GUILTY UK - Julia James, 53, murdered, Snowdown, Kent, 27 April 2021 *ARREST* #2

I really am in two minds as to whether he camped out and was returning home or he was there for another reason.

I think he could have been blood stained after the attack and there was no evidence in the photo,though only the top part of his body was shown. He did not immediately look as though he had spent the night in the woods.
with the bag,he might have been leaving the area to stay else where rather than returning to the scene.

He only lived just up the lane in the next village of Aylesham, so I can't see why he would have camped out.

Not only was he just 25 mins walk home, which murderer would want to spend the night sleeping out in the area where the crime was committed earlier in the day...?

Last edited:
He only lived just up the lane in the next village of Aylesham, so I can't see why he would have camped out.

Not only was he only 30 mins walk home, which murderer would want to spend the night sleeping in the area where the crime was committed earlier in the day...?

Julia was discovered around 4pm, after which the whole area would have been scoured.

I think he most likely went home. What was he up to the day after though? Trying to do a bunk..? It's not towards the train station. I read he was arrested 8 miles from home so possibly Canterbury.

Not only was he just 25 mins walk home, which murderer would want to spend the night sleeping out in the area where the crime was committed earlier in the day...?
Those who would want to walk 25 minutes to commit a murder. Who knows what goes on in these peoples minds.

I agree. He has obviously covered his tracks enough for the police to be searching for something and doing a reconstruction to try and get witnesses to come forward.

I do not think he would be hiding in the woods after the attack.

Some people are just bad. Someone mentioned earlier that he hadn't had previous... I don't think that's been established.

I think we made that assumption from the fact LE had to release the accused's photo to identify him - would suggest he wasn't known to police in any capacity - if they have DNA evidence they also wouldn't have needed to publicise the photo if he had been known to police - they would have had him on a database (I'm not sure what the policy is with this if a previous offence is committed as a juvenile). Just an assumption, and obviously doesn't mean he hasn't committed a crime before and not been caught. JMO

I am not convinced that the police have good DNA evidence. It's entirely possible to commit this crime without leaving the perp's DNA on the victim especially in these times of social distancing. The coverage in the Times sometimes has some interesting additional bits of information. On Wednesday the Times said CW spoke hesitantly at Medway magistrates and would appear at Maidstone Crown Court today (Thursday). CW grew up in a quiet cul-de-sac in Rotherhithe with his parents and two older brothers. His mother was a social worker and they had a reputation as a quiet family. Neighbours said that the Wheeler boys did not often play outside, owing to their father's strict rules. The Times also mentions the police using cameras on poles to search gutters and other areas outside the suspect's home. To me that suggests they are looking for something like a hammer that could be thrown up onto a roof. Rotherhithe used to have a very rough reputation but like most of South London it now has pockets of expensive apartments right next to social housing. It does seem that the Wheeler family kept themselves to themselves which would explain why the police had to appeal for information on the suspect's photograph. All in all it makes this terrible crime even more difficult to understand.

I am not convinced that the police have good DNA evidence. It's entirely possible to commit this crime without leaving the perp's DNA on the victim especially in these times of social distancing. The coverage in the Times sometimes has some interesting additional bits of information. On Wednesday the Times said CW spoke hesitantly at Medway magistrates and would appear at Maidstone Crown Court today (Thursday). CW grew up in a quiet cul-de-sac in Rotherhithe with his parents and two older brothers. His mother was a social worker and they had a reputation as a quiet family. Neighbours said that the Wheeler boys did not often play outside, owing to their father's strict rules. The Times also mentions the police using cameras on poles to search gutters and other areas outside the suspect's home. To me that suggests they are looking for something like a hammer that could be thrown up onto a roof. Rotherhithe used to have a very rough reputation but like most of South London it now has pockets of expensive apartments right next to social housing. It does seem that the Wheeler family kept themselves to themselves which would explain why the police had to appeal for information on the suspect's photograph. All in all it makes this terrible crime even more difficult to understand.

Interesting additional bits there.

I grew up very close to there and many people have cashed in on rocketing house prices and moved to Kent, as l did and most of my family. To them, Aylesham must at have felt like a rural idyll. Kent born people aren't always welcoming of people moving into the area though, down from London or dfls is what some of them call us. Although l've lived here long enough to not experience it now. I would even say the new houses wouldn't have been welcome and the people in them along with it by some of the community. I am emphasising some and not all.

I can understand strictness on being allowed out as it has been known to be a racist area and there are certainly still gangs, drugs etc.

Well, that's ruined for his family now, l doubt they will feel able to go back there.

I've been away from the thread for a few days so I'm quite surprised that an arrest has been made. I'm confused, though. A suspect has been arrested or detained but I've read conflicting reports as to whether Callum Wheeler has been charged with murder; one newspaper says the police won't say what the charge is, the other says he's been charged with murder.

If he has been charged with murder, is it because he was found sitting at or near the murder site the next day? That seems like pretty flimsy evidence to me. There are lots of curiosity seekers who want to attend a murder scene, whether it's morbid curiosity or to pay their respects.

I can't say CW has any kind of mental health issue just because he stuck his tongue out at the press. It seems more a childish response rather than the act of a cold blooded killer. I hope he isn't getting railroaded because his behavior is outside the norm.

If he is the killer, I wonder what set him off. It sounds like Julia diverted from her walk to investigate something. Was this young man hanging out in the woods by himself and Julia caught him doing something and he responded by attacking her?

I've been away from the thread for a few days so I'm quite surprised that an arrest has been made. I'm confused, though. A suspect has been arrested or detained but I've read conflicting reports as to whether Callum Wheeler has been charged with murder; one newspaper says the police won't say what the charge is, the other says he's been charged with murder.

If he has been charged with murder, is it because he was found sitting at or near the murder site the next day? That seems like pretty flimsy evidence to me. There are lots of curiosity seekers who want to attend a murder scene, whether it's morbid curiosity or to pay their respects.

I can't say CW has any kind of mental health issue just because he stuck his tongue out at the press. It seems more a childish response rather than the act of a cold blooded killer. I hope he isn't getting railroaded because his behavior is outside the norm.

If he is the killer, I wonder what set him off. It sounds like Julia diverted from her walk to investigate something. Was this young man hanging out in the woods by himself and Julia caught him doing something and he responded by attacking her?

He has been charged with Murder.
Man appears in court charged with the murder of PCSO Julia James

That is an interesting thought.

Bit in bold - They'd have a lot more than that to charge him with murder. We have no idea of what evidence they have.

Bit in bold - They'd have a lot more than that to charge him with murder. We have no idea of what evidence they have.

Yeah the threshold to charge for anything is very high, and an indictable offence like murder even more so. Kent Police, the NCA, and the CPS would have all been certain that this was the perpetrator, IMHO, otherwise there wouldn't have been a charge.

So much about this case is puzzling. I find the media reaction to it (or lack thereof) equally puzzling. Now that a suspect has been charged and his identity made public, MSM would normally be digging frantically to come up with further background info on the alleged murderer, but there is next to nothing out there. Anyone else think it’s strange?

Not sure if this has been posted or not

Callum Wheeler, 21, was arrested at 9.30pm on Friday around eight miles from where the mum-of-two's body was found.

He today appeared at Maidstone Crown Court for a short hearing.

The suspect was remanded in custody ahead of a hearing on June 8 at the same court.

A provisional trial date was set for November 29.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14940361/callum-wheeler-court-murder-pcso-julia-james/

So much about this case is puzzling. I find the media reaction to it (or lack thereof) equally puzzling. Now that a suspect has been charged and his identity made public, MSM would normally be digging frantically to come up with further background info on the alleged murderer, but there is next to nothing out there. Anyone else think it’s strange?

They can't though as frustrating as it is! The law of sub judice means that if someone is to go to trial, from the moment they're charged nothing to do with the crime or the perpetrator can be published that might impact on a jury's decision.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back