Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel sorry for his wife, 15 years is a long time to be married to someone she thought she knew. I wonder were there any signs? Usually men like this are like two different people around their family and then in public. He could have been a very caring and devoted husband and dad which makes it all the more sad
He had them fooled -- must have kept that mask on tight.

Wayne Couzens: the former Met officer who hid dark secrets behind family-man facade

On the surface, Wayne Couzens was a dedicated police officer and a devoted family man who was never happier than when playing with his children or tinkering with his Ducati motorcycle.

But underneath the veneer of respectability was a sexual deviant who, fuelled by extreme *advertiser censored*, was driven to ever more depraved actions to slake his desires.

[..]

A former receptionist at the family-run garage said Couzens was kind, thoughtful and charming and she could not believe that he was the same person who had abducted, raped and killed Sarah Everard.

'There was no sign he could be like that'

'We just couldn't believe this was happening to us': Clearing out her flat, laying her to rest... Sarah Everard's cousin recounts the harrowing months that still haunt her family and paints a touching picture of the woman who was an inspiration to all

Talking exclusively to the Daily Mail this week, one of Sarah’s cousins has spoken for the first time about how her death has left a gaping hole in her closely-knit loving family. A hole nothing can ever fill.

45253339-9774161-image-a-14_1625860905292.jpg

Having cleared out the flat where the 33-year-old lived in south London and quietly laid her to rest in a private family funeral, her parents, Jeremy and Sue, are still struggling to come to terms with their unfathomable loss.

‘It’s just so heart-wrenching. The family is so broken over it,’ says Marlene Smith. ‘Sarah will be forever in our hearts. She was just such a lovely person, very effervescent and outgoing. Such a kind, loving person.

‘She was so young and innocent and it’s still hard to believe this has happened to our family. Last month would have been her 34th birthday. The grief is still overwhelming.’

‘We are a very close family,’ says 56-year-old Marlene. ‘This has hit us hard. Sarah was very loved by all of us. Being the youngest of Jeremy’s kids, it’s a huge loss and terrible to know what she might have endured.’

The past three months, she says, have been unbelievably hard for the Everards. In the aftermath of Sarah’s death, she says, even the Jamaican High Commissioner in London contacted Sarah’s parents to offer his condolences.

‘Jeremy and Sue had to clear out her apartment. That was very hard although they were able to see some of Sarah’s friends and that was lovely. I check in with them all the time to see how they are coping and to give love and moral support. It is so terrible that this has happened to them. They are such lovely people.’

Sarah Everard's cousin recounts the harrowing months that still haunt her family | Daily Mail Online

This is actually a very long article and quite interesting. Can't obviously copy all here because of copyright.

I would say it was attention. The ‘poor me, I’m ill’ card. Anything to get out of the reality he was in. Maybe his head-banging and poor acting was a ploy to pull the “diminished responsibility’ card too. His actions got him more time. He went to ICU. People with psychosis don’t do this sort of stuff. He’s a manipulator. A psychopath. A narcissist. Thankfully the majority are not buying it and he’s not in a high secure unit. He’s in a prison… where he belongs!

Completely agree. I know it's their job but I don't know how a defence lawyer can stand there and say he's pleaded guilty and thus shows genuine remorse. Remorse but he's not willing to share the details or why? That's a weird kind of remorse.

Completely agree. I know it's their job but I don't know how a defence lawyer can stand there and say he's pleaded guilty and thus shows genuine remorse. Remorse but he's not willing to share the details or why? That's a weird kind of remorse.
Completely agree! His lies at the beginning after his arrest about taking her as he had to hand her over to Eastern European’s to pay off a debt for underpaying one of their sex workers a few weeks earlier… what a load of concocted rubbish. He will do and say anything to save his skin. There is no remorse. But now there is so much overwhelming evidence against him, his lawyer has probably suggested he pleaded guilty and he has probably only done it to get a lesser sentence (which hopefully won’t happen!)

I know we are all saying that his wife had nothing to do with it at all and I’m happy to accept that. But I find it hard to believe that you just wake up one day and find out that your husband is a depraved sex predator come murderer.

There would definitely have been warning signs that something was ‘off’ … there are usually things such as *advertiser censored*, affairs, interest in things which would cause strain in a marriage, behaviors which don’t sit well …

I don’t know, not her fault, but sometimes women accept far less than they deserve because they know no better.

There is an excellent three part docu series on Sky at present called something like The Killer and me. One of them is about the partner of Steve Wright who was killing women in Suffolk a few years back; she was hounded by the press after he was arrested for the very reason that surely she knew. When you watch the documentary it's clear that she had no knowledge what-so-ever and even now, cannot accept that he's guilty.

I think that he could have taken his firearm home with him and used it to quieten SE. I know it has been said that they are all handed in after every shift, but knowing how he has gotten away with crimes in the past I simply don’t trust that LE were as diligent as we are made to believe.

Exceptionally unlikely. So unlikely as to be essentially impossible. Police issue firearms in the UK do not go home after a shift and if an officer didn't return it straight after his shift there would be a massive search for him. He had a warrant card and probably a lot of other police paraphernalia on him. He would not have needed a firearm to abduct her.

Could she have been tasered?

Again, it's extremely unlikely that he could have gone off with a police issue Tazer. Legally they are Prohibited Weapons as defined in the Firearms Act 1968 and are classed as firearms in their own right under Section 5 of that Act. The police would keep very tight tabs on them.

Again, it's extremely unlikely that he could have gone off with a police issue Tazer. Legally they are Prohibited Weapons as defined in the Firearms Act 1968 and are classed as firearms in their own right under Section 5 of that Act. The police would keep very tight tabs on them.
Ummm... I meant his own taser

Didn't her phone go off grid immediately after she spoke to the boyfriend? Which would have been a good five or ten minutes before she was seen on CCTV with WC? I can't imagine that she ran out of battery a short while before she met her killer. I would think that she switched the phone off after the call. Why? Not sure, as she still had a little way to go and her headphones suggest that she used her phone to listen to music. Perhaps she thought it wasn't safe to be on the phone or listening to music so put her phone away. TBH if I were in that situation, I would not have switched it off, just stowed it in a pocket or bag.

There is lots of speculation that he may have badged her/told her she was in danger, so she got into his car willingly. The only people that can confirm that are SE (who sadly can't) and WC, who refuses to say anything. If that was his gambit, then it would have bought him a bit of time to drive, before she thought something odd was going on. The fact is, that she got into his car within three minutes. The amount of traffic passing would suggest that him rendering her unconscious, on a red route, with his hazards on would be very risky.

Sorry to be a contrarian but aren't these all very good reasons as to why her phone may indeed have gone off due to a dead battery?

Random question - why do we think he erased his phone?

I mean, obviously there was the incriminating location data on it, but it seems that was retrievable regardless.

There was also the SIM card or memory card he threw out of the window.

So what else might he have been trying to hide? Google searches? *advertiser censored* viewing? Photographs or videos of the crime? Other, less traceable purchases that were a part of the crime?

All seem possible IMO. I wonder how much of this the police will be able to retrieve.

Because he was guilty as all holy *advertiser censored**???

The phone is a bit of a mystery. You would think if he intended to lure her in the car as a police officer, one of the first things he’d want to do is make sure she can’t call anyone or be tracked. I reckon he must have driven her a short distance after some excuse for taking her home or somewhere then stopped and immobilised her and taken her phone. I wonder if it will ever turn up. He could have thrown it into the sea off the Dover tunnels cliffs.

And he isn’t telling anyone anything. I guess even if they offered him a deal on sentence fo tell everything you still wouldn’t know if he was telling the truth.

That’s very weird. Telling someone he buried his Dad there when his Dad is still alive. Makes you wonder who actually is buried there if there’s a wood cross.
In my country it is forbidden to bury sb in a private land (even ashes). Only cemetery for the dead.

Sorry to quote you on this but I'd like to pick up on that last part , the "control" .
I would personally stay away from bipolar disorder .
Kidnap , rape , arson are all crimes about control. Ego gratification .
Bipolars don't normally do that , in my experience.

He has a massive personality disorder. Clearly had it all his life from the accounts we've heard. It is not a mental illness like bi-polar that caused him to do this. Pound to a penny that he's been slapping the wife about for years (physically or mentally or both) and I'd guess that his having a wife from a completely different culture, who's family and friends are thousands of miles away suited his controlling nature just fine.

I remember when the arrest happened, and the neighbour was on here and reported it all going on. Can't go back and find the posts now (way back in another thread) but much of what they said at the time tallies with the detailed The Times report of his arrest, including (iirc) something having been thrown out of the window.

Horrific. Poor Sarah.

Does it say what was thrown out of the window?

Sorry to be a contrarian but aren't these all very good reasons as to why her phone may indeed have gone off due to a dead battery?
Absolutely. But what very unfortunate timing if so. She had been at a friend's place for 2 hours. I imagine she plugged her phone in there.

During lockdown, there was so very little to think about or do. I feel that for a lot of people, having a charged up phone was a lifeline and the battery life of your phone would have been a priority for many.

It was only 30 minutes after she left her friend's house, when her phone stopped having any signal. That would be one useless battery if it ran out of power right then - and such a horrible coincidence. Was her attacker was really right there, waiting to abduct her, at the exact moment when her phone died?

It seems most likely that she switched the phone off after her conversation with her boyfriend, probably to be safe going home and not wanting to be tempted to look at her phone

Ummm... I meant his own taser

Well, yes, he may have had one but it is not legally possible for private individuals to purchase or possess them in the UK so it would have to be an illegally acquired one. Not impossible, I grant you, but why would you do that if you had a warrant card with which to induce someone?

He has a massive personality disorder. Clearly had it all his life from the accounts we've heard. It is not a mental illness like bi-polar that caused him to do this. Pound to a penny that he's been slapping the wife about for years (physically or mentally or both) and I'd guess that his having a wife from a completely different culture, who's family and friends are thousands of miles away suited his controlling nature just fine.
Exactly. She was completely dependent on him, especially at the beginning while didn't speak English very well.

In my country it is forbidden to bury sb in a private land (even ashes). Only cemetery for the dead.

You can bury someone in your back garden here; I think you need to apply for a licence or something and adhere to the relevant legislation regarding how it must be done and officially record the grave site but it's from from illegal. Diana, Princess of Wales is interred on her families private estate, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billyidaho