Found Deceased TX - Samuel Olson, 5, Houston, 27 May 2021 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still trying to look into TB. No luck finding any further criminal records beyond what we know. However, I did find that it looks like her june 2018 arrest/warrant? was related to child support. @MoeInVA, hope this answers your earlier inquiry.

Additionally, another document stating she was not to be around DO.

Here are screenshots from Harris county records.

searched on Office of Harris County District Clerk - Marilyn Burgess | Search Our Records

edit to add looks like she was in court for the November arrest on 5/19/21. Very recently ..

Bringing this forward again-

We know from Harris County court records that TB was in court on May 19 for the assault case in which she assaulted and choked DO.

We also know Sam was not at school on that day per Holbrook Elem officials.

Question- who was watching Sam while TB went to court? Was he still alive?

Whoa. I wasn't expecting that long of a distance.

If I had to guess (and I am now guessing), I think the body was in the storage unit in a plastic bag since at least the day he was reported missing if not earlier. At first I thought she went to Walmart to buy the bin, but now I wonder if she went there to buy clothes/supplies since she was leaving in a rush without packing and the body has been in the bin the entire time. She likely had some story to tell her friend about why she had to leave suddenly. Interesting she picks a friend who has a pick-up so the bin could be in the back rather than have the odor in the car. (Yes, I know pickups are common in TX, but not everyone has one.)

Do we have times for all the locations - what time at Walmart, storage unit, motel?

I think when LE said it was obvious the body had been there awhile, I think they simply meant it wasn't a newly-deceased body....not that the body had been sitting in the motel for days or weeks.

Speculation only. jmo

My thoughts are flowing with yours.... taking that as a jumping point.. what car did she drive to meet this person. And what is the EXACT timing of when her car was towed (well, LE said not her car iykwim) in this timeline as that car couldn't have been the one she used.. unless she and the other person followed each other throughout this whole ordeal, unloaded the bin.... and then she returned very late that night to her home to have the car there and towed that night.?

The map above shows the four locations associated with the search for missing Samuel Olson

43789749-9648293-image-a-10_1622727411744.jpg

As of Thursday morning, the remains have not been positively identified as Samuel, but investigators believe it is the missing boy who would have turned six last Saturday.

According to court filings cited by KHOU11, a man allegedly met Balboa in the parking lot of the Walmart in Cleveland, Texas, and picked her up in a pickup truck, along with the black plastic bin with a yellow lid.

The pair drove to the Best Western in Jasper, where they were then seen on surveillance video entering the motel. Footage caught the man unloading the plastic bin from his truck and carrying it into room 106 before leaving.

Body 'of missing boy Samuel Olson' was found wrapped in duct tape inside black plastic bin' | Daily Mail Online

Also, TB‘s mom’s house is in southwest Houston.
I wonder how TB got to the Cleveland Walmart and if her car is still in the Walmart parking lot. Cleveland is an hour from Houston.
Would it be possible for the pick up truck driver to be an Uber or Lyft driver? Could she order a ride from the Cleveland Walmart to the best western then simply request the driver to carry the tote up for her? That could explain why he immediately called in the tip.

Timeline: What happened to Samuel Olson?

June 3, 2021

[..]

Samuel's disappearance and apparent death are under investigation.

April 30

Police say Samuel was last in school at Holbrook Elementary in Cy-Fair ISD.

While police have said April 30 was the last time anyone outside Samuel's family saw him, his grandmother TO said she saw him after that on May 2 while he and his cousins visited her house.

[..]

"May 2 is the last time I physically had my hands on Sam," she said.

May 27

Theresa Balboa, the girlfriend of Samuel's father Dalton Olson, reported Samuel missing.

According to police, she said she last saw Samuel around 7 a.m. on this day.

[..]

May 29

Houston police issue a missing juvenile flyer for Samuel.

May 31

[..]

May 31 is also the same day that a search warrant was executed at a residence in the 15000 block of the Gulf Freeway, where Balboa lives, police said.

Along with collecting evidence, a 2012 Dodge Avenger was towed from the location to be searched and analyzed.

Morris said that's the vehicle Balboa primarily drove.

Authorities added that even though Samuel's disappearance was reported on May 27, he may have gone missing weeks ago.

June 1

A body believed to be Samuel's is found inside a Best Western motel room in Jasper, Texas.

June 2

Balboa is charged with tampering with evidence.

[..]

Officials with HPD also confirmed that prior to Tuesday's discovery, Balboa was out on bond for assault with intent - impeding breath for a November 2020 case, where the complainant was Samuel's father.

A motive is unclear at this time. But police said if the body is Samuel's, they are unable to say how long he has been dead.

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with this area of the country at all. Has anyone done a mapping of where the flyers were being handed out, to where Webster is, and then to where Jasper is?

I cannot find a media thread for this case, can someone bump it please as that might make easier.

130 miles away? is what I've read.

TIA
I don't think we have a media thread yet. Unfortunately even the media releases (print and T.V. news) have been contradicting themselves and each other.

Timeline: What happened to Samuel Olson?

June 3, 2021

[..]

Samuel's disappearance and apparent death are under investigation.

April 30

Police say Samuel was last in school at Holbrook Elementary in Cy-Fair ISD.

While police have said April 30 was the last time anyone outside Samuel's family saw him, his grandmother Tonya Olson said she saw him after that on May 2 while he and his cousins visited her house.

[..]

"May 2 is the last time I physically had my hands on Sam," she said.

May 27

Theresa Balboa, the girlfriend of Samuel's father Dalton Olson, reported Samuel missing.

According to police, she said she last saw Samuel around 7 a.m. on this day.

[..]

May 29

Houston police issue a missing juvenile flyer for Samuel.

May 31

[..]

May 31 is also the same day that a search warrant was executed at a residence in the 15000 block of the Gulf Freeway, where Balboa lives, police said.

Along with collecting evidence, a 2012 Dodge Avenger was towed from the location to be searched and analyzed.

Morris said that's the vehicle Balboa primarily drove.

Authorities added that even though Samuel's disappearance was reported on May 27, he may have gone missing weeks ago.

June 1

A body believed to be Samuel's is found inside a Best Western motel room in Jasper, Texas.

June 2

Balboa is charged with tampering with evidence.

[..]

Officials with HPD also confirmed that prior to Tuesday's discovery, Balboa was out on bond for assault with intent - impeding breath for a November 2020 case, where the complainant was Samuel's father.

A motive is unclear at this time. But police said if the body is Samuel's, they are unable to say how long he has been dead.

I still can’t figure out why he was enrolled in school in the Cyfair School district. For those of you not familiar with Houston, that is very very far from where any of the players were living.

Dang... Foxfire would be so pleased to know that such a distance/cross jurisdictional has done so well in this case. (RIP WS'er Foxfire - you were ahead of your times and LE is catching up!). 30 miles from where she was found to the State line to Louisiana it appears to me!!! Whoa!!!
Foxfire was amazing!

My thoughts are flowing with yours.... taking that as a jumping point.. what car did she drive to meet this person. And what is the EXACT timing of when her car was towed (well, LE said not her car iykwim) in this timeline as that car couldn't have been the one she used.. unless she and the other person followed each other throughout this whole ordeal, unloaded the bin.... and then she returned very late that night to her home to have the car there and towed that night.?
Yes, how did she get to Walmart? Did she leave her ex-boyfriend's apt the day before and stay with someone near that Walmart and then walked there, before calling the pick-up friend?

jmo

April 30 - Child last in school.

May 2 -- Paternal grandmother photographed him at a birthday party.

May 27 --reported missing by TB-- states his birth mother collected him at 7AM.

June 1 - body believed to be SO recovered.

Dad and TB living together? When did he last see his son?

Grandmother of missing 6-year-old boy issues tearful plea for help

<modsnip>

Is there a bus system where she lived?
Not really to Cleveland TX. There is a metro bus route and some park and rides but nothing that far out that I’m aware of. You can get to Kingwood on 59/I-69 but I don’t think it goes much beyond that. I checked New Caney and Porter which would be along that stretch and don’t see anything to there either.

Not really to Cleveland TX. There is a metro bus route and some park and rides but nothing that far out that I’m aware of. You can get to Kingwood on 59/I-69 but I don’t think it goes much beyond that. I checked New Caney and Porter which would be along that stretch and don’t see anything to there either.
I suppose it would stand to reason then (just speculation) that someone gave her a ride.

I don't think we have a media thread yet. Unfortunately even the media releases (print and T.V. news) have been contradicting themselves and each other.

Understood that they disagree, but many times looking back have keys. This may be a case for a media thread for that reason... so many stories MOO.

Understood that they disagree, but many times looking back have keys. This may be a case for a media thread for that reason... so many stories MOO.

I started a media thread/no comments as this appears to be a case for many twists and turns longer term, and incorrect / challenged information from those close to the case.

I created a new thread at tx-samuel-olson-5-houston-27-may-2021 for media ONLY. I didn't do the title correct and have reached out to mods. I'll alert if in the wrong place so mods can move, but there is going to be so much media to later capture, and already on threads it's confusing.

Bringing this forward again-

We know from Harris County court records that TB was in court on May 19 for the assault case in which she assaulted and choked DO.

We also know Sam was not at school on that day per Holbrook Elem officials.

Question- who was watching Sam while TB went to court? Was he still alive?
This is the question I want answered too!!

I think we’re going to find out Samuel was killed in early May and has been in the storage unit since then. I just don’t think TB kept him around for weeks without going to school while she did whatever she does every day. We haven’t heard if she works or how she spends her time. It’s just way too coincidental that the real police show up the same day as the fake cop story. I think she told DO he was with someone all of May (possibly the male she lived with or her mom or a rotating cast of characters like Zanny the Nanny) and because DO was so “busy” he just accepted it without question. She would’ve kept that story up a lot longer if the real cop didn’t show up and/or his birthday when TO would’ve expected to see him. Some people are definitely guilty of negligence or at least indifference regarding Sam, imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard