UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do door bell cameras actually have the footage inside them? Is there some kind of hard drive that can't be tampered with? I have a cctv camera but the recordings are held on a totally separate box,you wouldn't need the camera itself. Are door bell cams different?

I think most doorbell camera store the footage on the cloud rather than locally but not 100% sure.

It could be the case here, that the family thought to remove the doorbell cam (knowing the police would request any footage from it if they knew they had one) but didn't realise the damage it would do the frame highlighting that something was once in it's place. MOO

ETA: or of course the police just chose to remove the whole unit

EDIT TO CORRECT: reports state police did seize the unit

Last edited:
That's what I've read. You seem surprised, why is that?

Loads of kids are testing positive for it at the moment. But that doesn’t necessarily mean they are “sick” but he would have been required to isolate. So maybe when neighbours have been asked about it they mean he had to miss the last day or so of school (which is v sad
It is true that parents would normally be present for interviews of minors. In their absence, an appropriate adult would be assigned, such as a social worker. However, we don't yet know the nature of the relationship between the 13 year old and Logan. They may or may not be brothers, and they may not share a parent at all if the 13 year old is the child of the male being interviewed and not the son of the female. So, there may be be another parent on the scene who can attend.

True - I suspect the minor is related to the male adult, but not the female but they were all living together.

However, would it not be the case that the arrests of all 3 are to prevent the other adults crafting evidence to protect the minor in such circumstances? If they are all under arrest then a third party (other parent/social worker) will have to be present and NOT anyone else who was in the house that night who could potentially be covering or changing stories to fit new/alternative explanations?

I suppose I am just saddened that potentially 3 people could be involved in a murder. Less saddened if there has been some awful accident/incident that precipitated a late night/early cover up involving trying to secrete a child’s body into a river (foolish - but people do stupid things in extreme circumstances). Trying to keep an open mind every which way.

That’s shocking- although I’m still in slight disbelief that the family was up at 5.30, neighbour was up at shortly after and another neighbour was up at 4.45- think the press are desperate for quotes.

Yes, it is shocking to read. However, some people may be up very early for shift work and others may be unable to sleep due to anxiety - especially with the Covid situation - so I'm not altogether surprised that others were also awake.

I think most doorbell camera store the footage on the cloud rather than locally but not 100% sure.

It could be the case here, that the family thought to remove the doorbell cam (knowing the police would request any footage from it if they knew they had one) but didn't realise the damage it would do the frame highlighting that something was once in it's place. MOO

ETA: or of course the police just chose to remove the whole unit

EDIT TO CORRECT: reports state police did seize the unit

If the property was rented, they may not even have known the doorbell was the camera type

If the property was rented, they may not even have known the doorbell was the camera type

I have friends who have the Ring type ones and they are quite distinctive (and noisy) and would be obvious, are there other types that look like a normal doorbell? That would make sense so it isn't obvious to an intruder but would the police then know how to access the footage?

I have friends who have the Ring type ones and they are quite distinctive (and noisy) and would be obvious, are there other types that look like a normal doorbell? That would make sense so it isn't obvious to an intruder but would the police then know how to access the footage?

My guess is the the Police has already reviewed the footage of the doorcam from the mobile phone or other device that has the recording.
They have removed the whole door cam unit as it's evidence for a future/[potential trial imo.

Last edited:
I do wonder if the older boy could have been dabbling in things he shouldn’t have been dabbling in and the younger one was either given or took some. If a genuine accident occurred, it doesn’t make any sense why they would try and cover it up unless there was foul play.

I do wonder if the older boy could have been dabbling in things he shouldn’t have been dabbling in and the younger one was either given or took some. If a genuine accident occurred, it doesn’t make any sense why they would try and cover it up unless there was foul play.

It's just so sad.
Poor little boy.
I'm sure the PM results will be interesting.

It is understood Logan had been isolating for two weeks with his mum Angharad Williamson and stepdad Jay Cole while recovering from Covid.

One close friend told The Sun the family had recently returned from a trip to Blackpool.

Their last day of self-isolation was Saturday - when the youngster was found dead.

The friend said Angharad collapsed soon after arriving at hospital when doctors told her Logan could not be saved.

Cops seize doorcam after boy, 5, 'murdered after isolating with mum & stepdad'

I'm starting to believe the mum genuinely thought Logan had gone out the door himself and if true must be absolutely beyond devastated. Definately think its been to do with the 13 yr old who I believe is the half brother (wonder if they shared a bedroom) and either he alone has took Logan to the river or his dad helped cover it up?

All MOO

It is understood Logan had been isolating for two weeks with his mum Angharad Williamson and stepdad Jay Cole while recovering from Covid.

One close friend told The Sun the family had recently returned from a trip to Blackpool.

Their last day of self-isolation was Saturday - when the youngster was found dead.

The friend said Angharad collapsed soon after arriving at hospital when doctors told her Logan could not be saved.

Cops seize doorcam after boy, 5, 'murdered after isolating with mum & stepdad'

I'm starting to believe the mum genuinely thought Logan had gone out the door himself and if true must be absolutely beyond devastated. Definately think its been to do with the 13 yr old who I believe is the half brother (wonder if they shared a bedroom) and either he alone has took Logan to the river or his dad helped cover it up?

All MOO

It'll be interesting to see who, if anyone, gets released on bail/ without charge/ charged

Last edited:
Isolating with covid, while perfectly plausible, is making me raise a cynical eyebrow. It should be easy enough to prove or disprove, at least.

Edited to elaborate - Mikaeel Kular and Liam Fee weigh heavy on my mind when a child who's been 'ill' and secluded turns up dead.

Logan was seen by neighbours a few days before:

Police seize doorcam footage as boy, 5, found dead while ‘isolating with Covid'

"A couple, who live on the street, said Logan and his mum had knocked on their door just a week earlier after finding a snake in their garden.

The woman said: "I can't believe he has gone. He was so innocent and lovely.

"They knocked on our door not long before he died because they had found a snake
."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member