo abruptly ended. It is my opinion it is this same friend who made the recent tribute video to Suzanne as the video included pictures of this friend. The video I’m referring to had the “tick-tock” sound at the end. We have not heard a peep from this friend and I believe she will be a Star witness at Barry’s eventual trial. She, Suzanne’s bike mechanic Scot, and neighbor JR who Barry manipulated into calling 911, IMO will be very important witnesses at trial. We haven’t heard from any of these 3 publicly and I think for very good reason, because they all hold crucial information...
Yep. You are right on target reeling my wild imagination back to the real world. Maybe, this BFF was actually Face Timing with Suzanne when Barry is heard or seen doing something without realizing that he is on camera. This friend called the police immediately. Didn't she?

She probably is a very crucial witness.

JMO.

Remember when Barry claimed that he was there comforting Suzanne, when her family didn't care? To me that smacks of subtle emotional abuse....

For a lot of people living in tenuous relationships, answering the phone can be a dangerous situation. Abusers are often mistrustful by nature. Every caller is a lover. Every caller is someone who could learn too much. Some women begin to limit incoming calls. 'I'll call you.' 'If I hang up fast...'

Conveniently PP had poor cell coverage, sketchy wifi. How easy for Barry to hijack communication. JMO but I base this on Andy's description that they communicated with Suzanne thru Barry..... we don't know how many, if any, of those messages made their way to Suzanne herself. And none of it done as glaring abuse, but rather skilled manipulation.... Barry tells them, for instance, it's best you call or text me because Suzanne might be resting..... sounds loving, protective.... relays no messages to Suzanne who doesn't understand why contact falls off.... or sometimes victims of DV voluntarily drop off from contact while trying to fix or sort out their situations, not ready to expose what's going on....

I think Suzanne probably had to be REALLY careful who she contacted and what she conveyed.... you don't poke the Bear...

If Barry saw texts he didn't like....

I think we're getting a glimpse into how hunky dory things weren't....

I suspect it's going to prove to be worse than we imagine.

JMO

So I'm just going to say while I was married I inherited a good chunk of money. My ex was horrible and even though he wanted the divorce, I had to find a way to sneak to a lawyer. I had tons of money but I couldn't touch it! I had to ask the mailman to hand deliver any mail to me personally (bless him). I was only allowed 10 minutes of cell phone time per month. My aunt would write checks to a friend of mine and mail them to her.....she would cash the checks and bring the cash to me so I could sneak to the lawyer's office. It was terrifying, but I did it.
I won't go into it all, but there was A LOT of complex maneuvering that had to be done. A LOT. Not everyone can do it. I should be in the CIA...for real...it was a lot.
I was out of state like SM.

Hope now, you have a good life.
You certainly are very smart.:):):)

It appears SM may have been controlled by BM (I am shocked he took a plane to check on her holiday!!!!).
So SM planning perhaps to move on, would be stopped, if BM was aware, resulting in her disappearance.
Karma starting now.....
MOO.

If I thought he possibly killed SM I certainly would be too afraid to confront him possibly make him angry especially sitting alone with him in the cab conversing unless she was a plant wearing a wire.

I would think, BM would be very careful what he said about SM etc to anyone.
He thought he got away with things, and wouldn't want to disclose any info.
He wouldn't trust anyone.

Okay, we know that there was an "incident" that preceded the murder. I've been trying to think about who would be close enough to Barry and Suzanne to witness or know about an incident. The house cleaner is one that I came up with.

Speculation here: Does anyone think that the house cleaner saw something that made her figure out what happened? Perhaps, the "incident" involved things broken in the house with Barry saying that Suzanne cut herself.

Could Barry have called the house cleaner to help him clean up the crime scene without her knowing that it was a crime scene? Or, maybe, she came by on her regular day and saw Barry cleaning up and he made up some explanation.

Then, Suzanne ends up missing right after that. The house cleaner seems like one of the few who would have reason to be inside the home around this time.

Perhaps, the house cleaner isn't as much of a girlfriend as she is a witness...Someone noted that the police were over at his girlfriend's house for several hours after his arrest. I wonder if this girlfriend is/was the house cleaner.

Just my imagination running wild...

The press conference indicated LE has a theory based on evidence about what happened and how she died. At least that's my interpretation.

Apologies for the following graphic content:

My speculation is that he killed her in the hot tub. That would be a relatively easy thing to do considering their respective sizes. That would explain the alleged purchase of quantities of chlorine (per CM).

And wouldn't one need to drain the tub afterwards? How much water would be required to refill a hot tub? Would utility records show that? Or is the PP property even on municipal water? No, probably a well.

I wonder, too, if LE saw cuts, scratches, or other marks on BM on the 10th and that added to the suspicion? Maybe he agreed to be photographed when he went in for one of his "three-30" police interviews?

Really hoping those interviews become public at some point. I know it's early days for that but ... maybe one day. On Dateline perhaps?

Last edited:
Thanks, @AmandaReckonwith !
While listening to the presser on the 5th, I do believe sheriff Spezze or the DA said specifically that they are (paraphrased) "...aware of an incident leading to Suzanne's demise".

I'm also wondering like those above if the text was a facetime instead, and the friend saw the start of something ?
Obviously, she didn't see a death, or there'd be an arrest by now.
LE have what appears to be a 'no body' case, and the burden of proof is always on the prosecution.
Unfortunate ... but that's how it goes.
Imo.

Last edited:
Okay, we know that there was an "incident" that preceded the murder. I've been trying to think about who would be close enough to Barry and Suzanne to witness or know about an incident. The house cleaner is one that I came up with.

Speculation here: Does anyone think that the house cleaner saw something that made her figure out what happened? Perhaps, the "incident" involved things broken in the house with Barry saying that Suzanne cut herself.

Could Barry have called the house cleaner to help him clean up the crime scene without her knowing that it was a crime scene? Or, maybe, she came by on her regular day and saw Barry cleaning up and he made up some explanation.

Then, Suzanne ends up missing right after that. The house cleaner seems like one of the few who would have reason to be inside the home around this time.

Perhaps, the house cleaner isn't as much of a girlfriend as she is a witness...Someone noted that the police were over at his girlfriend's house for several hours after his arrest. I wonder if this girlfriend is/was the house cleaner.

Just my imagination running wild...
bbm
Great post !

It was possibly said during the presser -- and that was the first time I heard that LE were aware of such an event.
I think the DM article and accompanying video was edited.
Those words that either Spezze or the DA spoke stood out in my mind.
How did they know ?
Either someone spoke out or a video caught something ?
The cleaning person is a strong possibility, too !
Imo.

Last edited:
Some Indiana court records tied to both Barry and Suzanne. There used to be more for Barry but can’t seem to find them. Maybe someone else with more experience and knowledge can help. TIA
Indiana Supreme Court public access case search - MyCase

View attachment 296438
Beaver Products Inc vs. Rdj Custom Homes Inc
Barry Morphew and BLM Landscaping among other defendants
Converted Event
Complaint To Foreclose Mortgage and Summons filed. Received by c/m on 09-08-08 dated 09-05-08. LL0912 USER: LRL
View attachment 296439
Godby Heating & Air vs. Rdj Custom Homes Inc
Barry Morphew and BLM Landscaping were among many defendants.

Complaint for breach of contract, action on account and account states, foreclosure of mechanics liens and action on personal liability noties filed. Summons filed. dz1217 USER: DCZ
View attachment 296440
Barry Morphew, Suzanne Morphew vs. Lawyer Title Insurance Corporation
Barry and Suzanne Plaintiffs
Went to trial
Hearing Journal Entry
Parties appear for continuation of jury trial. Sworn jury appears. Evidence continued and concluded. Verdict entered in favor of Plaintiffs in the amount of $150,000. Counsel for Plaintiffs to provide judgment. Jury minute filed per entry in packet.

View attachment 296443
View attachment 296444
Jerry Brown, Miller Surveying Inc vs. Barry Morphew
Barry is defendant
Pltf demands judgment for $4575.00 plus interest and costs
Let me preface this by saying I don't know anything about the particular civil actions involving BM; however, I look at those dates and the fact that a developer is involved and I remember what I saw and heard from owners of several landscaping companies in my area around the same time as these dates. That was a devastating time for those contractors.

Before the subprime mortgage crisis, development was humming. Developers had access to financing to build new tracts and their various subcontractors had easy access to financing to provide upfront costs for their contracts associated with those developments (whether HVAC suppliers, window and door installers, cabinet installers, landscapers). There was high demand for housing, new housing construction was being developed to meet it, and there was a ladder of debt associated with developing that product and each separate subcontractor occupied a rung on that ladder of debt. Everyone presumed that the housing market would continue to hum and cash would keep coming in to pay off the debt that had been taken on in the previous month and, no matter what, completed housing would sell and provide funds to pay for all the subcontracted work.

When the subprime mortgage crisis hit in 2008, development stopped and so did payments to subcontractors - seemingly overnight. Even though they had completed the work they'd been contracted to complete as agreed, subcontractors were not receiving payment from the developers that would allow them to pay off the debt they had accumulated to upfront material costs and to pay their laborers. There were few house sales, so too little $ coming in to developers, they had a lot of housing product sitting on the market that no one was still interested in buying, and too many subcontractors demanding payment. So, the subcontractors began suing the developers and they also sued every other subcontractor on the projects in the hopes of collecting something to pay off their own debt. Meanwhile, the parties who were financing the developers themselves were also suing each other.

I think that a lot of those civil actions seen here with multiple defendants represent those deals. Landscapers who tended to work with individual homeowners on short term projects managed to do okay at collecting for the most part, but those landscapers who got into the development business and had established deals to do landscaping for multiple properties in an entire development or even multiple developments found themselves suddenly unable to collect any amounts from developers and unable to pay off the debt they had accumulated to complete the projects that now sat empty and unsold on the market.

BBM above.
If SM's remains are found, this WS thread will collapse as we will happily post that he will be further nailed.
Watching him, trying to explain his movements, at that/those sights, will be a treat to witness.
This ugly creep needs to be exposed further to show what did happen.
His ugly face will crumble further, as time goes on.
Wonder if he'll try to represent himself ?

bbm
Great post !

It was said during the presser -- and that was the first time I heard that LE were aware of such an event.
I think the DM article and accompanying video was edited.
Those words that either Spezze or the DA spoke stood out in my mind.
How did they know ?
Either someone spoke out or a video caught something ?
The cleaning person is a strong possibility, too !
Imo.
Now, I'm thinking that the friend in IN was on a FT with Suzanne and heard/saw something. Suzanne probably was focused on her friend when the "master" walked through the door. She didn't greet him with bells and whistles. Perhaps, the true Barry was exposed to this woman on the other end without Barry knowing that she was FT and not just texting.

If this is the case, this along with not being able to get in touch with Suzanne and Suzanne missing her daughter's wedding would alert her as soon as she heard that her friend was missing.

My question is this: Are these FT's recorded by anyone? Will it just be her testimony or was she able to capture something (assuming that this is what happened)??

JMO.

Last edited:
Well then he is a stupid idiot and learned nothing because we all see him.
...unless...he was trying to learn how to become the latest subject for every true crime show.

BBM above.
Oh, we certainly needed this.:D:D:D
I told you, you were smart in my other post.

Hope this sentence appears where BM is now housed, in front of his cell for him to constantly think about, 'how LE found out".
Hah hah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member