Found Deceased SC - Celia Sweeney, 28, Charleston, Feb 2020 *arrest*

Does Walton have a trial date set? I don’t expect this to get to court before mid next year but I’m just checking in on cases that are waiting.
No. The case status is pending. The activity thus far is as follows:

CourtPlus

K684964 THE STATE OF SOUTH CAROLINA VS MARK DWAYNE WALTON

06/03/2020 PRELIMINARY HEARING REQUEST
05/04/2020 BOND/BOND PAPERWORK/ U250-20836447
05/01/2020 ORDER/BOND MODIFICATION/$250000 SU
04/27/2020 MOTION/DISCOVERY
04/27/2020 NOTICE OF APPEARANCE
04/24/2020 MOTION/MOTION FOR BOND
04/13/2020 WAIVE APPEARANCE AT BOND HEARING
04/13/2020 WARRANT AND AFFIDAVIT

CourtPlus

Thank you very much for this info update and that’s a beautiful dog in your avatar pic.

Charleston courts resume in-person trials Monday

The City of Charleston says municipal courts will re-open for in-person traffic and criminal bench trials on Monday.

While the courts are opening up some trials to being in-person, the city says there will not be any jury trial cases scheduled for the time being.

Sadly, we are into the 1 year anniversary of this situation where we still don’t know the facts but the result has been tragic.

I’ve been doing my absolute best to never comment on read these forums for the last year. But some of what is said on here is so far fetched from any truth.
Yes it has been over a year and I still don’t know what really happened to my best friend.
I was Celia’s neighbor and I will take name of her best friend at the time. We were both new to Charleston working in food and beverage. I moved a few buildings down a month prior to this. Her boyfriend, PS, is a very good friend of mine. He initially called me on that Friday morning to check on her. I called 911 after several attempts of not getting into her apartment, when PS then drove down to unlock the door to the horror he found.
With all your speculating please know, Celia was the most amazing human I’ve ever met. My short 3 months knowing her will never be forgotten, neither will her demise which has broken many hearts. I’ll never go into detail, as that would be a betrayal to Celia’s mother and family. Which is also why I’ve turned down many media requests when this happened.
As for the other 2 initials, MW and GS. I hope they all get what they deserve.
Rest In Peace Celia.

Rest In Peace Celia.

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your friend and respect your loyalty to her and her family. With respect to those two and anyone else who might have been involved, I believe I am safe in saying all of us here want justice for Celia. I know it will be a while coming, but I wish healing, comfort and justice for you and all her friends and family.

I’ve been doing my absolute best to never comment on read these forums for the last year. But some of what is said on here is so far fetched from any truth.
Yes it has been over a year and I still don’t know what really happened to my best friend.
I was Celia’s neighbor and I will take name of her best friend at the time. We were both new to Charleston working in food and beverage. I moved a few buildings down a month prior to this. Her boyfriend, PS, is a very good friend of mine. He initially called me on that Friday morning to check on her. I called 911 after several attempts of not getting into her apartment, when PS then drove down to unlock the door to the horror he found.
With all your speculating please know, Celia was the most amazing human I’ve ever met. My short 3 months knowing her will never be forgotten, neither will her demise which has broken many hearts. I’ll never go into detail, as that would be a betrayal to Celia’s mother and family. Which is also why I’ve turned down many media requests when this happened.
Rest In Peace Celia.

Thanks for your post and I do hope that anything that I’ve written about this hasn’t served to cause pain for anybody close to Miss Sweeney. Tho I didn’t know her, I share her passion about animal welfare and named her in a donation for that cause. I live in the same area as Carr did and started following this at the start. Please accept my regrets on losing a good friend, I know that is tough.

Charleston courts resume in-person trials Monday

The City of Charleston says municipal courts will re-open for in-person traffic and criminal bench trials on Monday.

While the courts are opening up some trials to being in-person, the city says there will not be any jury trial cases scheduled for the time being.

These courts are probably so far behind that there’s no telling when anything will come up with this.

These courts are probably so far behind that there’s no telling when anything will come up with this.

There was some movement in January with a preliminary hearing that was bound over. But you're right, it will take a while. My experience watching SC cases in normal times is that it can take two years to go to trial. Sad, but true. JMOO

Public Index Search

CourtPlus

Is it weird that there's no new date? In my state and many others, they'll have a "scheduled hearing" listed even if it's far out.

Is it weird that there's no new date? In my state and many others, they'll have a "scheduled hearing" listed even if it's far out.

I tried to go thru the SC dockets online but I never have much luck. You are correct, a case I follow in Florida has a list of court dates.

Update on Charleston County jury trials:

Charleston Co. sees first criminal case go to trial before jury in nearly a year and a half

Charleston County saw the beginnings of its first criminal case go to trial before a seated jury in nearly a year and a half.

Officials with the Charleston County Clerk’s office said in the last year and a half, there have been three trials scheduled. However, court documents show none of those cases ended up going before a jury for trial and instead were continued or the defended pleaded guilty.

Update on Charleston County jury trials:

Charleston Co. sees first criminal case go to trial before jury in nearly a year and a half

Charleston County saw the beginnings of its first criminal case go to trial before a seated jury in nearly a year and a half.

Officials with the Charleston County Clerk’s office said in the last year and a half, there have been three trials scheduled. However, court documents show none of those cases ended up going before a jury for trial and instead were continued or the defended pleaded guilty.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they hit the brakes again with the case increases in SC.

I hate the delay but that virus is pretty bad here in SC so it’s for good reason. I expected a guilty plea in this case but I guess not.
Same problems WRT the virus here in NC -- and certainly in many other states. Suspects in jail awaiting trial for longer than usual, and it's not usually a short time under good conditions. Justice for both sides will come, let's hope.
So, as usual, we wait...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back