GUILTY OH - I'ron Jailen Cannon, 27, out w/friends, live videos show 1 w/gun, Akron, 18 Oct 2020 *arrest*

Yikes, not much of anything to catch up on.
I have to add that even though I'm local I wasn't aware he was missing until they arrested the 7 people. I don't see anything after that online or on SM. His body wouldn't be hidden in Akron or in the town of Wadsworth without being found by now. Any farmer would have discovered a body or burial this past spring. So, in my mind, that leaves Cuyahoga Valley National Park.

I have to add that even though I'm local I wasn't aware he was missing until they arrested the 7 people. I don't see anything after that online or on SM. His body wouldn't be hidden in Akron or in the town of Wadsworth without being found by now. Any farmer would have discovered a body or burial this past spring. So, in my mind, that leaves Cuyahoga Valley National Park.

There’s just so much land around Wadsworth that could be a dumping site. We always go through Seville to my dad’s grave in Western Reserve Cemetery before visiting family in Wadsworth. A lot of farmland where farmers likely would have found remains, but also significant patches of woods. Same with going from Wadsworth to LaGrange via Medina. Hopefully the police can use cell phone data to see locations the perps traveled to. It doesn’t sound like much investigating or searching is happening anymore, though.

Here are some possibilities. Y'all, please feel free to add to my list.

It depends upon how well they know the region and/or the entire state. One of the articles shortly before or right after the arrests, I thought seemed to indicate that they had been moving the remains from location to location. I may have read it wrong. If I didn't, however, that indicates that at least one member of the group knows a fair amount about the region or possibly the state on the whole. Were any of them employed? Any short haul truck drivers?

Other thoughts:
Large swaths of land are privately owned, with a modest cabin, and kept primarily for hunting during deer season. I know several people who live in NE Ohio, but they own such a place in southern Ohio. Outside of deer season, they don't go down there. Very remote.

Most of Ohio is still very rural. Wayne County's numerous cow pastures and hog farms are possibilities. They aren't plowed like the farm fields in Medina County. And even in Medina County, there are clusters of pretty dense trees that line ridges on the perimeter of some of those farm fields. I'm not sure anyone would have the occasion to go into a cluster of those thick trees to notice a shallow grave. I don't mean to be indelicate, but the smell of decomposition could easily be dismissed as another deer carcass or other animal. So, I guess I wouldn't dismiss all of Medina County entirely. Though, specifically in Wadsworth nothing comes to mind. There's continuous sprawl and construction. I'd think it would be pretty risky to try to hide the remains there.

Ponds, lakes, canals, streams, and rivers are always possibilities.

Bogs and rock quarries

No longer operational barns and silos

State Parks (I'm thinking of Silver Creek around Norton.) I don't think it, or one like it, would have as many patrols by park rangers or the foot/bike traffic of the national park system.

Well, those are the major land features or structures that come to mind. Please add to the list. Maybe we can have a second list that matches up some features or structures to the general area for potential searches?

This poor family needs to be able to lay him to rest properly. They've been through so much.

I'm local. Anything specific you want to know? I need to catch up on the case, I've been busy.

I guess I just wondered if anyone local had any facts to add that haven't been mentioned, such as links to articles from local media or LE posts that haven't yet been posted here, or if there might be an insider lurking here who wanted to go through the verification process.

It's also always interesting to hear the thoughts and opinions of someone who lives in the same neighborhood or city where the case is happening.

It just boggles my mind that none of the suspects are willing tell LE (anonymously even somehow) where they put him. Someone in the bunch must have a conscience.

MAY 12, 2021
One of 7 suspects, Autumn Knight, arraigned in connection to Iron Cannon murder case – Wadsworth Community Radio
[...]

Autumn Knight, 27, of Cuyahoga Falls, was arraigned via video from the Medina County Jail on May 11 before Medina County Common Pleas Court Judge Christopher Collier. Knight entered the not guilty plea on four charges, including tampering with evidence, gross abuse of a corpse, obstructing justice and engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity.

Her pretrial has been tentatively set for July 15 at 9 a.m. Knight’s trial is tentatively set for July 19 at 1 p.m. Knight’s bond remains at $1 million.

Arraignments/court dates for the other six suspects (Justin Hornbeck, Samantha McCune, Tyrone Render, Marcus Clark, Antonio Moore and Christopher Williams) are not known at this time. All seven suspects have been ordered not to have contact with each other. Judge Collier is presiding over each case.

[...]

JUN 1, 2021
Trial dates set, one suspect released in Iron Cannon murder case – Wadsworth Community Radio
[...]

Justin Hornbeck, Samantha McCune and Tyrone Render have all pleaded not guilty. Their trial is tentatively set for July 19 in Medina County Common Pleas Court before Judge Collier.

A bond hearing was scheduled for June 1 for Render. Cannon’s family was planning a peaceful protest outside the courthouse, according to this Facebook page. Instead, the court decided it would rule by journal entry on the bond motion.

Meanwhile, McCune was released on May 17 from the Wayne County Jail on a personal recognizance bond. In exchange for posting $500,000 bond, McCune agreed to the bond terms, including no contact with the others involved and a promise she’ll appear at her court hearings in July.

[...]

MAY 12, 2021
One of 7 suspects, Autumn Knight, arraigned in connection to Iron Cannon murder case – Wadsworth Community Radio
[...]

Autumn Knight, 27, of Cuyahoga Falls, was arraigned via video from the Medina County Jail on May 11 before Medina County Common Pleas Court Judge Christopher Collier. Knight entered the not guilty plea on four charges, including tampering with evidence, gross abuse of a corpse, obstructing justice and engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity.

Her pretrial has been tentatively set for July 15 at 9 a.m. Knight’s trial is tentatively set for July 19 at 1 p.m. Knight’s bond remains at $1 million.

Arraignments/court dates for the other six suspects (Justin Hornbeck, Samantha McCune, Tyrone Render, Marcus Clark, Antonio Moore and Christopher Williams) are not known at this time. All seven suspects have been ordered not to have contact with each other. Judge Collier is presiding over each case.

[...]
I live a mile or two from Autumn Knight. It sounds like she got in with the wrong crowd. Her Facebook page is down although it still shows it existed on search engines.
The fact that the two from Uniontown, of all places, are affiliated with a gang really surprised me.
That piddly $2,500 is not going to make anyone speak up.

SEP 12, 2021
Body discovered in waters of Lake Milton likely that of missing Akron man (cleveland19.com)
[...]

Divers searched the waters off the south side of the I-76 bridge that crosses Lake Milton around 11:30 a.m. Sunday, said Medina County Prosecutor S. Forrest Thompson.

There they found the body of a person they say is likely Iron Cannon, 27, of Akron, was fatally shot on Oct. 18, 2020 in Wadsworth.

[...]

Thompson said authorities received the information as part of the negotiations related to the trial, but would not elaborate.

[...]

:(:(:(

SEP 12, 2021
Suspected remans of Iron Cannon of Akron found in Mahoning County (beaconjournal.com)
Wadsworth Police Chief Dan Chafin spent much of Sunday on the shores of Lake Milton in Mahoning County, where a nearly year-long missing person case led him to an underwater body.

While an autopsy will provide official confirmation, Chafin and investigators were so sure of the identity of the fully submerged body that they immediately met with the family of Iron Cannon.

[...]

The Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner's Office will have to identify the remains, but Thompson said in a news release that "all parties are confident" that Iron Cannon has been found.

[...]

Cannon's suspected remains were recovered from Lake Milton. Thompson said the remains found matched the conditions and location or what was "described during the investigation."

[...]

The trial was originally scheduled for Monday but has been postponed to a later date. A judge has yet to rule on a motion from the prosecutors, which seeks to try all the defendants at once.

[...]

Also see:

Last edited:
OMG, finally (if confirmed)!! I am soo glad Iron's family and friends finally have answers. They've begged for answers from those who played a role in or knew about his disappearance. I don't understand the heart of people who make families suffer this way. I can only imagine how mixed Iron's loved ones' emotions must be right now. I've got them in my prayers.

TYSVM for the update, @PommyMommy.

MONSTERS :mad:

I’ron Cannon Still Missing, Bring I’ron Cannon Home

240919246_237624028251349_4566034226600253726_n.jpg

Family of murdered Akron man still search for answers (news5cleveland.com)

It's why his family believes the murder and cover-up were so senseless.

"To chop him up and all of that, it's just like that's overboard," said Elkins. "You can't expect any of us to ever look at them and be like I forgive them, or stuff happened, or that's life. You all are the devils, all of you. It doesn't read. There's no understanding for it. None of it."

Family of murdered Akron man still search for answers (news5cleveland.com)

It's why his family believes the murder and cover-up were so senseless.

"To chop him up and all of that, it's just like that's overboard," said Elkins. "You can't expect any of us to ever look at them and be like I forgive them, or stuff happened, or that's life. You all are the devils, all of you. It doesn't read. There's no understanding for it. None of it."

This poor family. :( I'ron's dad's voice cracking in the video tears my heart out. I can't even imagine the pain and suffering they're going through now that Iron's remains have been located (still yet to be confirmed). I hope people heed their request for donations to give Iron a proper funeral and final resting place. It might be one of the only things that helps them remember there is still some good in the world. I pray they can find peace and comfort in this most difficult situation with which they're faced.

I’ron Cannon Still Missing, Bring I’ron Cannon Home

Rest in peace, I'ron. Justice is on its way.

‘Pure evil’: Brother of murdered Akron man reacts to his body being found, upcoming trial

Sep. 22, 2021

SBM
The body of 27-year-old Akron man Iron Cannon was finally found last week and now his family is focused on justice. [snip] Police arrested seven people total, but the bizarre and mysterious case has had many twists and turns along the way. Authorities said not only was Cannon murdered, but there was also an elaborate coverup. “Pure evil,” said Elkins. Five of the seven were charged with obstructing justice, tampering with evidence, and gross abuse of a corpse. [snip] There are still more questions than answers in this case, like why was Cannon killed in the first place? And why did so many people who didn’t know him get involved in the cover-up? That’s something Cannon’s brother is hoping will come out in court. [snip] Justin Hornbeck, the man charged with murdering Cannon is set to go to trial on Oct. 4.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back