TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was no "general agreement" on anything, GS. No one voted. People aired various ideas and opinions on everything, and still do. Telling Gardener that there was a consensus that her idea on a possible electrical malfunction is wrong is "hyperbole" and way too dismissive.

At times, there have been popular opinions, to be sure, and if something was offered that didn't fit the popular idea at the time, the crowd would be dismissive. With so many thinking the car at SWFA was part of the murder, this idea to the contrary was certainly treated like that.

But some of those popular opinions have already turned out to be wrong, such as the idea that her family may have had something to do with the crime, that MB was bludgeoned to death, that there were cameras recording in all 4 corners of the church covering all the halls, and more. But as it turned out, the fact those were the popular ideas at one time didn't make them right - and unpopular (at one time) ideas were better.

Also, the statement that makers have "started designing cars in a way that they wouldn’t malfunction just because a thing called rain happens" overstates the reality -- this is more "hyperbole," as you call it. Cars still can and do malfunction if the wrong thing gets wet, and while it's less common in 2021 (or 2016) than it was 20 or 40 or 60 years ago, it's still possible. It's absolutely possible it could have happened here. The "most likely" idea isn't necessarily the right answer, as you often note.

I keep coming back to hyper-vigilant Missy entering that parking lot through the only entrance in or out and not seeing anything to cause alarm.
I recall an interview with SB where he went on at length about Missy's safety concerns about early a.m. arrival at the church. Her concern was such that they both discussed the matter at length and concluded she should keep a gun in the truck's glove box. A soccer mom deciding she needs a gun to assure work safety is pretty serious business. She was definitely afraid of the remote location and would have been aware of the on again off again problem with the front entrance security camera.

We know SP was already in the building when she arrived. SP wasn't dropped onto the roof by helicopter. SP used some form of transportation to get there - but she sees nothing in that parking lot to cause her any alarm. She doesn't call 911. She doesn't take the gun from the glove box. She doesn't choose to leave. This hyper-vigilant, gun toting woman doesn't make a move to indicate she's suspicious or afraid of anything at the location. So, where is SP's vehicle? Apparently NOT in the parking lot. Its NOT on the roof. SP didn't crash it into the building and enter through a gaping hole. There are only two forms of transportation left: bicycle or motorcycle.

If you look to the left of SWFA and just south across the hwy from Creekside Church, there's a parcel of land that's covered almost entirely with sand. If you look closely, some of that sand is mounded up and some of it is smooth. It looks remarkably like a race track with rows of sand hills. A perfect place for teenagers to take a motocross cycle to race.

The surrounding landscape is fairly rural, so there's lots of open land. From what I can see, there are what seems to be only a couple of upscale residential developments nearby, most of which have built-in pools. Not exactly a ghetto area. Mid to upper mid income. Smack dab and equidistant from each residential neighborhood is Waxahachie High School. There are enough teenagers in the area of those few residential areas to warrant a fairly large high school.

So, we have lots of teenagers in the area whose parents have a good income (and could afford to give them a motocross cycle) and a sand track located just south, over the hwy. from the Creek Church. Now, how many of the boys attending that high school have access to motocross cycles that they race in that sand track? How many of them know that area like the back of their hands? How many of them are familiar with that creek? How many of them have a juvenile record?

My guess is our SP is a delinquent, unsophisticated, burglar/vandal teenager with a healed or unhealed leg injury from dumping his cycle over too many times in that sand track. JMHO. :)

I have attached three views of the sand track and it's proximity to many of the most discussed areas of the case.

Attachments

• sandtrack.jpg
    sandtrack.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 49
  • larger view track.jpg
    larger view track.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 50
  • highschool.jpg
    highschool.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
I keep coming back to hyper-vigilant Missy entering that parking lot through the only entrance in or out and not seeing anything to cause alarm.
I recall an interview with SB where he went on at length about Missy's safety concerns about early a.m. arrival at the church. Her concern was such that they both discussed the matter at length and concluded she should keep a gun in the truck's glove box. A soccer mom deciding she needs a gun to assure work safety is pretty serious business. She was definitely afraid of the remote location and would have been aware of the on again off again problem with the front entrance security camera.

We know SP was already in the building when she arrived. SP wasn't dropped onto the roof by helicopter. SP used some form of transportation to get there - but she sees nothing in that parking lot to cause her any alarm. She doesn't call 911. She doesn't take the gun from the glove box. She doesn't choose to leave. This hyper-vigilant, gun toting woman doesn't make a move to indicate she's suspicious or afraid of anything at the location. So, where is SP's vehicle? Apparently NOT in the parking lot. Its NOT on the roof. SP didn't crash it into the building and enter through a gaping hole. There are only two forms of transportation left: bicycle or motorcycle.

If you look to the left of SWFA and just south across the hwy from Creekside Church, there's a parcel of land that's covered almost entirely with sand. If you look closely, some of that sand is mounded up and some of it is smooth. It looks remarkably like a race track with rows of sand hills. A perfect place for teenagers to take a motocross cycle to race.

The surrounding landscape is fairly rural, so there's lots of open land. From what I can see, there are what seems to be only a couple of upscale residential developments nearby, most of which have built-in pools. Not exactly a ghetto area. Mid to upper mid income. Smack dab and equidistant from each residential neighborhood is Waxahachie High School. There are enough teenagers in the area of those few residential areas to warrant a fairly large high school.

So, we have lots of teenagers in the area whose parents have a good income (and could afford to give them a motocross cycle) and a sand track located just south, over the hwy. from the Creek Church. Now, how many of the boys attending that high school have access to motocross cycles that they race in that sand track? How many of them know that area like the back of their hands? How many of them are familiar with that creek? How many of them have a juvenile record?

My guess is our SP is a delinquent, unsophisticated, burglar/vandal teenager with a healed or unhealed leg injury from dumping his cycle over too many times in that sand track.

I have attached three views of the sand track and it's proximity to many of the most discussed areas of the case.
As you seek to learn more about the case, I would encourage you to spend some more time learning the geography of the church property. It slopes down toward N Prong Creek. A person driving into the church normally turns right at the sign:

7FCD9666-8DB4-4699-A806-A43782E7D022.png

Notice the chasm of darkness on the left side. You can’t see anything as it slopes away, and there is plenty of space down there to park a car that would not be visible.

The combination of (1) the sign being there and (2) the downslope and (3) the lack of light posts on that north side means there is no way Missy would have seen anything unless she actually continued driving down that side rather than turning right. If the killer had parked at the NE, Missy would not have seen the car.

On my YouTube channel I have several videos driving around the perimeter of the church at night.

Regarding the sand track - have you checked to confirm that it existed five years ago?

ETA: You talked about Brandon and Missy being very concerned for her safety, her being hyper-vigilant, etc. The only comments that we have on record are from BB, where he states that HE was concerned about her safety. I’m not aware of anything on the record stating that MB was “hyper-vigilant” or concerned about her safety. It’s possible that she was. But you stated it as fact when we have no evidence of that. And I’ve heard some people remark that MB was somewhat naive and trusting.

Last edited:
None of what I've offered as an opinion is offered in anything less than good faith. Its an independent view expressed for the sole purpose of consideration, nothing more. I simply have a different take from some others.
I apologize if I occasionally typo or don't know what has been accepted by "consensus".
I'm trying to help, in my own way, just like everyone else here.
Again, I apologize if my take has offended anyone. :)

None of what I've offered as an opinion is offered in anything less than good faith. Its an independent view expressed for the sole purpose of consideration, nothing more. I simply have a different take from some others.
I apologize if I occasionally typo or don't know what has been accepted by "consensus".
I'm trying to help, in my own way, just like everyone else here.
Again, I apologize if my take has offended anyone. :)
Nope, you haven’t offended anyone that I know of. I passed along information about a previous discussion precisely because there are 47 threads and you’re just beginning to delve, so I know there is plenty you haven’t been able to go through yet. That’s why I’m pointing out some resources that may help. If I were in your shoes, I’d sure be looking for shortcuts to get up to speed.

But you stated it as fact when we have no evidence of that. And I’ve heard some people remark that MB was somewhat naive and trusting.
I assumed by his statement that they had a mutual concern and discussion about her safety that resulted in her carrying a gun. She didn't refuse it. She had it in her possession.

As far as "people" opining about her being "naive and trusting", isn't that hearsay?

I have never converted shoe length to shoe size. Would be good to have some more input on that from more Websleuthers here. Thanks guys!

-Nin
There are several conversion charts online, and none of them agree LOL. Rule of thumb - if a US woman wants to buy US men's shoes, she should buy two numbers lower, eg a women's 9 is a men's 7.

Since no chart agrees on inches, try Walmart which has big bins of $1 summer flip flops right now. The women's sizing is 5/6, 7/8, 9/10, 11/12, so everyone can wear ill-fitting shoes around wet, slippery decks. Guess what? Each set is one inch difference, they even sell rulers in the school supplies to borrow for this measurement:

marked/size - US womens sizes

5/6 = 9 inches ~US womens 6
7/8 = 10 inches ~US womens 8
9/10 = 11 inches ~US womens 10
11/12 = 12 inches~USwomens 12

Walmart, where cases are solved.

There are several conversion charts online, and none of them agree LOL. Rule of thumb - if a US woman wants to buy US men's shoes, she should buy two numbers lower, eg a women's 9 is a men's 7.

Since no chart agrees on inches, try Walmart which has big bins of $1 summer flip flops right now. The women's sizing is 5/6, 7/8, 9/10, 11/12, so everyone can wear ill-fitting shoes around wet, slippery decks. Guess what? Each set is one inch difference, they even sell rulers in the school supplies to borrow for this measurement:

Good stuff. Here is what I wonder. Is SP wearing steel-toed tactical boots? If so, then there will be more of a discrepancy between the boot length and the actual foot length, because the steel toe area is thicker and takes up more room. Different types of shoes have different “footprints” (har har) so a flip flop will have almost no discrepancy between foot and shoe lengths, a sneaker will have a little more, boots will have a little more, and steel-toed boots will have a little more.

So is it going to be problematic to try to figure the size of SP’s feet when we really can’t know how much bigger the boot is than the foot? Some police tactical boots are steel-toed, but not all. And some are composite which is thinner than steel.

Do we know if the car number plate was blurred by the cops or is that original footage? I tried to do some enhancements and in almost all the frames it's like a white block. Also, do we know if cops found the car?

Do we know if the car number plate was blurred by the cops or is that original footage? I tried to do some enhancements and in almost all the frames it's like a white block. Also, do we know if cops found the car?
It absolutely was not blurred by LE. What you are seeing is an unedited view of the plate. It is compromised by the rain and glare. SWFA have, as they put it, “ridiculously good” monitors. And they had the benefit of being able to see the footage in its highest-quality resolution prior to the compressed footage that we all have seen on YouTube. Even so, they said they were unable to distinguish even one letter.

Apparently LE has not found the car, because as recently as the 5-year anniversary mark 2 months ago they said they were still looking for the driver.

Hahahaha! I like that!! :D

-Nin

I think its important not to assign a high level of sophisticated thinking to this individual. SP was a failure. From the outset, they:

1. Failed to respect the property rights of people they did not know.
2. Failed at a burglary.
3. Failed at exercising self-control.
4. Failed at resisting the urge to bring a weapon with them.
5. Failed at finding a better way to channel their energy.
6. Failed at respecting the life force in another human being.

The only thing SP succeeded in was:
1. Breaking in.
2. Killing a human being.
3. Running away.

This isn't the profile of a criminal genius.
JMHO

bbm

Well, the bolded is what I believe the intruder was there to do. But I agree, no criminal genius, just extremely lucky.

Because, I think the murderer is someone close to Missy, who is not on anyone’s radar, maybe she’s even someone least likely to be suspected of committing such a crime.

A one off kind of crime.

Lucky in that no one is giving her the side eye. I think if anyone did, pieces might fit together. I wish I could think that LE is sifting through all the folks in Missy’s life. But that doesn’t seem to be the case. Or if it is, I haven’t read about it.

( Supposition, maybe rumor? GS, is there any truth to the early report that Missy's chest was maimed? If that happened, it seems a very angry female thing to do, obliterate Missy’s supposed augmentation.)

IMO

bbm

Well, the bolded is what I believe the intruder was there to do. But I agree, no criminal genius, just extremely lucky.

Because, I think the murderer is someone close to Missy, who is not on anyone’s radar, maybe she’s even someone least likely to be suspected of committing such a crime.

A one off kind of crime.

Lucky in that no one is giving her the side eye. I think if anyone did, pieces might fit together. I wish I could think that LE is sifting through all the folks in Missy’s life. But that doesn’t seem to be the case. Or if it is, I haven’t read about it.

( Supposition, maybe rumor? GS, is there any truth to the early report that Missy's chest was maimed? If that happened, it seems a very angry female thing to do, obliterate Missy’s supposed augmentation.)

IMO
The last word to us from LE was that there were “puncture wounds to the head and chest.” I know more about the head wound than the chest. None of us can really know definitively without the autopsy report. But my opinion - and that’s all it is - is that there was less damage done than was rumored.

bbm

A one off kind of crime.

IMO

Agree. We do know that she had chest and head wounds, referred to as "puncture" wounds. And consistent with the tools SP was carrying. Some contend that the wounds could be all gunshot wounds. They were called puncture wounds before the autopsy was completed, leaving us to think that they were tool wounds. Now we know SP had a gun. I think the wounds were a combination of gunshot and tool wounds. I speculate with you, that the chest wounds added to the pleasure SP got out of killing her. If SP was going to hang around long enough to wound her with tools, having a gun at the ready, why not just shoot her in the head several times to do the trick? JMO I suspect that she was shot in the head once, and died instantly, and was assaulted with the tools post mortem. But we don't know if there were pools of blood or a pool of blood. We really know very little. ugh

Last edited:
Agree. We do know that she had chest and head wounds, referred to as "puncture" wounds. And consistent with the tools SP was carrying. Some contend that the wounds could be all gunshot wounds. They were called puncture wounds before the autopsy was completed, leaving us to think that they were tool wounds. Now we know SP had a gun. I think the wounds were a combination of gunshot and tool wounds. I speculate with you, that the chest wounds added to the pleasure SP got out of killing her. If SP was going to hang around long enough to wound her with tools, having a gun at the ready, why not just shoot her in the head several times to do the trick? JMO I suspect that she was shot in the head once, and died instantly, and was assaulted with the tools post mortem. But we don't know if there were pools of blood or a pool of blood. We really know very little. ugh

I guess large areas of pooled blood = pools of blood, plural. I don’t know. I do know that the broken glass is from the glass display case. I’ve speculated that just maybe some of the puncture wounds might have been caused by the glass if she crashed through it.

Also, to clarify - the one warrant from before the autopsy said “deceased from a head wound.” The next warrant was post autopsy and said “puncture wounds to the head and chest.” So I don’t think there were any references to puncture wounds until after the autopsy.

85935DA4-7CB4-4B69-B85E-0FDEB32FB079.jpeg

Last edited:
SP's behavor doesn't make much sence for a burglar and it doesn't make much sence for a murderer. So, if he wasn't in the church to steal and he was't there to murder, what was he doing there?
He could have been there to play. I don't think he knew there were camera's inside the hallways. During his attempt to break the closet door he seems to notice the camera and stops immediately and walks away past the holy ground and past the restrooms. He even turns his face away from that camera. Then he rounds the corner and goes straight to the dutch doors. Didn't he know there was a second camera? I have been thinking about cosplay for a very long time. The outfit could be an old halloween costume. To play the "SWAT Action Hero" he needed something like a burglarised place so is it possible he was still in the staging phase when Missy walked in? It wouldn't surprise me if he had a Go Pro or something like that with him. Wasn't it mentioned in a SW or affidavit?

Had
1. He was a half-assed, teenaged, cycle riding vandal looking for money, or little stuff to pawn. He met up unexpectedly with Missy and was immature enough to kill her even though she had no way to identify him.
...or
2. He was there to kill her and hung out poking around and vandalizing until she arrived.

If I was looking for this guy, I'd be going through cases where a teenager, broke into a business or residence, stole or vandalized, and either got caught or is on probation. He would have had or needs some kind of leg surgery (did he crash his cycle at some time in his life?). He would be a motocross or motorcycle enthusiast. He might have used his cycle during the commission of other B&E type activities.

Just another opinion. What do you think?
Though I favor scenario two with an unathletic woman with nervous energy building up steam to harm a targeted individual, I like your husband's idea of a possible teen age perpetrator and motorbike injury possibility.

I would just modify one component of his assesment: Not a motorcycle or motocross enthusiast, but somebody injured riding a motorcycle.

Even for accounting for the possibility of an injury, the figure looks unathletic and clumsy. For example, they seem to trudge underneath SWAT stuff. The hammer swings are weak and show poor body mechanics. They paw at items. In short, the figure does not seem accustomed to physical activity.

One of my sons has a dirt bike. When we go to the track, I notice that he and many of the active riders of any age say- 13-50 tend to have thin wiry builds (Texas heat is brutal and some body builds take to it better than others).

As with my son, most of the motocross youths, not surprisingly, have active lifestyles and play a variety of school sports. They are all used to wearing pads etc. Their body movements tend to reflect certain amounts of athleticism, even if they were to say. walk around while swinging a hammer and grabbing at stuff.

Though there are exceptions to the wiry and athletic youth motocross enthusiast rule, the figure just seem to reflect most moto cross enthusiasts- even an injured one.

Last edited:
bbm

A one off kind of crime.

IMO

Agree. We do know that she had chest and head wounds, referred to as "puncture" wounds. And consistent with the tools SP was carrying. Some contend that the wounds could be all gunshot wounds. They were called puncture wounds before the autopsy was completed, leaving us to think that they were tool wounds. Now we know SP had a gun. I think the wounds were a combination of gunshot and tool wounds. I speculate with you, that the chest wounds added to the pleasure SP got out of killing her. If SP was going to hang around long enough to wound her with tools, having a gun at the ready, why not just shoot her in the head several times to do the trick? JMO
I guess large areas of pooled blood = pools of blood, plural. I don’t know. I do know that the broken glass is from the glass display case. I’ve speculated that just maybe some of the puncture wounds might have been caused by the glass if she crashed through it.

Also, to clarify - the one warrant from before the autopsy said “deceased from a head wound.” The next warrant was post autopsy and said “puncture wounds to the head and chest.” So I don’t think there were any references to puncture wounds until after the autopsy.

View attachment 300486

OK. I must not have read the first warrant. The first I remember of reporting how she died was the "puncture wounds to head and chest" . Since the warrant says so, and was approved by a judge, they must have already been quite sure that the head wound killed her, and either already knew that it was a gunshot wound, or highly suspected so.
I am very leery of LE statements, because of the whole "southwest area of the interior" fiasco. Not to mention, the "puncture" business. Have you gleaned from any conversations, ANY idea as to whether she was shot from behind, or the side, or if she was facing SP?
Yes, could have been injured by glass, I guess. Unless the camper who reportedly tried CPR moved her, she must have been found on her back.?? Do you think that she was shot more than once? Have you any idea if there was blood spatter evidence? Is there a scenario that you imagine, without committing yourself to it? Has anyone given you their scenario, that seems plausible to you? ty JMO

Though I favor scenario two with an unathletic woman with nervous energy building up steam to harm a targeted individual, I like your husband's idea of a possible teen age perpetrator and motorbike injury possibility.

I would just modify one component of his assesment: Not a motorcycle or motocross enthusiast, but somebody injured riding a motorcycle.

Even for accounting for the possibility of an injury, the figure looks unathletic and clumsy. For example, they seem to trudge underneath SWAT stuff. The hammer swings are weak and show poor body mechanics. They paw at items. In short, the figure does not seem accustomed to physical activity.

One of my sons has a dirt bike. When we go to the track, I notice that he and many of the active riders of any age say- 13-50 tend to have thin wiry builds (Texas heat is brutal and some body builds take to it better than others).

As with my son, most of the motocross youths, not surprisingly, have active lifestyles and play a variety of school sports. They are all used to wearing pads etc. Their body movements tend to reflect certain amounts of athleticism, even if they were to say. walk around while swinging a hammer and grabbing at stuff.

Though there are exceptions to the wiry and athletic youth motocross enthusiast rule, the figure just seem to reflect most moto cross enthusiasts- even an injured one.

Thank you. I am SO with you on this. A few posts ago, I described him as "dumpy", not meaning a fat, social reject glued to his computer as a way of life, but, as you put it "unathletic and clumsy". Perfect. I don't know how many members can relate to driving a motorcycle, making a mistake in judgement and ending up with the cycle on top of you, exhaust baffle cooking the flesh off your shin, while the bike's weight crushes your knee. Its the kind of injury that takes a long time to heal (if it ever does) and can stay with you in the form of a limp for a lifetime. The "trudge". Again the perfect word.

If you hired SP to work on a job site requiring hammering or prying (which is probably the last job this lazy character would apply for) and saw this kind of uninspired physical effort, you'd send him home. SP doesn't want to work. He wants to steal and vandalize. Profit without work or respect for anyone else's property. I have absolutely no respect for this wannabe motorcycle cop/thief. I'm the kind of person who can hate the crime, but still marvel at the skill and dexterity the criminal used to pull it off. None of that here. SP is an uninspired, lazy, stupid schlub who killed an innocent woman who interrupted his fantasy excursion. Surprise! POW!

SP is so stupid that he upped his possible penalty from a handful of misdemeanors to a full murder charge and possible death sentence. Its Texas, baby, the execution state. I pray that he's bragged this crime up to a buddy as equally stupid as he is. JMHO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member