Found Deceased AZ - Julie Cappetta, 53, visiting from PA, went for a walk, Sun Lakes, 10 Jul 2021

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
SUN LAKES, Ariz. - Authorities are searching for a woman who is visiting from Pennsylvania and was last seen walking near her father's house in Sun Lakes.

According to the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office, 53-year-old Julie Ann Cappetta arrived on July 1 from Pennsylvania to visit her father who lives in Sun Lakes near Dobson and Riggs Roads.

On Saturday, Cappetta left her father's house at 9:30 a.m. to go for a walk. Two hours later, her father returned home from running errands and discovered Cappetta had not returned.

Cappetta's father told MCSO she had been on walks with him before, but she was not familiar with the entire area.

"A subsequent check of the residence revealed she left without her cell phone, purse, money, and identification," MCSO said in a statement. "A check of her phone showed no recent activity in or out. Julie has not been seen since."

Cappetta is 5'6", weighs 120 pounds, and has brown hair and green eyes. She was last seen wearing a pink or lavender shirt, white shorts, and white tennis shoes.

If you have any information, you're asked to call MCSO at 602-876-1011.

Julie-Cappetta.jpg

MCSO searching for missing Pennsylvania woman last seen in Sun Lakes

It was about 104F at 11:30 am yesterday and by mid-afternoon, it was 106F in nearby Chandler.

Surely she wouldn't have gotten off city sidewalks? There are several "lakes" in the neighborhood, and a lot of desert to the south.

Nothing is said in the article about an active search for her.

way way too hot to be taking a walk at that time if you are inexperienced with this weather. I am fearing the worst but odd she's not been found. Start with those closest and work outward IMO.
I wonder if she's in a hospital somewhere? Someone may have found her and called an ambulance. With no identification, who would know who she is?

I wonder if she's in a hospital somewhere? Someone may have found her and called an ambulance. With no identification, who would know who she is?
This actually happened in another case here. I can't recall his name but he was a older man in NY who was mugged, apparently received a head injury during the mugging and ended up in the hospital not recalling his name for a few days. Family were even posting at the time asking for help locating him. I think he was a lawyer. So we can't disregard this idea, I'm not sure this is the case though. IMO

This actually happened in another case here. I can't recall his name but he was a older man in NY who was mugged, apparently received a head injury during the mugging and ended up in the hospital not recalling his name for a few days. Family were even posting at the time asking for help locating him. I think he was a lawyer. So we can't disregard this idea, I'm not sure this is the case though. IMO
What other scenario are you contemplating?

When I walk I don't like carrying anything. It sounds like she was wearing her sunglasses and a visor and tennis shoes. I wonder if the community where he lives is an older adult community.

When I walk I don't like carrying anything. It sounds like she was wearing her sunglasses and a visor and tennis shoes. I wonder if the community where he lives is an older adult community.
Agreed. And as others have stated, it was HOT. If I'm walking anywhere when it's that hot, I don't really want anything in my pockets. Light & airy feels better in the heat. ...but that being said, I do also understand that connection between a woman & her purse/pocketbook/phone/etc. I'm really just not sure what to think here yet. It's definitely concerning though!

Two more things I noticed in the area of his home.
Many of the homes have protective barrier gates across the front entrances and very protected mail boxes out front. Is there a crime problem here or is this just typical of this kind of housing development in Arizona?
Even though there is a golf course on the outer perimeter of this development, there is no access to those green areas for someone walking on the street, no walkway between houses, for instance for access to the ponds and green areas, that I could see from walking the streets via Google.

Walking down the street there it simply is houses in a desert area. There's no grass or greenery or anything at all to absorb all the heat.
I wonder why she wanted to go for a walk in triple digit Fahrenheit figures?

If she just wanted to stretch her legs, she should've waited until it was cooler.

Also, it seems quite a way to walk until you get to anything that isn't more houses or desert.

If she collapsed with heat related illness, someone would have found her in such a residential zone.

Did she wander into the desert area to the south? If she did, she couldn't have gone far in the heat with no water to drink.

Many of the homes have protective barrier gates across the front entrances and very protected mail boxes out front. Is there a crime problem here or is this just typical of this kind of housing development in Arizona?
Even though there is a golf course on the outer perimeter of this development, there is no access to those green areas for someone walking on the street, no walkway between houses, for instance for access to the ponds and green areas, that I could see from walking the streets via Google.
There are accesses to the green areas from the roads. Here's one from StreetView that is just to the west of her dad's house.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210713-111438_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20210713-111438_Maps.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 74
Yes, very typical of AZ housing developments. Also, if you are from AZ, you aren't walking anywhere if you don't have to. It's too dang hot for a casual stroll. Anyone see if she has any history of mental illness or substance use?

It was about 104F at 11:30 am yesterday and by mid-afternoon, it was 106F in nearby Chandler.

Surely she wouldn't have gotten off city sidewalks? There are several "lakes" in the neighborhood, and a lot of desert to the south.

The family and the Gila River Police Dept have been actively searching for her everywhere. They dispatched drones, helicopter, and have went door to door, along with posting flyers. They have checked all the hospitals and homeless shelters. They are now even offering a reward for information. However, the MCSO has done nothing and say because she left on foot that her missing doesn't meet their criteria. A missing 53 yr old woman is not high on their priority list.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back