MI MI - Brian Grocki, 14, Trenton, 1990

So happy to see that this thread is now open for comments...when I 1st searched WS for Brian's thread a few yrs ago it was closed...I did send an email to the admins inquiring but never saw a response...maybe this is a new thread idk...but I live (and grew up) in Riverview which is the neighboring city to Trenton...he is a year older than me...I believe the case is listed with Huron because that's where Brian lived at the time...and he was last seen with friends in Trenton...I too had never heard about Brian's disappearance until a couple yrs ago...it's literally shocking to say the least that this boy disappeared and NOONE around here had EVER heard ANYTHING about it...obviously the majority of people believe the boys he was with had something to do with it...but at least one of them has spoken out vehemently denying the accusations...and he has his own theories as to what may have happened to Brian...I did not know Brian or the boys he was with...but I do know quite a few who knew both and some agree his friends theories...I have attached a link to the "Where Is Brian Grocki" FB page...his friends comments/theories are still there...I'd love to see this get the attention it deserves Where is Brian Grocki

Age progression

Michigan - BRIAN GROCKI - Missing Kids

BRIAN%20GROCKI

Thank you for sharing that. I lived near her and seen some of Marys accomplishments and awards. I didnt know she passed. So sad. Sad day for all the missing community's family.

Does anyone know the friend he was “running away” with? What became of him and was he active in the search for Brian? Was there a search?

Does anyone know the friend he was “running away” with? What became of him and was he active in the search for Brian? Was there a search?

I don't know if there was a search at the time. I do know that Mary Cross (mentioned up thread) spoke with this friend a few times trying to find Brian.

I miss Mary every day. She was a wonderful friend and mentor

@SAMS I dont think a search has ever been done...it seems it was dismissed at the time as a runaway...there is little to no information about Brian's disappearance...and it also seems his mother, in her words "left Brian in God's hands a long time ago"...which I find a little odd myself...

@SAMS I dont think a search has ever been done...it seems it was dismissed at the time as a runaway...there is little to no information about Brian's disappearance...and it also seems his mother, in her words "left Brian in God's hands a long time ago"...which I find a little odd myself...
Wow. Me too, so sad. Wondering how his family dynamics were? MOO

So happy to see that this thread is now open for comments...when I 1st searched WS for Brian's thread a few yrs ago it was closed...I did send an email to the admins inquiring but never saw a response...maybe this is a new thread idk...but I live (and grew up) in Riverview which is the neighboring city to Trenton...he is a year older than me...I believe the case is listed with Huron because that's where Brian lived at the time...and he was last seen with friends in Trenton...I too had never heard about Brian's disappearance until a couple yrs ago...it's literally shocking to say the least that this boy disappeared and NOONE around here had EVER heard ANYTHING about it...obviously the majority of people believe the boys he was with had something to do with it...but at least one of them has spoken out vehemently denying the accusations...and he has his own theories as to what may have happened to Brian...I did not know Brian or the boys he was with...but I do know quite a few who knew both and some agree his friends theories...I have attached a link to the "Where Is Brian Grocki" FB page...his friends comments/theories are still there...I'd love to see this get the attention it deserves Where is Brian Grocki
Huron is such a small station even today. Im still in the area and wonder who would handle the cold case now..? Might call after this pandemic slows.

I know the family very well and his mother is still hoping to get some type of closure one day. Someone has to know something about what happened and she only hopes that one day someone will come forward.

The question that stays with me is why was 15yr old sleeping over another kid's house on a school night? My parents would not have permitted such a thing, nor would my friends' parents permitted it. (I'm a Metro Detroiter, born in 1978... Columbus Day was definitely a school day.)

Bumping case up.
Perhaps he had snuck over to the friend's house for awhile during the night, or perhaps he was supposed to spend the night and then stop by home for his school things in the morning.

If someone out there knows what happened, it's never too late to come forward and tell law enforcement what you know, in-person or anonymously...

I think the friend that changed his story is the one who holds the key.

The change in story itself is weird. How do you go from "Yeah, he left between midnight and 1 a.m." to "Oh no, we were planning to run away together"?

On the one hand, the change suggests the friend is hiding something. But on the other hand, by saying "together," the friend is inserting himself into the situation. It would've been easier to just say that Brian alone was planning on running away. Especially when morning came and the friend was still there, clearly not having run away.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back