Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #136

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ Tower.. Thank you for your input regarding SAR, you saved me the work I might have otherwise had to gone to to look into it. "It must depend on the jurisdiction" makes perfectly good sense. In the case with Abby and Libby, given the circumstance.. their ages, lack of appropriate clothing for the cold winter evening, drop off point, and the fact that they had never run away or acted in an irresponsible fashion before, was enough reason IMO to keep the search going that night. If one district had been too busy/short staffed to help out.. then you find another district that can help. There should NEVER be a lack of resources in the first, MOST IMPORTANT, hours of a search. NEVER. As for the lights NOT being used the first night.. isn't that a large part of why LE stopped the search around midnight, because they couldn't see the area well enough, thus the danger it might pose to searchers? Then you make the extra effort and get that searchlight up! Respectfully, we can argue these points until "the cows come home," but IMO that search being called off at midnight was mistake #1 in a 4 year old case that STILL HASN'T BEEN SOLVED. IMO ;)

raja said:
If we look at the assumption that some type of DNA like touch DNA was found on the sweatshirt why would it only be on the sweatshirt. I'm not saying that this is the case but you would think there would be other touch DNA on other clothing if that makes any sense. I can not get it out of my mind that the girls were covered, possibly drug through the mud obliterating DNA evidence. Perhaps the sweatshirt was off prior to that. I can not get the picture out of my mind that JBC posted the day after the murders of his dogs rolling in mud. This is certainly an out there thought but it keeps coming back to me.
Hmm. There IS a creek right there. That could be what all that dragging was about.

Last edited:
I actually don't think silence is a bad thing. In the case of DN, LE made a statement to the effect that they were no longer interested in him. If JBC is responsible for the Delphi murders, LE has no time constraints since he's already behind bars. Just praying that the girls' families get answers.

If we look at the assumption that some type of DNA like touch DNA was found on the sweatshirt why would it only be on the sweatshirt. I'm not saying that this is the case but you would think there would be other touch DNA on other clothing if that makes any sense. I can not get it out of my mind that the girls were covered, possibly drug through the mud obliterating DNA evidence. Perhaps the sweatshirt was off prior to that. I can not get the picture out of my mind that JBC posted the day after the murders of his dogs rolling in mud. This is certainly an out there thought but it keeps coming back to me.

yes, could be..mOO

Hi

I haven't been here for a long time, but check several times a week if the thread status has changed. Still. With such a horrific crime I really didn't think we would still be looking for the perpetrator 4.5 years on, terrifying.

I've just come across JC and, although I know LG's sister has said that with every suspect the public have been convinced that they're a spot on likeness to the perp, but really JC :eek: when I saw his pictures my jaw dropped. Could just be wishful thinking I guess.

I know this is really annoying so don't feel obliged to respond but, I haven't kept up with the threads and wonder if anything significant has been updated. I see you are currently discussing dragging, DNA and a sweatshirt? If it's quick and easy enough I'd really appreciate a catch-up.

Hope you are are well :)

Hi

I haven't been here for a long time, but check several times a week if the thread status has changed. Still. With such a horrific crime I really didn't think we would still be looking for the perpetrator 4.5 years on, terrifying.

I've just come across JC and, although I know LG's sister has said that with every suspect the public have been convinced that they're a spot on likeness to the perp, but really JC :eek: when I saw his pictures my jaw dropped. Could just be wishful thinking I guess.

I know this is really annoying so don't feel obliged to respond but, I haven't kept up with the threads and wonder if anything significant has been updated. I see you are currently discussing dragging, DNA and a sweatshirt? If it's quick and easy enough I'd really appreciate a catch-up.

Hope you are are well :)

no updates
if you mean the new poi.. the family is certain its not him

"New" details about dragging, one tiny bit of sweatshirt touch DNA, etc. are from a Grey Hughes podcast with a caller who claims to know someone getting inside info.

There has been nothing new, officially.

can I know exactly what differentiates between one podcast or youtuber info from another ? cause def some were considered rumors and were deleted and some are allowed ?
A very good question. I had one podcast that I posted where the hosts didn't offer a theory but merely interviewed some local members of the community. It was promptly deleted. And yet Gray Hughes interviews others on the air and it is allowed. There has to be some criteria I'm missing.

can I know exactly what differentiates between one podcast or youtuber info from another ? cause def some were considered rumors and were deleted and some are allowed ?

I'm curious about this as well.

I'm not sure if it's directly stated anywhere on the site but, to offer as concise of a "guess" as I can, I would say Credibility.
I believe I've heard reference to admins on this site trusting Gray as a source because he has proven to vet his guests well and keeps the "rumor mongering" to a minimum (or just doesn't allow it). Other sources may be admitted on a one-off approval depending on what content is found in them. I'm certainly no moderator here though and I haven't been around nearly as long as some other contributors so perhaps someone else could provide a more accurate response. Or, if you'd like to see if a moderator will chime in, you could hit the report button on your post and just add a note asking if a Mod might have more info.

On the GH topic, that video he posted about 2 weeks ago with the caller who had "insider" info was interesting but I was a bit surprised because GH seems to typically only allow discussion of things LE has put out there/known facts in his videos....

Last edited:
On the GH topic, that video he posted about 2 weeks ago with the caller who had "insider" info was interesting but I was a bit surprised because GH seems to typically only allow discussion of things LE has put out there/known facts in his videos....

Well, don't you dare question him about it on his channel. He has an ego the size of Everest!

anyway..I already knew about the so called ( info ) cause the insider person in question already was posting it and other stuff elsewhere ..
especially the DNA thing ..the dragging might be the new bit and its the bit I might doubt ...
I can tell you the source seems to be consistent in his claims

Last edited:
one of the million questions
how would they know it was all over by 3:30 ..assuming they mean staging the scene and all that ?
and assuming the source is legit ..how would they be able to know bg was still around for exactly how long while dad arrives on the scene ?

one solution is a very informative full audio .. but what kind of audio would tell you this person is there or isn't ?

how would they know it was all over by 3:30 ..assuming they mean staging the scene and all that ?
and assuming the source is legit ..how would they be able to know bg was still around for exactly how long while dad arrives on the scene ?

one solution is a very informative full audio .. but what kind of audio would tell you this person is there or isn't ?
GH and his caller speculate that the police have other video of BG leaving the area, probably surveillance footage.

But why, then, would LE not release this? If it exists, info about the killer's path out might be the trigger for someone who saw something along that route to come forward.

Ive wondered this as well but, like many things in this case, LE's words can be taken to mean more than one thing and they never clarify what they mean. "All over" could mean the murder itself, could mean staging, could mean the perp was gone completely/or just on his way out, etc. I wonder if maybe there were some other cameras somewhere that they may have caught a glimpse of him leaving? Trail cams (if they existed?) or maybe from a business that had security cams?

Well, don't you dare question him about it on his channel. He has an ego the size of Everest!

LOL that def. seems true haha. I've watched some of his videos and while I can understand being annoyed at trolls who call in; I'm not a fan of the yelling at/making fun of people who have different points of view. There are more respectful ways of pointing out when people are wrong or discussing things when people disagree with you imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member