CO - Amy Carlson 45, cult leader’s remains found in mobile home, Moffat, 28 Apr 2021

Still trying to figure out what happened to her to lead to her death, how she ended up dying without medical intervention and maybe most importantly...WHY? Why did no one call authorities? Why was she transported across state borders after her death? Why was her dead body set up as a shrine!? I'm disturbed by the followers who took part in this macabre ritual. MOO.

Mummified 'Love Has Won' leader found in Colorado compared to David Koresh by cult expert

Carlson repeatedly claimed she was dying of cancer, and she had a history of alcohol abuse, said Ross, who appeared as an expert on the Dr. Phil show last September, when Carlson was questioned about Love Has Won.

It’s not surprising that the mummified remains of 45-year-old Amy Carlson, known as “Mother God” to followers of the Colorado-based “Love Has Won,” appeared to have been placed in what authorities described as a type of shrine, said Rick Alan Ross, founder and executive director of the Cult Education Institute in Trenton, N.J.

Such a memorial is common, fits the pattern of a personality-driven cult and represents the particular importance of Carlson to the group, Ross said in an interview Wednesday.

mentally healthy people don't the things she is accused of doing and making the choices she made. I was trying to get this thread back to its focus. I'll duck out - you win.

My apologies as well @AzPistonsGirl . Absolutely mental illness is horrific. Especially for loved ones who care for you.

However I actually saw the Doctor Phil interview and Amy was pretty cocky. Seemingly drunk. Had her followers lock a child in the closet repeatedly. Was outright mean to others and animals. Of course that could all be mental illness. It fascinated me how she controlled people. I wonder about such things and how people can be so manipulative.

Honestly aside from the way it is being told in media, and there was no foul play personally I find it very cool the way her shell was memorialized. The soul is what counts. We read such painful cases here there's times our way of dealing is with humor. Never, ever to hurt anyone though.

"Love Wins"

I’ve had my eye on this cult for quite some time now and this was inevitable. Amy was going to die. If you were paying close attention, you could see her alcoholism and eating disorder were killing her. She was also a hypochondriac. She claimed to have stage FIVE bone cancer.
Both an eating disorder and alcoholism will kill you. Combined, that IS deadly. But the silver could have contributed.

It’s all so sad. I feel bad for her family. They’ve been grieving an ambiguous loss for years and now this.

Jmo

I went looking for updates and found just a touch of new info:

This is what is known: seven members were taken into custody and charged after the decaying body of Ms Carlson, 45, was discovered in the group’s Colorado headquarters in Casada Park, near Crestone.

Christopher Royer appeared most recently on May 27th.

Next to appear will be Jason Castillo, known as "Father God", on 9 June, followed by Ryan Kramer, Obdulia Franco Gonzales, Sarah Rudolph, and Karin Raymond on 16 June. John Robertson will appear on 26 June.

They are facing various counts of abuse of a corpse, tampering with deceased human remains, false imprisonment and child abuse.

Saguache County Coroner Tom Petty told The Independent the autopsy had not yet been completed to determine Ms Carlson’s cause of death.

While Saguache County Sheriff Captain Ken Wilson was previously quoted as saying Ms Carlson’s body had been dead for several weeks to a month, Sheriff Deputy Randall told The Independent there had since been a "gag order" placed on the case meaning they could no longer discuss it. (bbm)

Much more at link.

‘They become re-wired, a different person’: Inside the fight to deprogram Love Has Won cult members

I watched this on Dateline last night. One of the most bizarre episodes IMO. I just don't get the cult thing and how people believe that stuff.
Do any of you ever wonder how they pick the cases to cover?

I went looking for updates and found just a touch of new info:

This is what is known: seven members were taken into custody and charged after the decaying body of Ms Carlson, 45, was discovered in the group’s Colorado headquarters in Casada Park, near Crestone.

Christopher Royer appeared most recently on May 27th.

Next to appear will be Jason Castillo, known as "Father God", on 9 June, followed by Ryan Kramer, Obdulia Franco Gonzales, Sarah Rudolph, and Karin Raymond on 16 June. John Robertson will appear on 26 June.

They are facing various counts of abuse of a corpse, tampering with deceased human remains, false imprisonment and child abuse.

Saguache County Coroner Tom Petty told The Independent the autopsy had not yet been completed to determine Ms Carlson’s cause of death.

While Saguache County Sheriff Captain Ken Wilson was previously quoted as saying Ms Carlson’s body had been dead for several weeks to a month, Sheriff Deputy Randall told The Independent there had since been a "gag order" placed on the case meaning they could no longer discuss it. (bbm)

Much more at link.

‘They become re-wired, a different person’: Inside the fight to deprogram Love Has Won cult members

One hope I have is that, by taking each of them out of that environment, they will start to deprogram. I am guessing it will be very tough to let go of those beliefs because it also means realizing (acknowledging) how many years of their lives they gave up. I wish them well in this journey.

I just watched the Dateline episode tonight. I needed to pause it 4x to recover.

The only good outcome I suppose was the woman who rescued her husband.

Amy was a predator, surrounded by enablers. It was an inglorious reign & demise, start to finish. I hope those who are able will get out.

Jmo

Last edited:
Sad for those who knew and loved this woman. Those who live on are the ones who suffer. Amy was someone's daughter, someone's baby at some point. She loved people and people loved her. People with mental illness deserve respect too. This thread is about Amy.
Yeah, she was mentally ill but she also participated in abusing several people, stole, manipulated, etc, etc. She was NOT a good person.

Yeah, she was mentally ill but she also participated in abusing several people, stole, manipulated, etc, etc. She was NOT a good person.

Yeah, thanks again, never said she was "a good person". I said... Sad for those who knew and loved this woman. Those who live on are the ones who suffer. Amy was someone's daughter, someone's baby at some point. She loved people and people loved her. People with mental illness deserve respect too.

I stand by what I said.

Yeah, thanks again, never said she was "a good person". I said... Sad for those who knew and loved this woman. Those who live on are the ones who suffer. Amy was someone's daughter, someone's baby at some point. She loved people and people loved her. People with mental illness deserve respect too.

I stand by what I said.
Her son said something along the lines of "well, we kind of saw this coming but it's still sad". I do feel bad for the people who loved her, but I don't feel bad for her. It's a sad way to go but she did it to herself. And I don't think it was all mental illness, a big part of the way she died was the way she lived and she was a horrible person that victimized other people.

Love Has Won cult leader autopsy report | 9news.com

Alcohol abuse, chronic colloidal silver ingestion contributed to death of 'Love has Won' cult leader

SAGUACHE COUNTY, Colorado — A cult leader whose decomposing body was found at a home near Crestone in Saguache County in April died as a result of alcohol abuse and chronic colloidal silver ingestion, according to an autopsy report from the El Paso County Coroner's office.

Anorexia was also a contributing factor, according to the report, which noted Carlson weighed just 75 pounds. Her manner of death is listed in the report as "natural".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back