Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #95

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...8e5dd4-cec6-11eb-8cd2-4e95230cfac2_story.html

He promised 6 million N95 masks and couldn’t deliver. Now he’s going to prison.

In fact, Stewart, 35, had no masks and no ability to get them. On Wednesday, he was sentenced in federal court in Virginia to 21 months in prison for using fraudulently obtained covid-19 relief loans in part on fruitless efforts to deliver.

A House subcommittee investigating coronavirus-related fraud released a report Thursday blaming the Trump administration for allowing Stewart’s scam to proceed “despite clear red flags.” While he was never paid for his $38.5 million in contracts with VA and the Federal Emergency Management Agency, Stewart wasted critical time and gave officials a false sense of hope that more than 6 million masks were on the way. The Arlington Air Force veteran, who ran his own company, was a legitimate government contractor but one with scant experience.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is not concerned about new coronavirus variants

“As the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Tuesday labeled the Delta variant of the novel coronavirus a “variant of concern,” Gov. Ron DeSantis downplayed the potential impact it could have on the state.

DeSantis avoided directly answering a reporter’s question about whether the state needs to do more to prepare for the Delta variant.

“There’s been a lot of talk about variants leading up to this,” DeSantis said after a state Cabinet meeting. “I think it gets put out there in ways designed to frighten people.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/travel/2021/06/18/florida-cruise-lawsuit-desantis/

“A federal judge said Friday that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention can’t enforce its rules for coronavirus-era sailing against cruise ships in Florida starting July 18.

The decision was hailed by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) — who filed suit against the public health agency in April — as a “major victory.”

Vacation in Florida? Cruise? Nope!
JMO

Following the above post. I'm watching live television on ABC David Muir tonight. They're talking about what is mentioned in the above post. Starting July 2nd, Royal Caribbean says that vaccines are optional. They are saying there might be different rules for people that are vaccinated and not vaccinated. Royal Caribbean will charge $136 testing for unvaccinated guest. Masks will be required indoors and some events will be restricted to vaccinated guests only, and dining hours will be restricted for unvaccinated guests.

I did not cry throughout this virus. I went into complete survivor mode.
Very difficult to do when you live off of the earnings of your Mom and Pop restaurant.
I give the utmost credit to our employees who stuck with us.
Also my beloved husband who just had a very serious open heart surgery that left him on his death bed.
We made many decisions that went against the "rulers over us". All with safety for all of us in mind".
If we had not made the decisions that went against our "leaders" we would be closed and ALL of our employees unemployed.
I am so exhausted to hear that it's over.
Happy, sad and still worried.
I so much, do not to be worried every day and night.

Following the above post. I'm watching live television on ABC David Muir tonight. They're talking about what is mentioned in the above post. Starting July 2nd, Royal Caribbean says that vaccines are optional. They are saying there might be different rules for people that are vaccinated and not vaccinated. Royal Caribbean will charge $136 testing for unvaccinated guest. Masks will be required indoors and some events will be restricted to vaccinated guests only, and dining hours will be restricted for unvaccinated guests.
I would not trust their testing, or rather their reporting of the testing. At the beginning of the pandemic lots of it was spread by cruise ships letting passengers disembark, knowing that they had symptoms of the virus.

I'm hearing that as well from a few. People can only think what they think, and it's too bad she won't discuss it anymore.
Perhaps as more and more get their shots your friend will start to realize that the shot isn't harmful.

It can be harmful for some people.
More young adults than expected have reported heart inflammation following Covid-19 vaccination

A higher-than-usual number of cases of a type of heart inflammationhas been reported following Covid-19 vaccination, especially among young men following their second dose of an mRNA vaccine, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Thursday.

Overall, 226 cases of myocarditis or pericarditis after vaccination in people younger than age 30 have been confirmed, Dr. Tom Shimabukuro, deputy director of the CDC's Immunization Safety Office, said during a presentation to a Food and Drug Administration advisory group.

Fifteen patients remain hospitalized, with three in intensive care units. Two of the patients in the ICU had other health problems.

Okay, this is just funny. Sometimes, we just need to see things from a more lighthearted place. Even pandemics.

Agree! It was so spot on for humor with Jon and Stephen. I was horizontal when I watched that night this week and laughed and laughed. There were so many good quotes and absurdities from that skit!

One comparing Hershey Pennsylvania and the sweetness outbreak due to the Hershey plant being there.. priceless!

President Joe Biden on Friday marked the United States administering 300 million COVID-19 shots in 150 days

"The truth is that deaths and hospitalisations are drastically down in places where people are getting vaccinated," Mr Biden said.

"But unfortunately, cases and hospitalizations are not going down in many places, in the lower vaccination rate states. They're actually going up in some places."

Mr Biden said on Friday that "the new (Delta) variant will leave unvaccinated people even more vulnerable than they were a month ago."

Biden pushes more Americans to get vaccinated after passing 300 million doses

Last edited:
We have a 3% vaccination rate here, but I guess we have decided to share anyway. It is important that we help the Pacific nations, they are our near neighbours. We share air, ocean, and they help us harvest our crops.

Australia sending more AstraZeneca to Pacific while limiting use back home

Australia is sending another 50,000 COVID-19 vaccines to Fiji and an Australian Medical Assistance Team to help the island nation as it struggles to bring its recent coronavirus outbreak under control.

Australia has already sent 200,000 AstraZeneca vaccines to Fiji, and its latest contribution will bring the total doses sent to 250,000.

"The health security of our near neighbours is a critical priority for Australia."

Last edited:
We have a 3% vaccination rate here, but I guess we have decided to share anyway. It is important that we help the Pacific nations, they are our near neighbours. We share air, ocean, and they help us harvest our crops.

Australia sending more AstraZeneca to Pacific while limiting use back home

Australia is sending another 50,000 COVID-19 vaccines to Fiji and an Australian Medical Assistance Team to help the island nation as it struggles to bring its recent coronavirus outbreak under control.

Australia has already sent 200,000 AstraZeneca vaccines to Fiji, and its latest contribution will bring the total doses sent to 250,000.

"The health security of our near neighbours is a critical priority for Australia."

It's really great you're donating them if you won't use them. At least they won't go to waste.

"The federal government's decision to recommend that AstraZeneca doses be used only for Australians over the age of 60 also means that a larger supply of the vaccines are now available to send to other countries in the region."

It's really great you're donating them if you won't use them. At least they won't go to waste.

"The federal government's decision to recommend that AstraZeneca doses be used only for Australians over the age of 60 also means that a larger supply of the vaccines are now available to send to other countries in the region."

Perhaps I should have explained in my post that our over-60 population (plus quarantine workers and all the med staff who have received Pfizer) is more than 3%. Our eligible people are nowhere near vaccinated yet.

I know of a lot of people who are eligible for AstraZeneca who haven't been able to have their shots yet. Not even their first shot, let alone their second shot.

I was with two friends yesterday who can't get their shots yet. One of them has her husband and herself scheduled for two weeks time for their first shot (they would have it sooner, if possible). The other one's dr will schedule her in as soon as they get enough doses.
They are on the young side of the eligible people. The eldest and the ones with respiratory ailments or other underlying conditions are being done first.

As well, we are vaccinating younger people who want AstraZeneca. They are not banned from the vaccine, it is just that an mRNA vaccine is recommended for them.
I posted earlier about the younger ones who are going in and having the left-over doses of AstraZeneca. They said they are not being refused, it is just confirmed that they understand the (rare) risk, then they get their shot.

It is an election year here next year. ScoMo's political party needs to be seen by the Aussie people as doing the right thing.
-

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members