Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because it cannot be proven that it was a literal threat to end life by her mother being reported by BW in her notebook and not a common turn of phrase being used to mean in serious trouble. My mother would say she'd kill me if got into any more bother when I was a youth but I never took that literally, although I would repeat it to friends.
I agree that we don't know whether it was a real threat or not.

I know no one will agree, but reading AWs posts, hearing the bits from the court case and really feeling like we are missing chunks- There could be an out of the box theory that this was a dramatic plot to remove ScW from their lives. Plotted between mum and daughter and BW has rightly bailed at the last minute. AW is insistent she is alive, mum claims she is still alive, ScE claims she ran off- has she been hidden somewhere? I know very very out of the box, but happened with Shannon Matthew’s although she was discovered much quicker. Or there could be some middle ground, where this was the original plan that has failed.

Its good to think 'outside the box' I think and I do it alot - it makes you think of other possibiltities that are sometimes overlooked and challenges other opinions to debate :). In this case I don't feel that just because NO-ONE has heard from B, no money has been taken been taken from her bank, no social media, no friends or family have heard from her, I'm guessing her National Insurance Number hasn't been used so unable to work/claim benefits etc. I would imagine without legal Witness Protection this could not be possible especially after 1 year?

Its good to think 'outside the box' I think and I do it alot - it makes you think of other possibiltities that are sometimes overlooked and challenges other opinions to debate :). In this case I don't feel that just because NO-ONE has heard from B, no money has been taken been taken from her bank, no social media, no friends or family have heard from her, I'm guessing her National Insurance Number hasn't been used so unable to work/claim benefits etc. I would imagine without legal Witness Protection this could not be possible especially after 1 year?
Poor Shannon was under a bed at her uncles for weeks, others have been kept in basements- I’m not suggesting she ran off and has been self sufficient. Merely that it was an initial plan that went wrong, and she is now deceased, or she could be essentially kidnapped and living in some relatives residence under duress.
What happened to Shannon Matthews and where is she now?

Poor Shannon was under a bed at her uncles for weeks, others have been kept in basements- I’m not suggesting she ran off and has been self sufficient. Merely that it was an initial plan that went wrong, and she is now deceased, or she could be essentially kidnapped and living in some relatives residence under duress.

I appreciate that but Shannon Matthews was 9 yrs old! She had absolutely no control of where she was sent and what those absolute monsters did to her! B was a 17 yr old girl so if the 'plan' somehow went wrong then her mum surely knew and was a part of that 'plan'. Sorry but surely they would have let her escape by now rather than going down the murder charge and being held in jail route (yes I know SaW is not up for up for murder but she is still jailed)

I appreciate that but Shannon Matthews was 9 yrs old! She had absolutely no control of where she was sent and what those absolute monsters did to her! B was a 17 yr old girl so if the 'plan' somehow went wrong then her mum surely knew and was a part of that 'plan'. Sorry but surely they would have let her escape by now rather than going down the murder charge and being held in jail route (yes I know SaW is not up for up for murder but she is still jailed)
I’m still on the side of her mum absolutely knew, way more than is being disclosed. Maybe they are in too deep (will be implicit) and this is all the reasoning behind the mum giving brother reward money. Something is really off, from investigation to court case-it’s not sitting right, just trying to play out alternatives.
ETA grown adults get coerced, it is quite plausible a 17 year old was, but this time by her mum,

Last edited:
I’m still on the side of her mum absolutely knew, way more than is being disclosed. Maybe they are in too deep (will be implicit) and this is all the reasoning behind the mum giving brother reward money. Something is really off, from investigation to court case-it’s not sitting right, just trying to play out alternatives.

Me too, as I said I think its good to look at other alternatives as B has not been found alive or sadly deceased. I think the police missed ALOT and I am usually very complimentary about their investigations. We all want her found and just wish those absolute ***** would admit the crime and say where the hell she is so B can have a proper burial, family and friends can have some closure and most of all B has justice!!

Why, if the SA allegations are true(obviously they are the prosecutor brought them up) why isn't he charged with it? Is this just a US thing? Bc I know we charge people with as many things as possible.

I guess they just don't have enough concrete evidence to enforce the charge - its all hearsay from SaW and from what was told to a friend of B?

Why, if the SA allegations are true(obviously they are the prosecutor brought them up) why isn't he charged with it? Is this just a US thing? Bc I know we charge people with as many things as possible.
I have no idea, other than a lack of evidence, but I feel mum is missing a whole team of charges as well.

I constantly chuck coconuts at my own theories, which is entirely healthy. They are straw men that I should try to knock down. It's easy to get caught up in a tunnel of thinking and become resitant to other interpretations. That is what I like about this site and the company that many of us have now kept for months on this case.

I can quite accept that SaW instructed ScW to give BW 'a good telling' on the way home from the grandparents about the 'untrue' SA claims. However, it wasn't untrue and ScW actually killed her daughter because it was fact and he didn't want to be unmasked as a nonce, which SaW wasn't expecting. By that point SaW was already hacking accounts and using BW's phone to try to erase/refute/retract the SA allegations. ScW murdered BW and disposed of her body (early hours of the 19th up towards Newborough). I believe SaW knew of the murder for certain close to the event but continued the lie that BW had run away, for whatever reason. As the prosecution said, SaW entered into an "unholy alliance" with ScW to cover up the murder. For me, the CPS have the charges spot on.

Last edited:
I thought they had experts in IT who could recover deleted files? How do they know these photos existed if they did not recover them or are they just assuming ?

we have no idea what it was. They got a phone call from Sarah to say he had taken photos of a notebook they had left at the house, they went around and asked to see his phone, where he went into another room and refused to hand it over. They actually watched as he deleted pics, and when they got the phone off him, it was on “message deleted” page. If it was an iPhone and not backed up, that is essentially that. It’s not backed up locally. Not sure about the pc, I assumed the hard drive was discarded on the kings lynn middle of the night trip after the police spooked him

I thought they had experts in IT who could recover deleted files? How do they know these photos existed if they did not recover them or are they just assuming ?

we have no idea what it was. They got a phone call from Sarah to say he had taken photos of a notebook they had left at the house, they went around and asked to see his phone, where he went into another room and refused to hand it over. They actually watched as he deleted pics, and when they got the phone off him, it was on “message deleted” page. If it was an iPhone and not backed up, that is essentially that. It’s not backed up locally. Not sure about the pc, I assumed the hard drive was discarded on the kings lynn middle of the night trip after the police spooked him

I have no idea, other than a lack of evidence, but I feel mum is missing a whole team of charges as well.

I have seen this a lot in uk v USA. I think it’s just how our systems work. In USA a lot of cases don’t go to trial, so just give a long list. Here, it may slow things down.

for voyeurism you would need to prove he had a sexual motive and was doing something with the image, otherwise he’s likely to get a very small sentence. Even if guilty, he would get put on the register and have restrictions placed on him. I’m guessing if they are confident of getting him a life sentence then it would be small potatoes to push for that too

Quoted from the BBC news report:

Ms Wilding, turning to events of 18 July, said: "For most people, a child disappearing like that would be like the sky crashing in."

Mr Walker responded: "Yes, I know that feeling."

"But still, your first concern was Sarah and her relationship with Chris wasn't it?" Ms Wilding said.

"Yes... it was the first time I'd fell out of love with Sarah."

any thoughts on this?

he contradicts himself by saying the sky falls in, then admits he was actually just concerned about Sarah and COC.

but in what context does he mean ‘it was the first time I fell out of love with Sarah’? I want to understand what he is is stating that made the love go. What did Sarah do that caused this? Because it sounds like he is stating a sudden loss of feeling to me. A reaction. The relationship with COC had been going on for - what? - almost a year? So it wasn’t just that she was seeing someone else, it was something more. Another betrayal.
And in my book, once you’re out of love, you’re out - it doesn’t preoccupy you - you move on. The betrayal is what preoccupies you.

edited to clarify my jumbled thoughts!

MOO

Last edited:
Could it be that in some sick and misguided way he did what he did for Sarah. To keep the status quo and keep her happy. To keep her love. But she, seeing - or more correctly - knowing, what he was truly capable of, became scared and concerned for her own welfare and moved in with CoC? She made sure the job was done, then put the distance in. Hence he suddenly realised he did whatever he did for nothing but an empty heart and home?

all just my own thoughts only

Last edited:
I know no one will agree, but reading AWs posts, hearing the bits from the court case and really feeling like we are missing chunks- There could be an out of the box theory that this was a dramatic plot to remove ScW from their lives. Plotted between mum and daughter and BW has rightly bailed at the last minute. AW is insistent she is alive, mum claims she is still alive, ScE claims she ran off- has she been hidden somewhere? I know very very out of the box, but happened with Shannon Matthew’s although she was discovered much quicker. Or there could be some middle ground, where this was the original plan that has failed.

you’re right…no one will agree with that ;)

anything is possible but the girl has been missing for a year, her phone has been missing for a year and nothing supports this.

if she ran off in Werrington, where to? Where would she be hidden and for how long? With the mum looking at a life sentence, wouldn’t she come forward? If you wanted rid of the dad, you pack his bags and he’s gone. You report him for violence or sexual abuse rather than defend it.

there is nothing to suggest the mother and daughter set this up. No physical evidence, no tech data, no actions before, during or after her disappearance. There is however plenty of evidence to suggest this guy is involved from his missing hours to his actions and ludicrous stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acalvert