US Virgin Is - Sarm Joan Lillian Heslop, 41, British, aboard vessel Siren Song, St. John, 7 Mar 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarm Heslop boyfriend, friends deny police claims that cops ‘don’t know where’ Ryan Bane is

“I can state that I personally advised law enforcement of Mr. Bane’s movements while in the Territory and about his departure from the U.S. Virgin Islands,” Cattie told Fox News. “I further advised law enforcement that if Mr. Bane’s presence is legally required in the Territory, he will return upon such a demand.”

Cattie added: “Mr. Bane had nothing to do with Sarm’s disappearance and remains heartbroken that she is missing.”

A group that refers to itself as “Friends of Heslop” also told Fox News that authorities likely know where Bane is located.

“We are aware that Ryan Bane is no longer in an area under the VIPD jurisdiction, however, we believe his location is known to police. The investigation is ongoing and we continue to do everything we can to assist,” the group said, according to Fox News.
I intensely dislike RB but his attorney comes in a close second. IMO they are both liars. The article is filled with double talk.

Sadly, IMO even if RB did have a change of heart it's likely too late to gather any forensics of value. You can discard items and steam clean and bleach a whole lot in 6 months. Scratches heal and you can be very far away before LE catches up to you.

Poor Sarm. She traveled halfway around the world to be with a man she loved and look what he did.

I intensely dislike RB but his attorney comes in a close second. IMO they are both liars. The article is filled with double talk.

Sadly, IMO even if RB did have a change of heart it's likely too late to gather any forensics of value. You can discard items and steam clean and bleach a whole lot in 6 months. Scratches heal and you can be very far away before LE catches up to you.

Poor Sarm. She traveled halfway around the world to be with a man she loved and look what he did.
There may be electronic evidence- the GPS on his phone or her phone, wifi records from radios she passed on shore or in the digny on the way back or somewhere else, the dingy itself may have GPS, the boat etc... Who has all her personal belongings? A favorite ring she takes off at night? or a necklace that might tell you if she came back to the boat or not.

On the Insta 'Find Sarm' page it seems the friends say that the press don't seem to want to repeat the same story about Sarm unless there's new info regarding her disappearance.
It must be so difficult keeping cases such as this in the public eye without continued media support.
A lot of missing persons can simply be forgotten too soon.

Detectives admit they've 'lost' missing British woman Sarm Heslop's boyfriend | Daily Mail Online

• Police admitted they 'don't know' where American skipper Ryan Bane now is
  • The 44-year-old is 'the only person of interest' in disappearance, police said

This article is over a month old and has been disputed by numerous including Heslop's camp.

I do support just simply keeping her name out there though! I think I'm in the same boat as most on this case and without some form of closure, it's going to be a frustrating end

I seem to have missed seeing this, now a few weeks old. Not much that we didn’t know already but still good to know it’s still in the news. So for anyone interested here it is..

Yahoo is now a part of Verizon Media

He had watched Netflix for a bit in the main cabin before falling asleep, while Heslop slept in a separate cabin. He stated the couple had been drinking during the evening.

That’s news to me, I thought they had been watching Netflix together. Am I the only who didn’t know this?

No, you're not. This is new information afaik, and seems to have come from the new(ish) release of the coastguard's logs referred to in that item (also new information afaik).

Another thing I didn't know is that he left the yacht and took the dinghy to shore to report her disappearance to the police. Why would he do that? Why would he need to do that? Couldn't he have used a cellphone from the yacht or do it by radio? If you believed your girlfriend had fallen overboard, wouldn't it be fantastically counterintuitive to leave the yacht? If you absolutely had to go to shore, wouldn't you raise the alarm with other nearby boats before you did so, in case she surfaced and needed help while you were gone? Or ask someone from a nearby boat to go to shore and alert the police so you could stay?

In other words, everything that happened in the middle of the night - before the lawyer got involved (one presumes) - is just as incomprehensible as what happened in the days afterwards. It makes me newly suspicious of RB tbh.

JMO

I seem to have missed seeing this, now a few weeks old. Not much that we didn’t know already but still good to know it’s still in the news. So for anyone interested here it is..

Yahoo is now a part of Verizon Media

He had watched Netflix for a bit in the main cabin before falling asleep, while Heslop slept in a separate cabin. He stated the couple had been drinking during the evening.
Thanks for the update! Well, it confirms what many of us had already suspected; that alcohol was in play that night. And while it may be that Bane disclosed that Sarm was sleeping in a different cabin in order to bolster his story that he wasn't aware that she had gotten up it also indicates (to me) that the couple may have been fighting.

So, hot-headed man with DV in his past, alcohol and some reason why they each slept alone that night may equal a fight that ended badly.

I wish friends and family would stop being so soft and polite on LE. It hasn't done any good so far and maybe it's time for some heavy criticism to rain down. And the UK police forces... I only wish a tenth of time, money (around £11.75 million) and interest could be spent on Sarm that Scotland Yard and the Metropolitan Police Force has spent on Madeleine McCann. Not to diminish Madeleine's case but think about the effort invested compared to the relative disinterest in Sarm. Bah.

No, you're not. This is new information afaik, and seems to have come from the new(ish) release of the coastguard's logs referred to in that item (also new information afaik).

Another thing I didn't know is that he left the yacht and took the dinghy to shore to report her disappearance to the police. Why would he do that? Why would he need to do that? Couldn't he have used a cellphone from the yacht or do it by radio? If you believed your girlfriend had fallen overboard, wouldn't it be fantastically counterintuitive to leave the yacht? If you absolutely had to go to shore, wouldn't you raise the alarm with other nearby boats before you did so, in case she surfaced and needed help while you were gone? Or ask someone from a nearby boat to go to shore and alert the police so you could stay?

In other words, everything that happened in the middle of the night - before the lawyer got involved (one presumes) - is just as incomprehensible as what happened in the days afterwards. It makes me newly suspicious of RB tbh.

JMO

Thanks for your reply good to hear I’m not the only one that didn’t know Sarm was sleeping in a separate room that night.
I mentioned quite a while back re RB going ashore in his dinghy to see police. I thought it seemed really off. Who would do that just after your partner goes missing. I should think most people would stay in the area and get the police to come to you. In the meantime alert people nearby. I remember thinking he did that because he didn’t want the police hanging round his yacht.

Missing Sarm Heslop: Parents urge Raab to help investigation | ITV News

In a letter, issued yesterday morning, they explain their frustration at the lack of information provided by operator of the catamaran on which Sarm was living and working.

Parents of Southampton woman missing in the Caribbean plead for Government help

Her family say they have endured a living hell trying to piece together what may have happened to the 41-year-old.

They are now pleading for Dominic Raab to help with the investigation.

My concern is will the Minister have the time to get involved, considering his name was plastered in all the British newspapers yesterday. Unfortunately it is rotten timing!

This is an interesting quote from that article, attributed to a former FBI agent:
"If the boat belonged to Joe Blow, or the boyfriend, or even her, but she didn't go missing from the boat, maybe then they wouldn't be able to get a search warrant," he said. "But she went missing, probably, from the boat. There's enough probable cause there to get a search warrant."

It's been suggested a few times that perhaps Sarm never made it back to the boat in the first place, but to me, if that was true, it would have been better for RB to say so, e.g. that they had a row and she stormed off. That would have weakened the suggestion that there was anything on the boat to find and reduced the likelihood of a warrant application being successful.

The fact that he admitted she was last seen on the boat, even though he really, really didn't/doesn't want it searched makes me think that it's true, and that whatever happened to her did happen there.

JMO

This is an interesting quote from that article, attributed to a former FBI agent:
"If the boat belonged to Joe Blow, or the boyfriend, or even her, but she didn't go missing from the boat, maybe then they wouldn't be able to get a search warrant," he said. "But she went missing, probably, from the boat. There's enough probable cause there to get a search warrant."

It's been suggested a few times that perhaps Sarm never made it back to the boat in the first place, but to me, if that was true, it would have been better for RB to say so, e.g. that they had a row and she stormed off. That would have weakened the suggestion that there was anything on the boat to find and reduced the likelihood of a warrant application being successful.

The fact that he admitted she was last seen on the boat, even though he really, really didn't/doesn't want it searched makes me think that it's true, and that whatever happened to her did happen there.

JMO
There could have been very important information on that boat that a trained investigator might take note of. Jewelry, clothes, was the bed slept in, did she brush her teeth, what was the last GPS on the autopilot and on and on. Proof she was even on that boat that night and where that boat actually was.

It makes no sense that a search warrant was denied and it makes one suspicious of corruption.

There could have been very important information on that boat that a trained investigator might take note of. Jewelry, clothes, was the bed slept in, did she brush her teeth, what was the last GPS on the autopilot and on and on. Proof she was even on that boat that night and where that boat actually was.

It makes no sense that a search warrant was denied and it makes one suspicious of corruption.

Tourist industry is paramount. The country has to keep this quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member