Food and Recipes while under Coronavirus quarantine #2

Discussion in 'Safety Tips and Things to do While Quarantined' started by Trudie, Mar 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PayrollNerd

PayrollNerd Well-Known Member

I'm going to north GA, east of Atlanta next week to visit a friend. I have so few warm clothes that I looked on Amazon for flannel pjs. No luck finding anything for under $50. And on top of that, my youngest was over here last night and dug out my 1 pair of fuzzy socks. LOL! She told me my A/C was too cold - it is set at 75 deg. This is my kid who loves the cold???? Silliness after hours of working on her application for vet school I guess.

I have been on a no cooking kick. My meals have consisted of sandwiches, cottage cheese, boiled eggs, salads and breaded chicken strips. Breakfast has been sausage patties warmed up and Pillsbury frozen biscuits. Maybe the cool weather will hang around for a bit and I'll get back into cooking.

JDG, Auntie Cipation, anneg and 2 others like this.

2. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes Fasten your seatbelts...

I've had Hawaiian pizza but don't like the combination of ham, pineapple, tomato sauce, and cheese. My favorite pizzas are all veggies, ham & mushrooms, Caprese (fresh mozzarella, fresh tomatoes, fresh basil). Traditional pepperoni pizza is alright, too. I see unusual pizzas on shows like Triple D and wonder who came up with these strange combinations.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
  3. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

I like spicy Hawaiian pizza once in a while.

4. 155etta

155etta Well-Known Member

My husband and I really like this pizza from Papa Murphy's take and bake chain. Delicious.

Take 'N' Bake | Papa Murphy's Pizza

Chicken Bacon Artichoke

Our Artisan Thin Crust, topped with Creamy Garlic Sauce, Whole-Milk Mozzarella, Grilled Chicken Raised Without Antibiotics, Crispy Bacon, Marinated Artichoke Hearts, Fresh Spinach, Aged Parmesan and Zesty Herbs

5. PayrollNerd

PayrollNerd Well-Known Member

You just gave me an idea. I have one of those tiny frozen $1.50 cheese pizzas. I could add a slice of my deli ham, some chopped tomato, white cheese and that can be my dinner.

6. BetteDavisEyes

Two loaves of pumpkin bread just went into the oven as DH was returning from his swim and a quick trip to Meijer. He wanted to do a mile swim for his birthday (tomorrow) but didn't quite make it. When he was in the pharmacy, there were lots of folks lined up for Pfizer booster. Another reason we both plan to wait a while the get our shots.

7. Shamrock1

Shamrock1 Well-Known Member

There was a pizza chain near me that had interesting toppings. Mac & cheese, taco salad, mashed potatoes, etc. I loved the jalapeño popper version - dollops of ricotta with jalapeños and a little sharp cheddar. The ricotta really made it.

JDG, IceIce9, Auntie Cipation and 3 others like this.
  8. 155etta

155etta Well-Known Member

Do you add anything to your pumpkin bread, like nuts or choc chips?

JDG and mickey2942 like this.
  9. anneg

anneg Well-Known Member

You might try a thrift shop for the flannel PJs or nightgown--although maybe no one in Florida ever wears such things!

10. BetteDavisEyes

I sometimes add a cup of chopped walnuts but didn't this time. One loaf is for my brother who doesn't like nuts.

11. Shamrock1

Shamrock1 Well-Known Member

If you’re ok with used, you might try a place like goodwill - I see a lot of women’s PJs. Hanna Andersson PJ sets run 80-90 full price BUT they go down to 10-11 per top & per bottom sometimes. Most of them are a thick cotton, not flannel, but so cozy. There are BST Facebook pages (buy/sell/trade) but because Hannas are so heavy to ship, it can be cheaper to buy new on clearance vs used. We’re not Star Wars fans here, but I have a lot of Hanna’s Star Wars PJ bottoms because they were so cheap…I’ll be picky when we don’t have a puppy with sharp puppy teeth.

JDG and PayrollNerd like this.
  12. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.