Found Deceased Canada - Justin Evans, 22, Gravenhurst, Ont, 12 Dec 2020

Basically keeping things in order, sending messages for review for her to delete or not if they cross lines, or deleting them and hiding users if it's a stream.
It's been wild with this case.
That’s interesting. Thanks for sharing a little behind the scenes! Yes I imagine there has been a lot with this case.

Not so patiently waiting for a mechanism of death to be announced. LE said it's been concluded and they've been freely sharing other info as of late (though the info shared seems they are trying to deter public speculation moreso than fully inform the public).
If COD was blood loss via laceration, I could start accepting more possibilities. If COD is something like gunshot wound to head/abdomen, or a drug related overdose or poisoning*, I would still have my reservations.
*I could imagine certain ingestions could cause esophageal/gastric bleeding i.e. if it was a caustic liquid like a bleach, but I am not confident how much bleeding that would produce. Painful poisoning suicide is also, statistically, not a "first choice" method for Justin's demographic.

Not so patiently waiting for a mechanism of death to be announced. LE said it's been concluded and they've been freely sharing other info as of late (though the info shared seems they are trying to deter public speculation moreso than fully inform the public).
If COD was blood loss via laceration, I could start accepting more possibilities. If COD is something like gunshot wound to head/abdomen, or a drug related overdose or poisoning*, I would still have my reservations.
*I could imagine certain ingestions could cause esophageal/gastric bleeding i.e. if it was a caustic liquid like a bleach, but I am not confident how much bleeding that would produce. Painful poisoning suicide is also, statistically, not a "first choice" method for Justin's demographic.
Canada does not usually give any information if it is a Suicide, they might because of all the trash talk

Canada does not usually give any information if it is a Suicide, they might because of all the trash talk
That's true, Canadian LE are tight-lipped. With how open Justin's family has been, I'm sure they will share on the FB page once a final COD/circumstances has been communicated to them, unless they had to sign an NDA or something of the like (or an embargo while the case is still ongoing). From what I can see they are still freely sharing what they know as family posted about Bud's grandfather's court date yesterday.

There are currently no Verified members posting in this discussion.

All members are required to post in accordance with TOS (aka The Rules, linked in my signature) which they agreed to upon joining Websleuths.

Excerpt from The Rules: Etiquette & Information

VERIFIED PROFESSIONALS and CASE INSIDERS

We are lucky enough to have posters from all walks of life with a broad spectrum of expertise. Some hold specialized knowledge that applies to the various circumstances of the cases we discuss, and can contribute valuable insight and information. We welcome their participation.

To ensure that anyone posting as a "professional" in a specific field truly is what/who they claim to be, WS employs a verification process.

The verification process also applies to "case insiders". Relatives, friends, and others personally acquainted with a victim or a suspect; or a professional working on behalf of a victim or the family, (i.e., a private investigator), can submit a request to be verified as a "case insider".

If you would like to become verified, please contact WS Administration at wsverify@yahoo.com with your Websleuths name, your real name, the case, a telephone number, and the times when you can be reached.

If you are a "professional" or "case insider", but would prefer not to be verified, please understand that you will be required to follow the general rules for posting, and back up your statements with links to appropriate sources.

NOTE: Websleuths does not condone members becoming personally involved in cases by initiating contact with family members, case players, law enforcement, or the media. This does not preclude responding to a request for volunteers, or utilizing proper channels to report valid information, i.e., "a tip", to law enforcement.

For members wishing to become Verified in order to provide inside information without the requirement to provide links to info stated as fact, please read:

Link to information and instruction about Websleuths Verification Process

Lengthy, includes additional helpful links.. rbbm.
U of T experts explain difficulties of reporting on suicide – and why it's important to focus on resilience
April 23, 2019
by Geoffrey Vendeville
''Dr. Mark Sinyor and Dr. Ayal Schaffer, both in U of T's department of psychiatry in the Faculty of Medicine and associate scientists at the Sunnybrook Research Institute, have helped develop guidelines for Canadian journalists for reporting on suicide. The recommendations, which included input from journalists, were released by the Canadian Psychiatric Association and identify harmful aspects of coverage that should be avoided, appropriate language and mental health resources. Media guidelines on reporting on suicide are estimated to prevent more than 40 suicide deaths per year in Canada.

The guidelines aren't intended to censor talk of suicide, Sinyor explained in an interview with U of T News, but to equip journalists with up-to-date scientific evidence so they can report on the issue responsibly. More than 150 scientific papers have established that more suicide deaths occur after repetitive reporting on suicide – a phenomenon known as the Werther Effect. Meanwhile, a growing body of evidence also supports the idea of a Papageno Effect – the notion that stories of resilience are associated with subsequent lower suicide rates.

“The key point is that everything is contagious,” Sinyor said. “We all do something called social learning – we learn from each other. If the media – unintentionally but erroneously – suggests that suicide is the only option or a common outcome, then people take that on and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

“However, if we disseminate stories of resilience, which are by far the most common outcome in mental health, then people will copy that.”

New it’s a crime about the walk

This video states the amount of blood found in the shed would have been 40-50% of blood loss for justin

this video states that Justin’s body in the swamp was 1000 feet from the shed

This video states the weather was between +6 and -6 during the 5 day window justin was missing

This video shows footage of a direct route from the shed to where justin was found
Taken by Jaime and Kristen (mother and sister of justin)

this video talks about the two specific signs that were first taken
“The OPP failed Justin”
“Where is the phone and the earbuds”
And where they were found (where Justin’s body was found)

This video shows another route (via map)to the swamp if perhaps Justin’s body was driven

This video states the amount of blood found in the shed would have been 40-50% of blood loss for justin

This video states the weather was between +6 and -6 during the 5 day window justin was missing

This video shows footage of a direct route from the shed to where justin was found

“The OPP failed Justin”

This video shows another route (via map)to the swamp if perhaps Justin’s body was driven

That was really hard to watch. I can’t imagine how hard that was on his mom and sister. They seem to be convinced that Justin was murdered, I just can’t understand why not accept the hundreds of offers to donate to hiring a PI on the justice for Justin page. Surely a PI could find the truth

“The OPP failed Justin”

It was heartbreaking to watch his mum, I really feel for them.
Now I can imagine more about that area and I'm scratching my head about the police's version of the event. JMO

It was heartbreaking to watch his mum, I really feel for them.
Now I can imagine more about that area and I'm scratching my head about the police's version of the event. JMO

Neither version makes much sense, IMO. That’s quite the trek on foot for someone who’s supposedly lost 40-50% blood 1000 feet away. But, that info hasn’t come from LE. Not publicly anyways. I’ve been here on websleuths for many years, and one thing I’ve learned is that if it hasn’t come from LE or MSM, to take it with a grain of salt.

I don’t know why LE would rule Justin’s death a suicide, if there were any indication of foul play. Why put his family thru that agony? LE obviously have more info than what’s been released. If Justin was in fact murdered, then why place his body beside the swamp, when they could have put him IN the swamp? Why risk placing his body anywhere near the trailer park where they could be seen, and why go back and desecrate his memorial after his body had just been found there?

Nothing adds up

Just checking - LE hasn't firmly said suicide yet, right? They've only said they don't suspect a homicide? I think I do remember that LE mentioned suicide to Justin's family but I don't want to jump the gun on how I feel about LE's involvement.
I sooo wish I knew who the 'reliable source' was who gave the 40-50% blood loss statement! I understand the want to be anonymous but I'd like to know the credentials of that person or if this info potentially could be coming second-hand from trusted LE. By the way, 40-50% blood volume for a tall male would be somewhere around...2.5 to 3 liters, so imagine dumping 3 cartons of milk full of blood on the ground.
@Miigo, one potential reason I could think of would be if someone dumping a body wanted it to be found relatively quickly, and was maybe worried that if the body was put in water, it wouldn't be found. If they're promoting a narrative of self-harm the proximity to the home would make sense, but I agree, it's a very risky move.

Last edited:
I would love to know what the injury’s were (slit wrists?)

I would love to know where the phone is

I would love LE to speak up more. If they think it’s a suicide give us some info!

I would love to know what the injury’s were (slit wrists?)

I would love to know where the phone is

I would love LE to speak up more. If they think it’s a suicide give us some info!

Slit wrists are my guess, although it’s possible LE found his phone and that’s how they were able to rule out homicide. Suicide pact with Lucas has crossed my mind a few times as well.

The thing with suicide is that MSM rarely reports on it here in Canada, I honestly don’t think they’re allowed to. Once a death is deemed self inflicted, we don’t hear anything more from LE or MSM.

Slit wrists are my guess, although it’s possible LE found his phone and that’s how they were able to rule out homicide. Suicide pact with Lucas has crossed my mind a few times as well.

The thing with suicide is that MSM rarely reports on it here in Canada, I honestly don’t think they’re allowed to. Once a death is deemed self inflicted, we don’t hear anything more from LE or MSM.
Same in the states. There is no reporting on suicides. This case is still baffling though! I have also wondered how Lucas could be involved.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackparsley
Back