UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have the police ever asked any questions about this car ? I always thought they wanted to know about the truck !?
It’s a police tactic - the team already have many of the pieces. Did the team position the appeal video screen strategically or was it an accident it was outside a suspects home? The bus cctv and the Astra van appeal - is purely showing the perps - give yourself up - we can see you. Alleyway man isn’t about alleyway man - it’s about white coat - the perps know they have been seen. They may be fooling some people but they’re not fooling the police

It’s a police tactic - the team already have many of the pieces. Did the team position the appeal video screen strategically or was it an accident it was outside a suspects home? The bus cctv and the Astra van appeal - is purely showing the perps - give yourself up - we can see you. Alleyway man isn’t about alleyway man - it’s about white coat - the perps know they have been seen. They may be fooling some people but they’re not fooling the police
In that case , the police are not fooling them … after nearly 13 years !

If the police know who it, why did they arrest the 4 and the others?

Last edited:
Although in my mind disappearance being on way to work on the 19th seems more realistic (personal opinion) I am very respectful of others who have clearly looked into and cared about this case for a long time and believe evening 18th . Ok so if we go with it being evening 18th around 8 30pm onwards and the white car relevant I just can't get my head around how she left home by force or voluntarily without being seen or heard. I appreciate you could say the same about 5am but far more people awake evenings even late. If left voluntarily most likely based on above thoughts presumably intended straight to work in the morning from new location by taking her rucksack with chefs whites in.

Although in my mind disappearance being on way to work on the 19th seems more realistic (personal opinion) I am very respectful of others who have clearly looked into and cared about this case for a long time and believe evening 18th . Ok so if we go with it being evening 18th around 8 30pm onwards and the white car relevant I just can't get my head around how she left home by force or voluntarily without being seen or heard. I appreciate you could say the same about 5am but far more people awake evenings even late. If left voluntarily most likely based on above thoughts presumably intended straight to work in the morning from new location by taking her rucksack with chefs whites in.

Sadly until NYP decide they are able to disclose where she was when she made the calls to her parents on the 18th we are left in limbo yet again as to wether its her Heworth home or another location we should be focusing on.
It left me wondering if she wasnt at home when she made those calls why cant the location she was at be made public? Who knows what direction that might take the investigation.

Just thinking outloud
IMO

Completely agree. On a different note one of the reasons I have always believed the initial view of 19th way to work theory is the two different witnesses . At 5 30 am and 6 10am we never will of course but would be so helpful to know how confident it was CL these witnesses were. There surely can't be many people out that time in the morning on her route to work on foot that look like her and as far as I know neither of these sightings have ever come forward ?.

The police beleive she was at home when she made the calls plus that she left usual time to go to work!
There is no need for us to doubt this .
The police want someone to come forward
They probably have but only with suspicions.
There is only one person in the whole world that knows where she is .
And IMO it’s the mystery boyfriend.

If the police know who it, why did they arrest the 4 and the others?
Any investigation - can be complex - the lawrance case - just look at the volume of evidence the team had to go through - over 2000 pieces of evidence - countless witness statements - fingers will be pointed and lines have to be investigated - though in the end the case rests in Heworth on the shoulders of people known to Claudia.

The police beleive she was at home when she made the calls plus that she left usual time to go to work!
She wasn’t seen anywhere on the 19th? Was she at home or was she in Heworth? If she went to work on the 19th - why did her phone remain close to her home some four hours after she failed to turn up work, why didn’t she text anyone after 8.23pm on the 18th - the “avid texter”? The mystery boyfriend maybe - though the 18th

The NYP website only makes reference to her using her phone and the times in their timeline. The accompaning video of the reconstruction it says 'We cant be sure but we think she was at home when she took that call'

19:27
Claudia and her father, Peter Lawrence, speak on the phone.

20:08 – 20:27
Claudia exchanges texts with friends.

20:04 – 20:14
Claudia and her mother, Joan Lawrence, speak on the phone.

21:12
Last text received on Claudia’s phone. She does not reply to this text.
Claudia Lawrence uses her telephone

She wasn’t seen anywhere on the 19th? Was she at home or was she in Heworth? If she went to work on the 19th - why did her phone remain close to her home some four hours after she failed to turn up work, why didn’t she text anyone after 8.23pm on the 18th - the “avid texter”? The mystery boyfriend maybe - though the 18th
You say … with respect … that she was not seen on the 19 th
The police believe she was seen by two different people and they ( police ) believed the witnesses !
And since no one has come forward saying it was them ( couple ) it would be logical to assume he was the perpetrator and the woman was the victim !

I guess around March 18th in York sunset would be about 6pm. Claudia lived in a terraced house on a busy main road with a thriving pub yards away. Neighbours were probably used to commotion outside their doors. Unless you had a curtain twitcher people who have been working or have children are too busy in an evening to care what's going on. She could have nipped out the back door or equally left by the front door with a trusted acquaintance. No need to holler or yell for help. All IMO

The police believe she was seen by two different people and they ( police ) believed the witnesses !
And since no one has come forward saying it was them ( couple ) it would be logical to assume he was the perpetrator and the woman was the victim !
Or there were no people.

PJ with repect this is not the case the male and female on the bridge and the couple arguing on University road have not been identified and it was pointed out by Galloway that NYP do not know that the female in each case was Claudia

skip video to 12.17

I guess around March 18th in York sunset would be about 6pm. Claudia lived in a terraced house on a busy main road with a thriving pub yards away. Neighbours were probably used to commotion outside their doors. Unless you had a curtain twitcher people who have been working or have children are too busy in an evening to care what's going on. She could have nipped out the back door or equally left by the front door with a trusted acquaintance. No need to holler or yell for help. All IMO

Good point @Thelastleg I was looking at sunrise and sunset times earlier. March is a dark Month sunrise on 18th 6.11am Sunset 18.16 - 19th 6.09 Sunset 18.16 Neighbours would have doors would be closed curtains drawn and most likely tv on in the evenings.. Looking at the sunrise times Claudia's start time would be before sunrise on the 18th & 19th.
Sunrise and sunset times in York, March 2009

The morning sightings.

over a period of days in general we can become confused about what happened on which day. Unless you have some kind of reference point I.e. “I had a dentist appointment and I was travelling to it and I saw a car pulled over door flung open etc etc.” If you are just recalling another day at work - it could be one of many days. Which brings me to the two reported sightings - the hooded left handed smoker and the door flung open sighting. Let’s just say they did happen - how about the left handed smoker was someone who put the fear of god into Claudia - perhaps just someone who made her feel uneasy and she wanted to avoid on the way to work - not linked to her disappearance but frightened her enough to tell her parents she didn’t like walking to work. The door flung open could have been on the morning of the 18th after the night of Paddy’s day - when oxer reported she looked “rough” an all-nighter with a new boyfriend. Could he have dropped her at work? Some kind of argument? Maybe A.C. - leading onto events in the evening?

Personally I think it would be a mistake to dismiss the importance of Alleyman!

Malyn said that a man pictured by a CCTV camera in Lime Court, Heworth Road, walking near to Lawrence’s house at the time of her disappearance “remains the most important person to trace”.

CPS will not charge four men for Claudia Lawrence murder

PJ with repect this is not the case the male and female on the bridge and the couple arguing on University road have not been identified and it was pointed out by Galloway that NYP do not know that the female in each case was Claudia

skip video to 12.17
Agreed but the police put it out there and even after nearly 13 years no one has come forward confirming it was them and not Claudia and the perpetrator…so it’s logical to assume it was Claudia.I’m going to leave it at that IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member