Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #55 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I once had a loan officer call me at work asking me if I knew where my (ex)husband could be found. He used his name. When I told him for whom he worked and where I thought that he lived, I mentioned that I was his FORMER wife. The man said that he knew that. So, apparently, former partners must be more willing to give up information on someone with whom they no longer associate.

I have thought about one of the two women turning on Barry. Both would probably have valuable information; however, a former "friend" would probably be more willing to provide crucial information.
The key, evidently, in these criminal cases, is the revenge element. Ex-girlfriends are quick to turn their schmucks of ex-boyfriends into LE.
I'm going to love it if the mystery redhead was a plant and/or she gave away BM's secrets to LE.

Well then he is a stupid idiot and learned nothing because we all see him.
...unless...he was trying to learn how to become the latest subject for every true crime show.

Narcissistic arrogance often trumps common sense. He looked utterly shocked in his mugshot and he didn’t have a defense attorney already on retainer. Despite all the activity swirling around him, I think he was completely surprised that he got arrested. I bet he thought he was going to get away with it and ride off with his ill-gotten liquidated assets into the Mexican Arizona sunset.

The key, evidently, in these criminal cases, is the revenge element. Ex-girlfriends are quick to turn their schmucks of ex-boyfriends into LE.
I'm going to love it if the mystery redhead was a plant and/or she gave away BM's secrets to LE.
You think she got this going? I read that she was a friend of Suzanne's. So many things said, it's confusing to say the least.

I can’t get the thought out of my head that one of the alleged girlfriends is an undercover cop. And the other woman he was seen with who is allegedly a friend of SM? That does not make sense to me at all. Do we think BM was having an affair with one of her friends? Could that woman possibly be the one SM was texting until it abruptly ended?
Where is MG? I’ve always thought she was possibly whisked away for her own protection in anticipation of being called on as a witness.
All JMO
IMO either undercover cop or Daily Mail plant. Funny how Daily Mail conveniently got a photo op.

he went hunting all the time. his pals said he listened to true crime during his time in the woods.
Which is why I think he dismembered her and that’s why the dogs hit on a few different areas during AM’s search he organized. If I was Suzanne’s sister I wouldn’t be so forgiving to a man who deceived everyone even his own daughters and by lying almost a year and still not admitting it. The family didn’t know if she was dead or alive for a long time they couldn’t even give her a proper burial because he killed and hid her. This is some kind of evil.

You think she got this going? I read that she was a friend of Suzanne's. So many things said, it's confusing to say the least.
He had a great life, provided a good life.
And now sorrow is in every corner of his family and in a lot of his community.
I wonder where and when he became so consumingly selfish.

Another thing that comes to mind is he would probably have no problem dismembering a human being and skillfully at that considering he was an avid game hunter dressing deer and other animals since a young age. I think I remember seeing photos of some of his kills posted last year. He had a lot of big game taxidermy heads hung up in the PP house. He was so proud and macho wasn’t he? Monster.

bbm
1,000 "Likes" for this post !

Re. the bolded : Exactly.
Remember at the beginning of her vanishing he wanted to be known as "the husband".
Imo.
Shades of Scott Peterson. I feel certain that Barry was shocked that the world would not let Suzanne's disappearance fade into the background, no matter how much he avoided doing or saying anything to bring attention to her.

The same thing with Scott Peterson. He didn't want to be in the spotlight at all. He wanted it all to fade away. In fact, Laci's stepfather said that Scott would grab tons of Missing Posters and head out, stating that he was going to distribute them everywhere. They were found dumped in the trash. I'm glad that Laci's and Baby Conner's remains washed ashore and Scott was finally arrested.

I hope that Suzanne's remains are found, and the same justice awaits Barry.

Shades of Scott Peterson. I feel certain that Barry was shocked that the world would not let Suzanne's disappearance fade into the background, no matter how much he avoided doing or saying anything to bring attention to her.

The same thing with Scott Peterson. He didn't want to be in the spotlight at all. He wanted it all to fade away. In fact, Laci's stepfather said that Scott would grab tons of Missing Posters and head out, stating that he was going to distribute them everywhere. They were found dumped in the trash. I'm glad that Laci's and Baby Conner's remains washed ashore and Scott was finally arrested.

I hope that Suzanne's remains are found, and the same justice awaits Barry.

and yet sly Scott Peterson got his death penalty overturned last year and now he has a good chance of getting a new trial. I live in CA and followed this case extensively.

Did any of you catch the Dateline episode last night? Even though the circumstances were different, listening to the oldest daughter (21) speak about her Father. Knowing he killed her Mom. Gave me a different perspective in respect to Barry & daughters.

Tonight on ‘Dateline’: How justice was done for Renee Pagel | WOODTV.com
DATELINE FRIDAY SNEAK PEEK: Window of Opportunity

Thanks. I had recorded it...I watched it.
Very mature 21 yr old to actually do the interview.
Her father’s rage entitlement was insane.
Why do murderers always say they murdered in self defense or in this case, blame another person they told. Like they are confessing ...but with the caveat that they are a victim too.

MOO

I've never heard that Barry followed true crime. Andy described him as a workaholic, almost to the point of obsession. I don't know how he would have found the time. I think he just concentrated on looking like the sincere, grieving husband in that video.
I suspect that Barry was not working every time that he said that he was. I'm sure that was his excuse for being gone away from home so much.

Chris M. mentioned that Barry's buddies said that he listened to true crime while driving to hunting spots.

JMO.

Once BM's DNA is collected (as I assume it will have been by now), can it be run against databases to see whether there are connections to other crimes or disappearances? Anyone know how long that would take?

I don't know how slowly or quickly national databases are running right now, but Barry's DNA would need to be called up and compared by local LE to crimes they still have outstanding.

Further, I'm sure that LE already had Barry's DNA - from his toothbrush or his pillow or his laundry or his truck steering wheel...etc.

It's just that now it will go into national databases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BabyGhoul