Found Deceased TX - Samuel Olson, 5, Houston, 27 May 2021 *ARREST* Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand how she would know, or expect, that DO wouldn't ask to speak to him, during this period of time. I am surprised she waited so long to come up with a cover story.
BBM. It seems to me that she was quite confident that DO would not ask to speak to him or that she could put him off if he did. I am not sure what that means.

I was thinking maybe a drill to drill holes for the zip ties?
Not to be a naysayer but, I hesitated to offer my opinion of it being the sound of duct tape being unrolled simply because the neighbors stated that the noise continued for up to 15 minutes. That seems like a long time to drill a few holes in a plastic tub. ...it also seems like a long time to unroll duct tape though so... who knows.

Last edited:
Monday, June 7th:
*Arraignment Hearing (both cases) (@ 9am CT) - TX - Samuel Olson (5) (was taken by an unknown male from a southwest Houston home in the 8800 block of McAvoy Dr. at about 7:30am on May 27th 2021 it was reported, but he had been missing for 2 weeks before this, Houston) - *Theresa Raye Balboa (29) arrested & charged (6/2/21) with tampering with evidence (human corpse). Bond $500K.
She was jailed on 6/2/21 & was extradited from Jasper County Jail to Harris County Thursday, 6/3/21.
*Charged (11/29/20) with assault (on family). Bond $5K. Bonded out on 11/30/20.
Balboa was out on bond from an assault case in November, police disclosed Wednesday. She was charged with assault with intent impeding breath, and Samuel’s father was the complainant in the case.
Dalton Olson, called police on Thursday, May 27, to report his son missing, just days before the child's 6th birthday. Dalton said Balboa had been babysitting for Samuel since April 30. That has also been confirmed as the last day that Samuel was in school. Balboa claimed that at about 7:30am on May 27, Samuel's mother, Sarah Olson, arrived at the home with another man & took the little boy without permission. Sarah, however, provided authorities surveillance video from her home to show she couldn't have taken the child. Balboa’s roommate (Benjamin Rivera) told investigators that he was called by Balboa on May 10 & was told that Samuel was dead. The roommate said he left for work & later returned to the residence & found Samuel laying on the bed unresponsive. He said he noticed bruising on the child’s body. The roommate said that he & Balboa placed the body of the child in the bathtub where he remained for two days. On May 13, the roommate said he bought duct tape & a plastic tote from Wal-Mart & that he & Balboa wrapped Samuel’s body in a plastic sheet, placed it into a tote bag, and put the body in his vehicle. He said he & Balboa drove to a storage unit located at 16650 Highway 3 in Webster, Texas. The case didn’t see any real movement until Tuesday (6/1/21) evening, when Jasper Police Dept. received a CrimeStoppers tip. The tip, according to the criminal complaint, stated that Balboa "was in room #106 at the Best Western Motel" and "was possibly in possession of a missing child described as a six-year-old white male who recently went missing from Houston, Texas."

6/2/21 Update: Probable cause hearing on 6/4/21. Balboa wasn't present at the hearing, with the judge citing her holding time in the jail's mental health unit. If she is released, she must wear an ankle monitor & be under house arrest. She also cannot have contact with children. Judge set her bail at $500K. Her public defender assigned to Balboa's case asked for a lower bond at $20K, saying she has strong ties to Houston & has lived at the same address for more than three years. But the judge determined she is a flight risk because she was already on bond for another crime & also allegedly left Houston for Jasper with the child's body. Arraignment hearing on 6/7/21. Also assault case arraignment on 6/7/21.

Harris County District Courts

Last edited by a moderator:
TB was just brought into the court room and is standing!

The Arraignment has started.
She appeared before the judge, standing, wearing orange jail garb.

She wasn't there at first, but judge requested her, saying she might be interested in knowing what is happening with her case. There was a pause while she was fetched, it seems.

Last edited:
HOUSTON - Theresa Balboa, the woman charged in connection with the Samuel Olson case, appeared in court on Monday, and an additional $100,000 was added to her bond for a previous charge.

The additional bond amount was for an impeding breathing charge for the alleged assault of Dalton Olson, Samuel's father, last year.

new-theresa-balboa-mugshot.jpg

safe_image.php

Theresa Balboa's bond at $600K total after $100K added for previous charge

Authorities believe the woman was on her way to Louisiana before she was arrested in a Jasper motel, where 5-year-old Samuel's body was found.
ABC13 Houston

No sound!

Last edited:
"Theresa Balboa, the woman at the center of the investigation into Samuel Olson's disappearance, faced a judge for the first time Monday morning.

Her bond was increased to $600,000, $500,000 on the tampering with evidence charge and another $100,000 for the impeding breathing case against Samuel's dad, which she was previously out on bail for, according to KHOU 11 reporter Brittany Ford."

Bond raised for Theresa Balboa, woman charged in connection with death of child believed to be Samuel Olson | khou.com

I watched the KTRK (ABC) News 11 a.m. CDT.

The reporter stated that the preliminary autopsy report would be released to law enforcement (which is the Houston Police Department - Houston, TX) today and NOT to the public. The report will be for investigative purposes. Additional warrants might be issued.

It might be up to 90 days before the complete Autopsy Report will be available to law enforcement officers.

The following article was posted to KTRK's website around 10:30 a.m. this morning. It does not reflect the updated info above provided by the reporter for the 11 a.m. News.

Snipped:

A preliminary autopsy for Samuel is expected to be completed Monday afternoon, but it will not be released to the public.

Source: KTRK (ABC) - Houston, TX

Bond increased to $600K for Theresa Balboa, woman charged in Samuel Olson's death

Last edited:

Source:
FOX26 News - Houston, TX -- 6/7/21

Snipped:

HOUSTON - Theresa Balboa, the woman charged in connection with the Samuel Olson case, appeared in court on Monday, and an additional $100,000 was added to her bond for a previous charge.

The additional bond amount was for an impeding breathing charge for the alleged assault of Dalton Olson, Samuel's father, last year.

Read more/view video:

Theresa Balboa's bond at $600K total after $100K added for previous charge

I watched the KTRK (ABC) News 11 a.m. CDT.

The reporter stated that the preliminary autopsy report would be released to law enforcement (which is the Houston Police Department - Houston, TX) today and NOT to the public. The report will be for investigative purposes. Additional warrants might be issued.

It might be up to 90 days before the complete Autopsy Report will be available to law enforcement officers.

The following article was posted to KTRK's website around 10:30 a.m. this morning. It does not reflect the updated info above provided by the reporter for the 11 a.m. News.

Snipped:

A preliminary autopsy for Samuel is expected to be completed Monday afternoon, but it will not be released to the public.

Source: KTRK (ABC) - Houston, TX

Bond increased to $600K for Theresa Balboa, woman charged in Samuel Olson's death
"Additional Warrants might be issued". I'll be sitting on my hands and waiting. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500