AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, my gut says that LE may question whether or not the timeline of that night is close to being accurate. With the inconsistencies (if what we hear is accurate) they might have reason to suspect the events took place either differently or earlier. They are obviously suspicious.

my own opinion only

Agreed. Based on LEs statements, it doesn't appear as though the timeline has been nailed down. Hence the "circumstances surrounding her disappearance remain unclear" comments.

If they arrived home at 2:30 and the call to DW was made somewhere around 5:30-6:30, at minimum we are looking at 3 hours of potentially unknown activity.

According to DW, the "planting flowers" story was conveyed to him when CW called to advise Summer was missing. Perhaps they were actually planting flowers. Fine, I am able to accept that. However, the part where CW went to check on Summer after 2 minutes is highly unlikely. It simply isn't normal behavior. Why would a parent check on a child (who they just watched walk into their own home) after 2 minutes?

I imagine the "2 minutes" comment was a different way to say "a time period which didn't feel that long". In reality, that time period could very well have been an hour or more. We don't know.

We have all seen parents paying very little attention to their children while scrolling along on their phones for extended periods of time. Heck, people do it while they're walking and eating and driving and (insert any activity here).

I have faith LE can fill in some of that 3 hour window though, especially if they conducted any type of forensic analysis of her cellphone. Which, we all know, they would do at the first opportunity.

Timeline. Timeline. Timeline.

Will we get one? Probably not. LE is holding their cards close to the vest.

Myrtle Beach, SC advertising agency spreads word about missing Summer Wells with 20 billboards | NBC4 WCMH-TV

A South Carolina advertising agency is using its billboards to help spread the word about Summer Wells.

[...]

“I saw a post come across my Facebook about it and then when I read that she had been missing,” [AA] said. “My first thought, ‘she could be anywhere at this point.’ So we felt like we needed to step in to help.”

[...]

“We have Summer’s ad on 20 billboards. She’s had 43,000 exposures in the last two days,” [AA] said. “The impact is powerful.”

View attachment 301939
Oh WOW! I live in MB but I hadn’t heard about this or seen any of the billboards yet. That’s awesome and pretty perfect, actually! This will definitely spread Summer’s picture to corners far and wide thanks to the ungodly number of tourists in town this year. Our hotel occupancy has been consistently high high high and traffic has been a nightmare. Maybe I’ll be less frustrated knowing more traffic equals more eyeballs on Summer.

Agreed. Based on LEs statements, it doesn't appear as though the timeline has been nailed down. Hence the "circumstances surrounding her disappearance remain unclear" comments.

If they arrived home at 2:30 and the call to DW was made somewhere around 5:30-6:30, at minimum we are looking at 3 hours of potentially unknown activity.

According to DW, the "planting flowers" story was conveyed to him when CW called to advise Summer was missing. Perhaps they were actually planting flowers. Fine, I am able to accept that. However, the part where CW went to check on Summer after 2 minutes is highly unlikely. It simply isn't normal behavior. Why would a parent check on a child (who they just watched walk into their own home) after 2 minutes?

I imagine the "2 minutes" comment was a different way to say "a time period which didn't feel that long". In reality, that time period could very well have been an hour or more. We don't know.

We have all seen parents paying very little attention to their children while scrolling along on their phones for extended periods of time. Heck, people do it while they're walking and eating and driving and (insert any activity here).

I have faith LE can fill in some of that 3 hour window though, especially if they conducted any type of forensic analysis of her cellphone. Which, we all know, they would do at the first opportunity.

Timeline. Timeline. Timeline.

Will we get one? Probably not. LE is holding their cards close to the vest.

BBM

I also thought it was strange when he said she walked Summer halfway to the house.

ETA: I just realized he might have said watched not walked her to the door

Last edited:
I would never take one. Either way it’s not going to benefit me.
Me either, never.
They can prevent an injury, though. I know it's gross but my brother's soles were so hard he would not have felt a bee sting. Summer is a country kid. I'd bet her feet are pretty tough.
Splitting hairs. I still say that if the parents went out searching as soon as they said and they were calling her name, she should have been within earshot and would have have cried out, injured or not.

Kristen Quon WCYB got to see a first hand look at the Wells’ residence today, the location Summer was reportedly last seen.

SEARCHING FOR SUMMER: Some new photos I took while visiting with Donald Wells today. He says this is the back door that Summer left on Tuesday evening.
The succulents are flowers that Summer was planting with her mother and grandmother that night.
Call 1-800-TBI-FIND with any credible information that can help investigators.

207095534_217363163542095_7253156690178540014_n.jpg

205454445_217363213542090_6648480555901337604_n.jpg

I just haven't had the heart to post today. So, the weather conditions at the end of the shift for the ground searchers:
It is 77 degrees, a nice break, partly cloudy with a low of 59 tonight/early morning. No precipitation.

Kristen Quon WCYB got to see a first hand look at the Wells’ residence today, the location Summer was reportedly last seen.

SEARCHING FOR SUMMER: Some new photos I took while visiting with Donald Wells today. He says this is the back door that Summer left on Tuesday evening.
The succulents are flowers that Summer was planting with her mother and grandmother that night.
Call 1-800-TBI-FIND with any credible information that can help investigators.

207095534_217363163542095_7253156690178540014_n.jpg

205454445_217363213542090_6648480555901337604_n.jpg

Is that a weed in the square planter? ( I'm no that great at identifying plants). I wonder if that basement door is used a lot or hardly used. IMO

BBM

I also thought it was strange when he said she walked Summer halfway to the house. The pictures show the area about 20 feet from the house. That too, sounds unlikely.

I've been confused about the location of the grandma's trailer. Is it supposed to be the trailer on the side of the house or what looks like a mobile home (from overhead shot of the property) farther away along the tree line.

Me either, never.

Splitting hairs. I still say that if the parents went out searching as soon as they said and they were calling her name, she should have been within earshot and would have have cried out, injured or not.

Agreed. If you immediately start looking for a 5 year old who has been missing from your basement for "2 minutes", odds are... you'll find her. Especially when neighbors join the search which, according to DWs statement to MSM, they were doing when he arrived home.

I wonder how they celebrated Summer's birthday? Any pictures taken with a phone would have the date they were taken. What's the date of the most recent picture taken of Summer on anyone's phone? Dad should be able to provide that info. MOO

I've been confused about the location of the grandma's trailer. Is it supposed to be the trailer behind the house or what looks like a mobile home (from overhead shot of the property) farther away along the tree line.

I believe so, yes. I just realized he said she watched not walked her to the door. I made a mistake but still, I find that strange unless he meant she casually saw her go as opposed to making a point to watch. I think it matters because it was a bit early to be concerned about what others thought of their supervision at that time. If she emphasized to him that she was watching to make sure Summer went in it could be why he made a point to say that, in that case, why was it so important to emphasize?

Summer's father allowed news people to come to his home today but did not want to talk on camera…I imagine he feels terribly exposed and shamed by hearing and reading all the talk… Maybe he's finally stopped talking for good; seeing as how most of what he said has been turned against the family and has taken the attention from Summer.

I shortened your post to not take up so much space with a full quote. I hope that’s okay. Your reflection on Summer’s father brought me close to tears. He was so open and present. His little girl has disappeared. The thoughts that are likely going through his head are far worse than what we may imagine because there is a deep emotional attachment for him. Sadly, there are some here who can better understand this because of their own similar experiences. I understand tossing theories around, which includes the possibility of family involvement. Unfortunately, we have seen too many of those cases. What I don’t understand is people on social media and the media giving so much hate and pointing out things that are irrelevant. I also don’t understand the lack of sympathy, empathy, and support for a hurting family. I know there are caring and loving people in the world; I just wish there were more of them. This father and this family need support and genuine concern. They are going through so much, and now are faced with a bunch of hate-filled, heartless, judgmental people. I’m glad I don’t see this here at Websleuths. Tossing theories around is not what I’m referring to, so please no one think that. If the father or family are reading here, please know you have genuine people on your side… on Summer’s side. Sincerely ❤️

Last edited:
I've been confused about the location of the grandma's trailer. Is it supposed to be the trailer on the side of the house or what looks like a mobile home (from overhead shot of the property) farther away along the tree line.

If you look at the overhead shot on Google Maps, you'll see the driveway circling around the house. The driveway runs between the house and GMa's camper. The camper is positioned along the tree line, roughly 20... ish(?) feet from the house.

Is that a weed in the square planter? ( I'm no that great at identifying plants). I wonder if that basement door is used a lot or hardly used. IMO

That does not appear to be Weed in the square planter. It may be "A Weed", but not "Weed, Weed".

Edited to correct spelling.

ETA: Oh, you did say "A Weed". LOL! This case has my brain fried. Sorry about that.

BALSAM LAKE, Wis. (WJHL) — The aunt of missing Hawkins County 5-year-old Summer Wells has been missing since 2009, but investigators say there is no evidence that indicates the two cases are connected.

According to the FBI, Rose Marie Bly was last seen leaving her residence in St. Croix Falls, Wisconsin on Aug. 21, 2009. She was on her way to Cushing, which is five miles away.

TBI: No evidence linking Summer Wells’ disappearance with that of her aunt’s | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

If you look at the overhead shot on Google Maps, you'll see the driveway circling around the house. The driveway runs between the house and GMa's camper. The camper is positioned along the tree line, roughly 20... ish(?) feet from the house.
Ok, that's not the one I thought. All along I thought it was the one farther away. Weird, though, because looking at Google maps, the shape that looked like a mobile home that was closer to where the driveway curled into the open area where the house is no longer shows.

I shortened your post to not take up so much space with a full quote. I hope that’s okay. Your reflection on Summer’s father brought me close to tears. He was so open and present. His little girl has disappeared. The thoughts that are likely going through his head are far worse than what we may imagine because there is a deep emotional attachment for him. Sadly, there are some here who can better understand this because of their own similar experiences. I understand tossing theories around, which includes the possibility of family involvement. Unfortunately, we have seen too many of those cases. What I don’t understand is people on social media and the media giving so much hate and pointing out things that are irrelevant. I also don’t understand the lack of sympathy, empathy, and support for a hurting family. I know there’s caring and loving people in the world; I just wish there were more of them. This father and this family need support and genuine concern. They are going through so much and now are faced with a bunch of hate-filled, heartless, judgmental people. I’m glad I don’t see this here at Websleuths. Tossing theories around is not what I’m referring to so please no one think that. If the father or family are reading here, please know you have genuine people on your side… on Summer’s side. Sincerely ❤️
SM is pretty awful locally. I believe partially because we are still so raw from Baby Evelyn. I am hoping the dad doesn’t have social media.
He is still talking though. Not sure if this has been posted or not.
Father of Summer Wells says wife has passed lie detector test | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419