Food and Recipes while under Coronavirus quarantine #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here in NJ, last week I turned the air on, today I have the heat on. Was going to the nursery to buy my summer flowers with my mom but put those plans on hold, afraid it might still be too cold here next few nights. Crazy weather. Hope you all have a very Happy Mothers Day.

Same here in NJ, last week I turned the air on, today I have the heat on. Was going to the nursery to buy my summer flowers with my mom but put those plans on hold, afraid it might still be too cold here next few nights. Crazy weather. Hope you all have a very Happy Mothers Day.

I've been thinking about summer planting, as well, but it's usually not advised in Michigan until after May 20. Weather has been crazy so far this season, so we'll probably wait until Memorial Day weekend to go the nursery and do our planting. Happy Mother's Day to you, too :)

Happy Mother's Day! I am SO excited to finally be able to see my kids! Planning a barbecue, but the weather has been unseasonably cold...

Looks like grilled cheese and roasted red pepper tomato soup for dinner here tonight.
Make a fire pit as part of your BBQ plans. Then roast marshmallows or hotdogs. A circle of lawn chairs, stack of quilts, hot cider, coffee, etc. Let me know what time so I can join in.... LOL!!

DH and I went to Picano's - our favorite local restaurant - and were surprised to see the parking lot nearly full. We worried that we might not be seated right away and had not made reservations. Turns out that there were two private parties in banquet rooms, but the rest of the restaurant wasn't particularly busy. That said, our favorite waitress had no available tables in her section near the bar, so we were seated at a booth in the main dining room. The main dining area is all booths and has not been used on previous visits during the pandemic. We were a little disappointed to not have our waitress friend, but the young woman that we had was very personable amd provided excellent service. She asked our friend to stop by our table when she saw her in the kitchen. Everyone has to work today, and our waitress told us that she made reservations for her mother and grandmother: She will serve their table and pay for their meal. So sweet!

DH had shrimp scampi, and I had gnocchi with tomato-basil sauce. I usually order a veal dish at Picano's because it's something that I rarely cook at home. I didn't want to have meat two days in a row since we're having NY strips with baked potatoes for dinner tonight. I have plenty of leftover gnocchi for lunch today :) Happy Mother's Day!

Well, since our plans got blow to bits because of my health and restrictions, on top of the fact that both my kiddos had their 2nd vaccines Friday....we're doing nothing much today. I decided to take my roasted veggies (potatoes, carrots, onion, garlic) and turn them into a breakfast skillet for brunch. It was so good. Just like the little diner called Dutch Valley makes.

I added real butter in my skillet, added the roasted veggies and let them warm about 10 minutes on low. Stirred a few times to get the potatoes a bit crispy. Then I tore up some fresh spinach, diced and seeded a tomato and put that on top. Let that warm for a 5 minutes. Sprinkled on cheddar jack cheese and let that melt. Took it off the burner to set up. Scrambled an egg and put that on top.

The carrots actually added a nice slight sweet flavor. I ate it all..... I did not share because the youngest is in the building but was still snoozing at the time.

https://dutchvalleyrestaurant.net/menu

Well, since our plans got blow to bits because of my health and restrictions, on top of the fact that both my kiddos had their 2nd vaccines Friday....we're doing nothing much today. I decided to take my roasted veggies (potatoes, carrots, onion, garlic) and turn them into a breakfast skillet for brunch. It was so good. Just like the little diner called Dutch Valley makes...

Looks alike a "joint" that should be featured on Guy Fieri's Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives on Food Network :)

Well, since our plans got blow to bits because of my health and restrictions, on top of the fact that both my kiddos had their 2nd vaccines Friday....we're doing nothing much today. I decided to take my roasted veggies (potatoes, carrots, onion, garlic) and turn them into a breakfast skillet for brunch. It was so good. Just like the little diner called Dutch Valley makes.

I added real butter in my skillet, added the roasted veggies and let them warm about 10 minutes on low. Stirred a few times to get the potatoes a bit crispy. Then I tore up some fresh spinach, diced and seeded a tomato and put that on top. Let that warm for a 5 minutes. Sprinkled on cheddar jack cheese and let that melt. Took it off the burner to set up. Scrambled an egg and put that on top.

The carrots actually added a nice slight sweet flavor. I ate it all..... I did not share because the youngest is in the building but was still snoozing at the time.

Your breakfast skillet sounds delicious!

That restaurant is my kind of place! I could eat there every day and be happy...

I recently got a loaf of brioche bread at the farmers market and used part of it to make French toast for the two of us. Delicious with Vermont maple syrup!

Your breakfast skillet sounds delicious!

That restaurant is my kind of place! I could eat there every day and be happy...

I recently got a loaf of brioche bread at the farmers market and used part of it to make French toast for the two of us. Delicious with Vermont maple syrup!
Me too. We used to live behind there in that "Gulf Gate" section of town. It was our go to place, even when we had company. We never had a bad meal there. Now I rarely get by there. But when I do, the breakfast skillet is my first choice. I'd bring half of it home and it would disappear...... I've since learned to bring home an extra one if I want any the next day. LOL!

Today was the produce pick up. Well, it was supposed to be “Produce Only” but.... I was one of the last ones there.

So they gave me 3 boxes of produce!!! Plus bags with mushrooms, raspberries, bananas, oranges, & lemons. Then, they gave me 3 boxes of dry goods like pasta, rice, peanut butter, canned veggies, etc.

My friend went with me and all I could get her to take home were the mushrooms and 1 onion! LOL!!

I just happened to clean out the fridge this morning because it was trash day. I still don’t have enough room for all this. I need to find some takers..... and get cookin’

Attachments

• 78E93226-1D3E-4B15-9A81-198DCA181B3B.jpeg
    78E93226-1D3E-4B15-9A81-198DCA181B3B.jpeg
    125.1 KB · Views: 29
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics