UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a heartbreaking case. :(

I am struggling to comprehend the thought that the mother was directly involved but then woke up the neighbours by screaming that the back door was open. Surely a mother couldn't murder their child or know that someone else had murdered him and then think "I'd better go outside and start screaming to make this look convincing". o_O I know that it's possible... But it breaks my heart to think about any mother being able to do that. I really hope that's not the case here.

I am also leaning towards this being something to do with the 13yo. It's not often I've seen someone so young be arrested for murder, so LE must have some pretty solid suspicions or evidence already.

My money is on sibling argument the night before, shortly followed by a panicked cover up concocted over night.

Or…at a push… no sibling involvement but it’s ‘better’ for a minor to take the flak.
Possibly......

5 yr old has covid and isolating at home. Day before, child is seen playing football with mom's fiance near the creek. Teen is upset with his little brother because of covid quarantine and being forced to stay home.....

Hope more details are released soon. MOO

Police divers search river where five-year-old's body was found

2 Aug 2021

Two adults and a teenager have been arrested on suspicion of murder after the body of Logan Mwangi, also known as Logan Williamson, was found in the river

[..]

A 39-year-old man, 30-year-old woman and 13-year-old boy were arrested on suspicion of murder on Sunday evening, August 1. Police have since confirmed they are not looking for anyone else in relation to the incident.

South Wales Police responded to a report of concern for a missing five-year-old at 5.45am on Saturday, July 31. A body was found in the Ogmore River near Pandy Park and taken to Princess of Wales Hospital where it was confirmed the child had died.

Possibly......

5 yr old has covid and isolating at home. Day before, child is seen playing football with mom's fiance near the creek. Teen is upset with his little brother because of covid quarantine and being forced to stay home.....

That’s my suspicion, too—the teenager may have been resentful of Logan being the reason for the family’s quarantine, especially if the teen had to cancel plans with his own friends as a result.

What a heartbreaking case. :(

I am struggling to comprehend the thought that the mother was directly involved but then woke up the neighbours by screaming that the back door was open. Surely a mother couldn't murder their child or know that someone else had murdered him and then think "I'd better go outside and start screaming to make this look convincing". o_O I know that it's possible... But it breaks my heart to think about any mother being able to do that. I really hope that's not the case here.

I am also leaning towards this being something to do with the 13yo. It's not often I've seen someone so young be arrested for murder, so LE must have some pretty solid suspicions or evidence already.

I stress that this is purely hypothetical but a woman in a hypothetical abusive or coercive control relationship would do things that those of us not in that situation can't comprehend

JMO/MOO

She may yet be released @Filly. British police can arrest much more easily and quickly than American police (reasonable suspicion - no evidence required). My gut feeling is this is to do with the teenager and an ensuing cover up.

Thank you @CoverMeCagney . Now I have to feel horrible if the poor woman didn't know at first.

Thanks also for the arrest protocol and how we differ from you all across the pond.

Logan is adorable.

Possibly......

I'm in England so don't know if it's different in Wales the DM article quotes a neighbour "He was in the same school as my daughter and for the last few weeks he had Covid and was self isolating" that seesms like a very long time to be in isolation now we only have 10 days to be off school. If they had been cooped up for weeks it could have been a very stressed household

JMO/MOO

I'm in England so don't know if it's different in Wales the DM article quotes a neighbour "He was in the same school as my daughter and for the last few weeks he had Covid and was self isolating" that seesms like a very long time to be in isolation now we only have 10 days to be off school. If they had been cooped up for weeks it could have been a very stressed household

JMO/MOO
Wales has been very strict with covid protocols-- they were very opposed to ceasing the 10-day quarantine for vaccinated travelers entering UK (which goes into effect today).

If Logan tested positive for covid, he must have been on the mend as he was reportedly seen playing football outdoors with the boyfriend on Friday.

ETA: Also, mom had a baby in January. Postpartum issues?

This case breaks my heart! I am wondering too if the teen was jealous of this beautiful child Logan. It is hard to say, maybe just arresting him to separate him from the parents to get to the truth. It seems their "story" didn't add up quickly!

This case breaks my heart! I am wondering too if the teen was jealous of this beautiful child Logan. It is hard to say, maybe just arresting him to separate him from the parents to get to the truth. It seems their "story" didn't add up quickly!

In UK, authorities arrest on suspicion of a crime which allows for the questioning of all three being detained. Ultimately, one or more here will have charges filed against them for murdering young Logan. :(

Tributes to boy, 5, found dead in river as teen & 2 adults arrested for murder

Horrified neighbours reported hearing screams of "the back door was open" coming from the house.

Forensic officers were seen scouring paths leading from the family home in Bridgend to the river, which is less than quarter of a mile away.

Logan was discovered in the water and rushed to hospital, where it was confirmed he had tragically passed away.

The one oddity in all of this is the time at 5.30am. If you were asleep why would you notice your back door was open at this time?, if you were awake why did you not notice your 5 year old was leaving the house immediately.
I can see that. I sometimes go to the bathroom very early like that---and I used to peek in my kid's rooms as I went down the hall.If one was missing I would have run around and checked the doors for sure.

The one oddity in all of this is the time at 5.30am. If you were asleep why would you notice your back door was open at this time?, if you were awake why did you not notice your 5 year old was leaving the house immediately.
I’ve been waking up about 5.30am for the last few weeks because of the sunrise and noisy seagulls. It’s not inconceivable that a parent got up and then noticed the child was not in their bed then realised the door was open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288