Found Deceased AZ - Julie Cappetta, 53, visiting from PA, went for a walk, Sun Lakes, 10 Jul 2021

Julie told her father before she left. Cell records show calls only to family and friends. No weird interactions
Here is a link with the info on how to become a Verified Insider. Being recognized as an insider would allow you to bypass having to provide MSM or LE presser links that corroborate info you share here. Please consider this if you are local with inside info.
Insider Info here.

I have just spent about an hour Google walking the streets around her father's home have the following observations.

They are a maze. If someone started a walk deeper into the neighborhood, even if she had done it before, it would be incredibly easy to get lost especially not having street names and a layout in your head as to how they intersect.

Homes and property, especially south toward Hunt Highway have solid fencing that would prevent her from seeking help if she began to feel disoriented from the heat.

There are no sidewalks, so she would have been walking in the street.

Have many people left due to this brutal heat wave so that she could have gone inside one of the front gated doors of an unoccupied home seeking help and not been able to come back out.?

Are searchers looking at the undeveloped areas beyond the limits of the homes?

Mod Reminder:

To ensure that factual information is discussed on WS, links to MSM reports or LE statements are required for statements made as fact. The exception to this rule is when we have a Verified Insider that is a family member or friend to the victim or missing person.

The Verified Insider process is completely confidential and details can be found here: Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

To adhere to the standards WS has in place regarding being victim friendly and supporting families, any posts stated as fact when someone is not a VI will be removed.

Thanks for your understanding and feel free to use the report feature on this post or PM a Mod/Admin if you have any questions on the VI process.

Best,
Tiff

(1) Missing Person- Julie Cappetta - Posts | Facebook
The MCSO have assigned a detective to Julie’s case and the family will be meeting with him tomorrow to discuss next steps. Today, the Gila River Tribal Police have been searching Hunt Highway and surrounding areas on the reservation.
No new leads have come in. We urge you to continue to share Julie’s flyer and pass her information along. Thank you

Not sure if this was posted.

Please Welcome zah777 who has now been Verified as an insider in Julie's case. We'll leave it up to zah777 to share their relationship to the case as they are comfortable in doing.

As a Verified Insider, zah777 is not required to provide links to what they state as fact and their knowledge of the case. Please treat our VI with respect at all times (i.e. no bickering with them, challenging them, or badgering them for information they may not wish to share).

Thank you to zah777 and others who are here to discuss the case with a view to bringing Julie home.

Welcome @zah777 , Thank you for becoming a VI, I am truly sorry Julie's family and friends are going through this. Please feel free to share what makes you comfortable to give us a better idea of Julie and the situation as you may know it. Thanks again!

(1) Missing Person- Julie Cappetta - Posts | Facebook
The MCSO have assigned a detective to Julie’s case and the family will be meeting with him tomorrow to discuss next steps. Today, the Gila River Tribal Police have been searching Hunt Highway and surrounding areas on the reservation.
No new leads have come in. We urge you to continue to share Julie’s flyer and pass her information along. Thank you

Not sure if this was posted.
Now saying that they are halting searches as of 20 hours ago. Comments not looking like we will get the best outcome.

Per local news outlet, KPNX Channel 12 News sources, and Maricopa County Sheriff officials; "A woman's body was found in the backyard of a home off East Sun Lakes Boulevard. There was no obvious signs of trauma, and no immediate signs of foul play." An identity has NOT been confirmed, and an autopsy has been scheduled for this weekend.

images

I'm curious as well? Did Julie have a medical emergency and collapsed in someone's backyard seeking help?
Sadly, I doubt that any more information about this case will be disclosed. Sun Lakes, is on the outer edge literally and figuratively, of the Phoenix metro area. Both print and media news outlets are woefully understaffed, to the point where only breaking news is covered. To be honest, I was shocked that the story got as much attention as it did. I am very familiar with this area having lived and worked here for the last 21 years. I will take a well educated GUESS, and state that IMO Julie went out for a walk, didn't hydrate prior, and either didn't carry any, or enough water. She began to feel the effects of the heat/sun, or suffered some sort of medical emergency, and sought shelter in the shade. She may have tried to make contact with a homeowner, but many of them are out of town at this time of year. It would not be uncommon to ring 8 to 10 doorbells on a street, and not get an answer. This fact is also probably why it took a while to discover her. It's hot here. Ungodly hot at times. Even those that live here full time can underestimate how quickly things can go south. I cannot overstate that fact enough. As to the character of the community, it is a safe and lovely place. One that if it had seen Julie in distress, would have taken her in an seen to it that she was safe and cared for. As for foul play, I'd have to put the likelihood of that at less than 1%.

Sadly, I doubt that any more information about this case will be disclosed. Sun Lakes, is on the outer edge literally and figuratively, of the Phoenix metro area. Both print and media news outlets are woefully understaffed, to the point where only breaking news is covered. To be honest, I was shocked that the story got as much attention as it did. I am very familiar with this area having lived and worked here for the last 21 years. I will take a well educated GUESS, and state that IMO Julie went out for a walk, didn't hydrate prior, and either didn't carry any, or enough water. She began to feel the effects of the heat/sun, or suffered some sort of medical emergency, and sought shelter in the shade. She may have tried to make contact with a homeowner, but many of them are out of town at this time of year. It would not be uncommon to ring 8 to 10 doorbells on a street, and not get an answer. This fact is also probably why it took a while to discover her. It's hot here. Ungodly hot at times. Even those that live here full time can underestimate how quickly things can go south. I cannot overstate that fact enough. As to the character of the community, it is a safe and lovely place. One that if it had seen Julie in distress, would have taken her in an seen to it that she was safe and cared for. As for foul play, I'd have to put the likelihood of that at less than 1%.
I agree with all of this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get
Back