Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Sept & Oct 2019 *Arrests* #60

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh the one I saw (linked in the thread previously) I thought it said the sealed stuff was unsealed only for the new prosecutor to see it, not EIN. This is so confusing.

And another thing, I don't understand why MM thinks he's entitled to discovery on charges that haven't even been put to Ms Vallow Daybell yet.

That also happened. The conflict of interest issue from June 2020 for the concealment cases was unsealed for the prosecution the day before MM filed Motions to Compel in both the concealment and the murder cases.

The Motion to Compel in the concealment case is the one that had 169 pgs of juicy stuff that the state requested be sealed.

The Motion to Compel in the murder case is the one where MM demanded discovery at his convenience as opposed to making arrangements with the state. He put a statement at the end of his motion that he submitted at 3:30pm on Friday informing the state he was coming to the prosecutor's office at 10AM the following Monday to demand entire discovery. (The state had told him he would get any new discovery in July.) On Tuesday he submitted a ridiculous declaration in support of his Friday motion saying that the state did not tell him by 4am Monday morning that they would not be able/willing to submit to his demands. He claims in that declaration that he sent an email to the state demanding this meeting, and attached the email to the declaration. Unfortunately for him, the email (sent at 3:30pm on Friday) only indicated that a motion to compel was attached and made no mention of wishing to show up on Monday.

ETA: I am also baffled about how any motions are being entertained in either of her cases since her cases are stayed.

Last edited:
Did anyone else who watched the Lifetime movie catch what "Lori" said at the end when talking about her attorney being her baby?
"I'm so glad he has blue eyes."
What the...?
I did not watch it. The inspiration for that may be the past life listed as wife to Moroni. Wiki says Moroni is an angel or resurrected being. I did not see the movie and have no interest. I doubt it will have bearing on the case. But if LVD knew about it and was upset by being called Doomsday Mom/negative reputation that she can't control in public, it may contibute to her mental state.

The Idaho Rules of Criminal Procedure do not say that the state has to disclose everything within 2 weeks. They have to respond in two weeks, which they did. He is just flat out wrong.

(f) Response to Request, Failure to File a Response.

(1) Response to Request. The attorney or defendant on whom a request has been served must file and serve a written response within 14 days of service of the request by filing the original copy with the court and serving a copy on the opposing party, which must state one or more of the following:

(A) that the response has already been complied with and that the inquiring party has been furnished the information, evidence and material listed in the request;

(B) that there is no objection to the discovery of the information, evidence and materials sought by the request and that the opposing party will be permitted discovery at a time and place certain;

(C) that the responding party objects to part or all of the information, evidence and materials sought to be discovered, which objection must be specific and state all grounds for the objection.

I.C.R. 16. Discovery and Inspection | Supreme Court

He appears to be incompetent, which is not good for an attorney. It seems to me that he cannot read and comprehend the Procedural Rules.

The previous two sentences are my educated opinion based upon my ability to read and comprehend what I read.

Sorry to be a turd responding to my own post, but this right here is enough for an appeal based on ineffective assistance of counsel. And THAT is something I hope the state addresses.

I feel bad for the other patients who maybe look forward to their visiting hours. Not to say anything bad about mental illness. But Lori is faking and the timing with the movie coming out and well everything..she is bound to get threatening phone calls..it's too much of a coincidence. Idaho Mental hospitals in lockdown from threats Adult wards only.

I just wanted to add, we are sitting in unknown territory. The threats may or may not be related to LVD. Though it does seem likely.

MM was at the women’s detention center today ALL day today. I can’t find any other reason to why he’s been there other than something involving LVD. That could mean LVD is still there or he’s processing paperwork for her or maybe he truly has a new client there.

Anything is possible at this point and it’s all speculation until something is confirmed.

All jmo moo imo

Last edited:
I just wanted to add, we are sitting in unknown territory. The threats may or may not be related to LVD. Though it does seem likely.

MM was at the women’s detention center today ALL day today. I can’t find any other reason to why he’s be there other than something involving LVD. That could mean LVD is still there or he’s processing paperwork for her or maybe he truly has a new client there.

Anything is possible at this point and it’s all speculation until something is confirmed.

All jmo moo imo
Maybe he needed a rest after driving hours and hours to the DAs office.

Sorry better page 2 and 3..means..
It would seem Lori’s had a miraculous recovery, which is particularly fortuitous as MM ground’s to badger the State for discovery would be hampered were LV still incompetent.

Surely doubters will see this is nothing short of serendipitous Divine intervention! [insert sarcastic emoticon here].

Sadly, I sense Lori will suffer a crippling relapse immediately after her emergency hearing.

LV could have left for treatment and returned by now….so MM could be back visiting her at the jail, where she continues her treatment. Her movement to and from any hospital for treatment has been concealed so we don’t know where she really is and can only speculate s to what is going on.

If there are court dates such as July 1, does she not need to be present in court room or via zoom ? I did not think anything could go on with her case until she was treated, stabled and ‘cured’ to an extent she can understand and participate. So with the court date set July 1, does that mean she is in jail again?

So confusing at times.

Maybe only LIFETIME can clear this up, but I saw many comments elsewhere over the weekend about who, if any, of the real people behind the character portrayals in the movie had to have gave permission or else had a financial interest. I'm guessing that no one had to give permission or had a financial interest, as these peoples' names appear in public documents?

I watched it twice out of curiousity. Every thing in the story lines up with the high points in the timeline of the case, except of course the little "hey gotcha!" at the end. A combination of a "ha! ha!" and a portrayal of what Lori's "incompetency" might look like. It was meant to show incompetency, and the shock of that realization. Means, nor Prior, are named, or any other attorney or prosecutor.

The story was rushed. Hard to put all that has happened over the last couple of years into a movie that is under two hours. Just like your favorite book, the movie is never as good.

I think the writers went out of their way not to show anything that is not alleged in court documents: Such as Alex's phone alone pinging in the yard. No one is shown helping Alex, because so far, that has not been alleged.

Chad's text message to Tammy is instead shown, and the cops talking about it. Just like we do here, you draw the connection.

A dog statue is shown intermittently. It is not the cute puppy in Tammy's pet cemetery, but rather a more realistic dog statue. Little details like that might be off-putting to some of us who are very familiar with the details - but I will give them creative license there, as what was going on was way less than "cute". And there was no time to develop Tammy as a character.

A lot of younger people might not remember Linda Purl from her younger days, and Patrick Duffy. They are very good actors, but portrayed Kay and Larry as a little more frail than how they really are.

To be fair, you need to view the movie a couple of times to see the details. Chad is portrayed as the mastermind, just like RW said in the interview with SS, and MG alleged in her interview with NE. If you think RW and MG are wrong about who was in charge, you'll still realize where the idea comes from. They just needed to dumb Chad down a little IMO.

I don't think a jury will be swayed by this movie any more than it would be by all the other media coverage. The trial is dragging out to be so long in coming, that I'm sure there will be other dramatic portrayals. Its taking on JonBenet proportions.
I know for a fact for Lifetime’s similar “docudrama” of the Watts case the scripted characters gave no consent and had no participation or financial interest in the production, A production where knowledge gaps were filled in by a screenwriter’s fictional whims. It was a truly garbage.

Fortunately in the Watts case, Lifetime’s abomination was released AFTER CW had been sentenced.

All of the above is fact.

Personally, I do think the Daybell documentary has the potential to influence jurors and everyone involved in it should be ashamed if themselves.

That last sentence is JMO.

LV could have left for treatment and returned by now….so MM could be back visiting her at the jail, where she continues her treatment. Her movement to and from any hospital for treatment has been concealed so we don’t know where she really is and can only speculate s to what is going on.

If there are court dates such as July 1, does she not need to be present in court room or via zoom ? I did not think anything could go on with her case until she was treated, stabled and ‘cured’ to an extent she can understand and participate. So with the court date set July 1, does that mean she is in jail again?

So confusing at times.
Maybe once she got to the Psych hospital, Lori was miraculously "cured" because she hated it there, stopped malingering once she saw how bad it was?

Maybe once she got to the Psych hospital, Lori was miraculously "cured" because she hated it there, stopped malingering once she saw how bad it was?

You could be correct. I also am going to guess that the staff members received some additional training, to be 100% on top of the rules. LVD is known to be manipulative, so I bet everything has been by the book, to the letter. LVD has probably been used to "star" treatment at the other facility with MM being there so often.

She is now getting "rules and regs", probably not liking it much.

I know for a fact for Lifetime’s similar “docudrama” of the Watts case the scripted characters gave no consent and had no participation or financial interest in the production, A production where knowledge gaps were filled in by a screenwriter’s fictional whims. It was a truly garbage.

Fortunately in the Watts case, Lifetime’s abomination was released AFTER CW had been sentenced.

All of the above is fact.

Personally, I do think the Daybell documentary has the potential to influence jurors and everyone involved in it should be ashamed if themselves.

That last sentence is JMO.

Thank you for bringing this up. Lifetime has taken all sorts of creative liberties in their storytelling choices in all of their “true crime” series. As you mentioned, the Watts one had all sorts of irregularities, inaccuracies, exaggerated details ….whatever you’d like to coin some of their choices. I’ve been interested in those who have heard about this case for the first time from this movie - and seeing what is talked about in this grey area of where the film and the real life case overlap one another. I noticed even some of the actors from this film (Lori/Chad one not Watts) sharing on their own social media that they first heard about this case from this very film - and one of them made posts about working on the film, how sad the “sacrifice” of JJ and Tylee was, and just spoke about it as if the film was actually some accurate slice-of-life documentary and not a highly fictionalized film loosely based on real events & people lol.

I still am disappointed that Lifetime chose to keep with their premiere of this NOW vs. it premiering months later after a trial, like the Watts one was.

You could be correct. I also am going to guess that the staff members received some additional training, to be 100% on top of the rules. LVD is known to be manipulative, so I bet everything has been by the book, to the letter. LVD has probably been used to "star" treatment at the other facility with MM being there so often.

She is now getting "rules and regs", probably not liking it much.
I've also read somewhere recently that with manipulative patients like her and Jodi Arias, they tend to assign female staff to them so that they aren't as likely to fall prey to sexual wiles.

I gather from the description of services rendered at the Blackfoot facility, that would have been the choice for LVD’s treatment, yes?
Based upon the court filing today by MM, he stated he had 2 hrs to go visit LVD while he was in Rexburg & St. Anthony today. The only Idaho State Psychiatric hospital located within a 5 hr driving distance is located in Blackfoot. There is one closer to Boise, but MM drove that day & could not have seen her while there. She must be in Blackfoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Babs1966