Litlstar04

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
08-12-2003 08:45 PM

DoyleModerator

http://www.findkristinsmart.org/ QuickQuote

Up2theminuteRed White & Blonde

Missing Persons Cold Case Network file: Kristin Denise SmartVital Statistics at Time of Disappearance Missing Since: May 25, 1996 from San Luis Obispo, California Classification: Endangered Missing Date Of Birth: February 20, 1977 Age: 19 years old Height and Weight: 6'1; 145 pounds Distinguishing Characteristics: Dark blonde hair, brown eyes. Smart's nicknames are "Roxy" and "Scritter." She had a tan at the time of her May 1996 disappearance. Details of Disappearancehttp://www.angelfire.com/mi3/mpccn/ksmart.html

jatContender

Does anyone know why www.sonofsusan.com has been disabled? Will it be activated again?Thanks!jat

Jat, I don't know. I wasn't even aware of it until after you mentioned it and I clicked on the link. I checked the Smart family website and there's no mention about it. In fact they still mention the sonofsusan website and provide a link. Maybe it's just a technical problem.

I just checked again now and www.sonofsusan.com is back up there. Must have been a technical problem. I thought maybe Paul Flores gave in and cooperated, as the message always says the website will be taken down once he does. Oh well, wishful thinking.

Litlstar04Bronze

I checked it out today, and it looks like we have a civil trial coming up for PF! Should be interesting to see all of the evidence against him presented in a court of law.

jatContender

Wow! That is pretty interesting. Thanks for the info.

Oh my God, this is absolutely great news! I'll have to talk more about this later!

Litlstar04Bronze

I just checked the son of susan site today, and Dennis goes into great detail about the case through an email that Kristin's mom sent him. It sounds promising, but I'm still not ready to get my hopes up that this civil trial will bring resolution for the Smart family. Unbelievably, the Sheriff's department is refusing to give the Smart's lawyer what info they have! They're even fighting the subpoena. Now, why would they do this? So, if the lawyers don't have new info. when they go in front of a judge in November, the judge can throw out the case, allowing Paul to walk away from this once again. I'm going to try to see if there's some victim's organization or something that helps families out in times like this. It's so frustrating!

Oh that is crap. What is wrong with them?! I really feel it's because they had/have info that they know to others would look like they blatantly neglected to follow up on and they're worried that the family may sue them too. Oh well, too bad. The family has every right to do what they have to do in order to find some sort of resolution with this case. It's been over seven years now. Just because the lines between the role of campus police and city police were blurry back then shouldn't mean that there is no way to legally work things out now.
*My opinions and examination of case info based on news, media, and other knowledgeable sources.*Just Put the fork down.... Last edited by Up2theminute on 09-25-2003 at 01:44 AM

Litlstar04Bronze

Still waiting for news on the police department fighting the subpoena. In the meantime, for the sake of speculation, let's pretend that LE has to hand their reports over. Has anyone heard of a situation where there's a civil trial before the criminal trial? Do you think a criminal trial is a possibility after the civil trial in this case?

rachelContender

Lil'star: yes, from what i understood from reading the sonofsusan website, a criminal and civil lawsuit can be totally unrelated. There can be a civil trial, and then a criminal trial....I hope that DM and the smarts get that little creep!Did you read on the website that "kristin isn't considered a victim because there isn't a body!" unbelievable!

Litlstar04Bronze

http://www.sonofsusan.com/NewsGood.html

That's great news, looking forward to hearing the updates and everything on it soon. I can't wait till we can "know" everything!

Litlstar04Bronze

quote: While invoking the Fifth Amendment can't be held against a person in criminal court, it can be used in civil court. from http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/7391.htmI found this in an article about Etan Patz, but I thought it was also relevant to Kristin's case. They're so going to get PF

Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:
Paul Flores arrested in 1996 disappearance of Cal Poly student Kristin Smart
''Nearly 25 years after Kristin Smart vanished while walking back to her dorm at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, authorities on Tuesday arrested a longtime person of interest in the case, law enforcement sources said.

Paul Flores, long described as a “prime suspect” by authorities, was taken into custody by San Luis Obispo County sheriff’s officials. In the past, he has denied any wrongdoing.

Flores’ father also was arrested Tuesday morning, sources said.

The San Luis Obispo Sheriff’s Office said Sheriff Ian Parkinson would announce “major developments” in the case at a news conference scheduled for 2 p.m.''

Paul Flores is shown at his home on Feb. 5, 2020, when his home and car were searched by sheriff’s deputies.
(Carolyn Cole / Los Angeles Times)

'Major developments' to be announced in Kristin Smart cold case | abc10.com
''SAN LUIS OBISPO, Calif. — The San Luis Obispo County Sheriff's Office plans to announce "major developments" in the case of Kristin Smart.

No other information was given in the announcement. The family of Kristin Smart plans to issue a statement following the announcement by the San Luis Obispo County Sheriff's Office.

San Luis Obispo County Sheriff Ian Parkinson scheduled the news conference for 2 p.m. Tuesday at California Polytechnic State University in San Luis Obispo, where Smart was a student when she vanished in 1996.''
rbbm.

I bet they found her body on the dad's property, right where that beeping noise was heard (and which the FBI failed to dig up, IIRC).

The hero of this story is the podcaster who put together the case for them, showed where the gaps were, and established that there was at least one witness to the ear ring being near the dad's house.

Megan Healy @MeganHealyTV 1m
According to booking logs, Ruben Flores has been charged with accessory (32PC). His bail is set at $250,000 #KristinSmart @KSBY

32 PC - Accessory After The Fact - California Penal Code

"Penal Code 32 PC is the California statute making it a crime to be an accessory after the fact. This is a person who harbors, conceals, or aids someone else with knowledge that this other person committed a felony, and does so in order to protect the other person from arrest, trial, conviction, or sentencing. A conviction is a felony that can lead to up to three years in California state prison."

I bet they found her body on the dad's property, right where that beeping noise was heard (and which the FBI failed to dig up, IIRC).

The hero of this story is the podcaster who put together the case for them, showed where the gaps were, and established that there was at least one witness to the ear ring being near the dad's house.

that was at the other house. they rented that one, the dad has always lived at this one.

Megan Healy @MeganHealyTV 44s
'Accessory' means "person who, after a felony has been committed, harbors, conceals or aids a principal in such felony, with the intent that said principal may avoid or escape from arrest, trial, conviction or punishment, having knowledge that..." 1/2

Megan Healy @MeganHealyTV 10m
Replying to @MeganHealyTV
'...said principal has committed such felony or has been charged with such felony or convicted thereof, is an accessory to such felony." 2/2

Megan Healy @MeganHealyTV
2m
No activity at Susan Flores’ home in AG this morning. I tried knocking on the door but know answer. @KSBY

Last edited:
Watching the live coverage by Chris on Instagram. He just said they are going to dismantle the deck?
I am so happy for the Smart family and all who love Kristin, this is a LONG LONG time coming. Hoping for justice to follow!

It looks like they’re digging under the deck.

‘San Luis Obispo Sheriff's Office personnel dig in an area in the backyard of the home of Ruben Flores, Tuesday, March 16, 2021, in Arroyo Grande, Calif. Flores is the father of Paul Flores, who remains the prime suspect in the disappearance of Kristin Smart in 1996.’ (AP Photo/Daniel Dreifuss)

Arrest made in Kristin Smart disappearance: report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member