Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #56 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would he, when he was known to be in Broomfield, and that was known to at least 4+ other people?

I don't think the FF ever came from BM. I think it was a misunderstanding and came from a family member that wasn't sure where, or why, BM was out of town.

My thinking was the Broomfield trip seemed thrown together. Did he originally attempt to tell Suzanne that he was to be at FF training, and asked someone to back him up? When that fell apart, things went very badly, he then needed an alibi for murder.

Excellent post @Hoosierfan72. I 1000% agree. I’ve felt for a long time that there was no evidence found indicating SM had an accident/crashed her bike, that there was something about the bike itself that provided a huge clue to LE. I believe they knew from virtually the jump that the bike/bike scene was staged, and found out that the bike found was either not Suzanne’s expensive bike that she regularly rode and/or there was something about the bike found that rendered it inoperable. LE never handled SM “missing” as an abduction nor gave any indication that they were looking alternate suspects.

All of the above IMHOO.

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne
AND they locked him out of his house that very first night!
AND kept him locked out...
They know him pretty well.
They're even better than we know.
And he's worse.

I just did a little search and found a video on YT entitled How not to disolve a body in lye. I'm totally shocked at the speed in which this works. They use expired meat products. What totally surprised me was the bone was basically gone/crumbles/mush. A real eye opener. moo

Thanks NC.
Thanks a lot.
So, the hunter would travel with his knives to his hunting site, kill his animal, disembowel the animal on site...
return home with what remained.. for the larder.
Would most hunters be fast and proficient at this job?
Okay.. I have a picture now, in my head.
Thanks so very much.

Yes. Experienced hunters should be able to field dress a deer in under 30 minutes. Something the size of an elk would take longer, because they are so much larger that they may need to be quartered to be packed out.

As far as the antlers that are cut off, any flesh or tissue that is left is scrubbed off, or left hanging outside for the bugs to clean it. I don’t know of anyone who has used anything stronger than peroxide unless they wanted to bleach out the antlers to make them look aged. I think they used bleach or something similar.

I have heard of other ways to rid flesh from bone from a friend who did a couple of tours (not 400), in the sand box. They went into a village with tanks full of battery acid. That’s all I’ll say about that.

MOO

I just did a little search and found a video on YT entitled How not to disolve a body in lye. I'm totally shocked at the speed in which this works. They use expired meat products. What totally surprised me was the bone was basically gone/crumbles/mush. A real eye opener. moo
It is.
But NC has thrown up a few more animal ideas that might not have required internal lye dissolution...
And hunters are experienced butchers..
Pre- meditated.
He knew his skills and abilities and how fast he could butcher an animal. It wouldn't have cost him a thought.
Still doesn't explain the chlorine at the house, though.
Not sufficiently.
What do you think?

If I were defense counsel to Barry, I would argue that Suzanne crashed her bike and suffered a bad head injury which left her so disoriented that she concealed herself very well so that no amount of searching would ever find her - and then died.

This theory might just resonate with a jury. Indeed, this theory is all they talk about on the Jason Landry thread.

A crashed bike leaves ample forensic evidence. Bikes can only move at certain speeds and when they are found downhill from a road, having crashed, there must be forensic evidence. Especially an accident that left Suzanne so badly injured.

I believe the "found item" was her helmet and it either has damage or it doesn't - it was found away from the bike. A severe head injury usually immobilizes a person, but it certainly would show evidence on the helmet

I believe the lack of such evidence was immediately apparently. We have heard the biking was leaning against something (a tree or brush). It should have a bent fork or some stress fractures in the fork (etc). And bike tracks consistent with a sudden, very hard stop (she would have had to fly over the handle bars or off the bike onto rocks to get that kind of injury).

I'm curious though - who could the defense call to say this "might have happened"? They can suggest it in their opening and closing, but without evidence, the jury is unlikely to be convinced. Defense attorneys can say whatever they wish, but it's unreasonable to believe something without evidence. Obviously, LE has already had the bike examined every which way from Sunday.

Of course - the evidence on the other side is hopefully going to speak volumes.

Lyes are different. The only thing is, I just checked, one would not mix bleach with lye for the fear of chlorine gas that is very toxic. Lye would not explain chlorine smell.

If I were defense counsel to Barry, I would argue that Suzanne crashed her bike and suffered a bad head injury which left her so disoriented that she concealed herself very well so that no amount of searching would ever find her - and then died.

This theory might just resonate with a jury. Indeed, this theory is all they talk about on the Jason Landry thread.

IMO, I would think that they are going to try and do what they can to keep out BM of court. He may be looking at trying to make a deal already. If it does get to court I could also see them trying to get the case moved to another location.

Yes. Experienced hunters should be able to field dress a deer in under 30 minutes. Something the size of an elk would take longer, because they are so much larger that they may need to be quartered to be packed out.

As far as the antlers that are cut off, any flesh or tissue that is left is scrubbed off, or left hanging outside for the bugs to clean it. I don’t know of anyone who has used anything stronger than peroxide unless they wanted to bleach out the antlers to make them look aged. I think they used bleach or something similar.

I have heard of other ways to rid flesh from bone from a friend who did a couple of tours (not 400), in the sand box. They went into a village with tanks full of battery acid. That’s all I’ll say about that.

MOO
Battery acid!
H₂SO₄ + chlorine
Sulfuric Acid & Chlorine Bleach Reaction
=The reaction of sulfuric acid and sodium hypochlorite doesn't stop with the production of sodium sulfate and hypochlorous acid. In water solutions, hypocholorite (HClO) and chlorine (Cl2) reach an equilibrium that is dependent on the pH of the solution. In an acidic solution, the equilibrium favors chlorine in the following fashion: Hypochlorous acid partially breaks down into the hypochlorite anion (OCl?) and hydrogen cation (H+). Hypochlorous acid is a strong oxidant, so the remaining hypochlorous acid in the solution oxidizes the hypochlorite anion producing the irritating and toxic chlorine gas (Cl2).

Chlorine gas also is used as a disinfectant, microbistat/microbicide and algicide in food processing systems, pulp and paper mill systems, and commercial and industrial water cooling systems. It is used in washing meat, fresh produce and seeds to control decay-causing microorganisms.

That ended up nowhere.
Barry would enjoy nothing more than the thoughts of a group of people attempting to second guess him...
Possibly the chlorine purchase was merely for gaslighting purposes,(pun unintended, just coincidental) he didn't need it for anything else...
Barry thought he was the ultimate hunter, now he's caught in someone else's trap.

Goodnight.. sorry for this mess of a post which went nowhere.
The fix was in.
We were hunting a hunter.
He knows everything about disposing of bodies.
What about wells on his property?
Chlorine is used to disinfect wells and it's possible to drink from them very soon afterwards.

It is.
But NC has thrown up a few more animal ideas that might not have required internal lye dissolution...
And hunters are experienced butchers..
Pre- meditated.
He knew his skills and abilities and how fast he could butcher an animal. It wouldn't have cost him a thought.
Still doesn't explain the chlorine at the house, though.
Not sufficiently.
What do you think?
Cover up odors, hunters tools, urine neutralizer, bedding, and blood of course. I'm assuming that LE focused on the area with the strongest scent. Hunters use bleach probably more that we do in janitorial services. Mold and stains are all I personally would ever use it on. With that in mind, kitchen and bathrooms and possibly laundry if absolutely necessary. I can tell you from experience that no matter how careful I am I always seem to get one drip, splash or smear on the top or pants, it's a given. I'd place a bet that they're was a ruined set of clothing possibly missing or overlooked or in the dumpster of BMs.

Lyes are different. The only thing is, I just checked, one would not mix bleach with lye for the fear of chlorine gas that is very toxic. Lye would not explain chlorine smell.
No of course not. No mixing. But it could have covered up the odor of what previously took place. I'm sure we will soon know. I just don't see a man being careful with bleach in a house especially under pressure.

Do we know what bike repairs were done on Thursday?
No, we do not. Lauren tracked down and spoke to SM’s bike mechanic Scot, and he confirmed that he saw Suzanne on Thursday, May 7, 2020. Iirc, Lauren said Scot couldn’t/wouldn’t elaborate on details of SM’s visit. It was very early on this was discussed and I’ve searched the Media Thread and can’t find the original link of LS report on this. She discussed it on one of her FB lives or appearances on PE with Mike and Chris, iirc. The conclusion I drew was that LE likely paid Scot a visit and asked him not to reveal details about the bike repairs, as he has crucial info and will be important witness at future trial.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
I'm only 30 minutes into Chris M.'s latest Y/T, and a few things are beginning to click for me. I can now see that the older girl is Barry's favorite. He took her bear hunting with him. You can see her standing by him in photos where you can tell they obviously love each other very much.

She is the one who was very upset during his court proceeding. Her younger sister is seen rubbing her leg and trying to comfort her. I feel certain that it is this older girl who was crying at the end of the hearing.

I can imagine that it will be even more heartbreaking to accept that your hero murdered your mother.

Both girls need to be in counseling as soon as possible. It's so tragic how one selfish act can affect so many people.

My thoughts and prayers are with both sides of the family.

Justice for Suzanne. I sure hope that her remains are found.

JMO.

Do we know what bike repairs were done on Thursday?
No, we do not. Lauren tracked down and spoke to SM bike mechanic Scot, and he confirmed that he saw Suzanne on Thursday, May 7, 2020. Iirc, Lauren said Scot couldn’t/wouldn’t elaborate on details of the visit. It was very early on this was discussed and I’ve searched the Media Thread and can’t find the original link of LS report on this, but it was early on she discussed it on I believe one of her FB lives or appearances on PE with Mike and Chris. The conclusion I drew was that LE likely paid Scot a visit and asked him not to reveal details as he has important info and future important witness.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

It was Lauren Scharf that reported this. She spoke about it on a PE episode.

At 17:00 she says she has learned that the bike repair guy SAW SM and worked on her bike on Thursday May 7.
LS also says she would like to schedule an interview and speak MORE with him. IMO her saying speak more indicates she heard it straight from him and probably via phone call.
JMO

ETA: @Cindizzi was OP of summary and insightful perspective!

Last edited:

MOO
How hard would it be to hide a body in a dressed Elk carcass?

I'm only 30 minutes into Chris M.'s latest Y/T, and a few things are beginning to click for me. I can now see that the older girl is Barry's favorite. He took her bear hunting with him. You can see her standing by him in photos where you can tell they obviously love each other very much.

She is the one who was very upset during his court proceeding. Her younger sister is seen rubbing her leg and trying to comfort her. I feel certain that it is this older girl who was crying at the end of the hearing.

I can imagine that it will be even more heartbreaking to accept that your hero murdered your mother.

Both girls need to be in counseling as soon as possible. It's so tragic how one selfish act can affect so many people.

My thoughts and prayers are with both sides of the family.

Justice for Suzanne. I sure hope that her remains are found.

JMO.
I didn’t see the Live but take a look at SM Twitter page ( someone said it was disabled but it’s still up) and you will see SM posting about BM and the older daughter taking trip to Colorado back in 2015

https://twitter.com/srmorphew/status/659895672485888000?s=21

And in 2016

https://twitter.com/srmorphew/status/741614789005303809?s=21

Perhaps BM treated her like the “son he never had”? JMO

Don’t mean for that to sound sexist like women can’t be outdoorsy, just that BM is old school macho.

Battery acid!
H₂SO₄ + chlorine
Sulfuric Acid & Chlorine Bleach Reaction
=The reaction of sulfuric acid and sodium hypochlorite doesn't stop with the production of sodium sulfate and hypochlorous acid. In water solutions, hypocholorite (HClO) and chlorine (Cl2) reach an equilibrium that is dependent on the pH of the solution. In an acidic solution, the equilibrium favors chlorine in the following fashion: Hypochlorous acid partially breaks down into the hypochlorite anion (OCl?) and hydrogen cation (H+). Hypochlorous acid is a strong oxidant, so the remaining hypochlorous acid in the solution oxidizes the hypochlorite anion producing the irritating and toxic chlorine gas (Cl2).

Chlorine gas also is used as a disinfectant, microbistat/microbicide and algicide in food processing systems, pulp and paper mill systems, and commercial and industrial water cooling systems. It is used in washing meat, fresh produce and seeds to control decay-causing microorganisms.

That ended up nowhere.
Barry would enjoy nothing more than the thoughts of a group of people attempting to second guess him...
Possibly the chlorine purchase was merely for gaslighting purposes,(pun unintended, just coincidental) he didn't need it for anything else...
Barry thought he was the ultimate hunter, now he's caught in someone else's trap.

Goodnight.. sorry for this mess of a post which went nowhere.
The fix was in.
We were hunting a hunter.
He knows everything about disposing of bodies.
What about wells on his property?
Chlorine is used to disinfect wells and it's possible to drink from them very soon afterwards.

technically speaking, if you have H2SO4, you don’t need chlorine at all.

I googled aqua Regia, one can make it at home by mixing either hydrochloric acid and nitric acid, or hydrochloric acid and some nitrous salts. It is pretty strong, but I don’t think he needs to go that far. Perhaps he tried to use something to get rid of the body, but it didn’t work?

Another version - if Suzanne was meant to “disappear” with her jewelry, one would use aqua Regia that dissolves gold and platinum. This could explain chlorine smell, and it would be the gas from HCL.

Maybe it is all what he did in the house, dissolved the jewelry? Took her body somewhere else, lots of places in CO, but jewelry he can not afford to be found…

I am watching CM Live video and he showed us a picture of BM & SM trailer when they were moving to CO.

To move like this shows no organization, and cheap.:D
With no organization, probably LE have found such evidence in SM's murder, besides the ridiculous alibi, with BM's back and forth movements.

The cheap move: BM must save every penny, everywhere he can.
Pure greed, as we have seen with all the recent sales.
Hope it now all goes on his Defence.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member