Still Missing CA - Kristin Smart, 19, San Luis Obispo, 25 May 1996 *arrests* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am absolutely disgusted by his long, long history of vile predatory behavior. I'm even more disgusted that he was allowed to get away with it this entire time. I sincerely feel for all of the women he's harmed. The physical pain may be gone, but the emotional toll can be immense and everlasting.

I read each one of those victim statements, and I feel so much like these young women were never told its not your fault, what you experienced is not okay, what he did was never okay. This shouldn't have happened to you.

Reading how one victim thought she was just really drunk, before she had any idea that drugging women was PFs modus operandi...She didn't even know if sexual acts were consensual, likely thinking because she was intoxicated, she may have been at least partly responsible for her own assault. This breaks my heart. How traumatic.

After years of no closure, no justice, no validation, just shame and regret and trauma from the events you've lived through...this leads to questioning your own sanity. Not knowing if it was your fault, if you should report it, if anything will come from it other than reliving all these painful moments in the court of law.

I feel so terrible for these women, thinking it was ever their fault. So enraged that women reported him only for nothing to ever come of it. What a hopeless feeling. A fast way to lose faith in those who are meant to protect us.

And the boys, the young men! The ones at the parties seeing him do these abhorrent things to their female friends and classmates. WHERE WERE THESE MEN WHEN THEY WERE NEEDED MOST!? PF had a reputation, his nickname was Psycho Paul for crying out loud. Why was he even allowed through the door of these parties when people knew he was at the very least, a total creep!?

I do find some solace knowing that he'll never have the opportunity to hurt another woman again. P and F and their enabling matriarch all need to rot in jail for the monster they've enabled to terrorize so many people. moo.

Well said @JMapes. I am enraged as well.
I’ll bet PF drugged Kristin. We will never know due to the ineptitude and/or cover-up by SLO LE, DA, and CalPoly, etc. JMO

DBM duplicate post.

Last edited:

Would anyone care to share some of these new details from the link? ( there is a paywall at the Tribune )

https://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/local/article252836598.html
On the night of Kristin Smart’s disappearance in 1996, a “hyperactive” Paul Flores spent the evening at an off-campus party hitting on the 19-year-old Cal Poly student and other women to the point one attendee warned her to “stay away from that guy,” according to detailed witness accounts included in recently unsealed court documents. ...
The document also suggests a scenario in which Flores could have removed Smart’s body from his dorm room without being noticed.

The court filing lays out how investigators caught inconsistencies in Flores’ story during a series of interviews in the weeks following Smart’s disappearance, and it details how four cadaver dogs repeatedly alerted to Flores’ room during three forensic searches of Santa Lucia Hall.

Nancy Grace: Kristin Smart Was ‘Obviously Drugged’ When She Left Party Where She Was Last Seen With Paul Flores

Paul Flores, 44, is the prime suspect in disappearance and presumed death of 19-year-old Smart in 1996, when both were students at California State Polytechnic University. Flores and his father, Ruben Flores, were arrested in April after investigators searched their homes.

While Paul Flores has been charged with murder, Ruben Flores was arrested at his Arroyo Grande residence on a charge of “accessory after the fact of a felony,” CrimeOnline previously reported.

Hi all!

I have been following this and the podcast (Yourownbackyard) and wondered if anyone knows where to find the unsealed documents? Not just articles of media talking about it, I would like to read the documents if they are out there somewhere...Thanks!

Hi all!

I have been following this and the podcast (Yourownbackyard) and wondered if anyone knows where to find the unsealed documents? Not just articles of media talking about it, I would like to read the documents if they are out there somewhere...Thanks!
I'm looking for that as well but I don't know where

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member