Found Deceased VA - Bruce Rubin, 61, jogger, Primland Resort, Patrick Co., 2 July 2021

Hello all. Day 10. Bruce's body was found today by the Sheriff's Department a few hundred yards off the trail. That is all we know. Thank you all for your information, support, caring, love and just being with us during this difficult time. And of course so much thanks to the Sheriff, SAR, dog handlers, drone people, and everyone else who risked their own lives to find Bruce. This is awful and unimaginable news, but it does provide some measure of closure which we were so desperately needing, so that we can begin to heal.
I'm deeply sorry for you and for his family and friends. This is a sad outcome indeed. Always something to be said about doing the things you love when you die. May he RIP.

Hello all. Day 10. Bruce's body was found today by the Sheriff's Department a few hundred yards off the trail. That is all we know. Thank you all for your information, support, caring, love and just being with us during this difficult time. And of course so much thanks to the Sheriff, SAR, dog handlers, drone people, and everyone else who risked their own lives to find Bruce. This is awful and unimaginable news, but it does provide some measure of closure which we were so desperately needing, so that we can begin to heal.

Deepest condolences to his loved ones.

I am so sorry for your and Bruce's loved one's loss @friendofbrucerubin! I have been following, but have not posted, as i am not SAR etc. and not familiar with the area as I am in Colorado. I have, however, thought about Bruce and all of you every single day! I am so, so sorry!!! RIP Bruce!!!

So sorry to hear this news. We came to vacation at the resort while the search for him was under way and hoped it would turn out positively and he’d be found safely. Please keep us posted as you know more and please know you and his other friends/family are held close during this time.

So very, very sad to hear of this outcome.

Condolences to all who loved Bruce and sincere wishes that they will always find a measure of peace and comfort in their shared memories of times spent together with him. You now hold him forever in your hearts.

Rest in Peace, Bruce Rubin.

@friendofbrucerubin, I'm so terribly sorry to hear this news. Please accept my deepest condolences. I'll keep you, his family and friends in my prayers.

I am so, so sorry for your loss and for his other loved ones and family. Thank you for being here doing all you could to try to help. I just hate that it ended like this. Hugs to you.

Body of jogger missing from Primland Resort found

The body of Bruce Rubin, 61, was found off a bluff in the Roaring Creek Gorge, according to the Patrick County Sheriff’s Office. Rubin was reported missing on July 2 after last being seen that morning.

The body was not near any trail that was marked. Rubin appeared to have fallen, and no evidence of foul play was found.

Body of Primland Resort guest recovered from Roaring Creek Gorge

Patrick County Sheriff Dan Smith said his deputies along with Primland employees were looking for Bruce Rubin, 61, along the south end of Buzzards Roost Trail when they spotted the remains off of a bluff in the Roaring Creek Gorge.

It took the deputies, search and rescue personnel and rappel teams with the Virginia Department of Emergency Management about eight hours to recover the body, but they made it out before nightfall.

"The location where Rubin was found was not near a marked trail," said Smith.

The elevation of that part of the trail is about 2,600 feet and the Roaring Creek that runs along the floor of the gorge is about 1,100 feet below.
Smith said on Friday after a week of searching that his team would continue to do everything they could to find closure and on Monday night shortly before 11 p.m. Smith said he was still with the family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back