Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #70 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever since MG mentioned it to LS, I always thought it was Suzanne wanting Barry to come home to go on an outing with her. I think I thought that because MG was surprised and said she expected to work all day, but Barry cut it short at 11am and gave her the now infamous "make the wife happy/hiking or biking" excuse.

Now we learn, it's Barry that initiated that convo with Suzanne via text. Am I the only one who always just assumed it was the other way around?
I didnt actually think it was real, tbh. Quite surprised now that it was.

Here’s the tweet from yesterday about medication:

https://twitter.com/ashleykktv/status/1424755480048455680?s=21
Investigators say #BarryMorphew told them he and #SuzanneMorphew fought sometimes because he worked too much and he was upset about some medication Suzanne was on. He wanted her to get off the medication. @KKTV11News

(It’s Just my personal speculation that SM referencing “hydro” could be shorthand for hydrocodone Rx pain med due to her cancer diagnosis. JMO )

So there is a thing called ‘spoofing’ which essentially lets you impersonate someone else for text, calls or chats.

Spoofing Evidence — Technology Safety

This my MOO, but I don’t believe the Saturday morning texts between BM and SM were between them. I believe they were between BM and BM (impersonating SM).

It would be too much of a coicindenxe for SM to request hot tub stuff (ie Chrlorine). I think BM created the hiking scenario to make it seem like all was well, and the hot tub store scenario to give an alibi for why he needed chlorine.

Yet, it was nothing more than his premeditated plan to kill SM that afternoon. And this why he was acting so off to MG Saturday morning.

Edit to add one more link on this topic of spoofing and criminal cases:
Text messages require expert witnesses (Four reasons) - Solomon Criminal Defense

It is common in domestic violence and I’m sure something that the FBI is familiar with and has looked in to. Although, I’d imagine that info won’t come out in the prelim but maybe it will.
Wouldn't he either need her phone for that which would also show the phones were traveling together ala PF/KB? Or would the subsequent phone analysis reveal he was sending texts from his phone via spoofing?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this. There was something very odd to me about her sisters interview regarding SM and Barry. Very very odd. I've never been in an abusive relationship or had the kind of family dynamics that seemed to be going on within the Moorman family, so maybe that explains it? I couldn't figure out what her angle was or what she was doing or getting at. I can't even explain what I didn't understand because it was so confusing to me!

I agree, and as an older sister, my heart breaks for MBM.

In twelve months, MBM had never talked to media before and the day after BM was arrested she was popping up everywhere -- Inside Edition, Good Morning America, etc. and appeared to be giving more personal opinions than facts about the Morphew's lifestyle, finances, etc. Maybe she was in shock, caught off guard, I don't know but there was a complete reversal in her statements weeks later.

MOO

Maybe it is a regional thing? Here they would just refer to it as medical.
I’m sure it is regional. I’m more than positive there are plenty of names for it that I’ve never heard. I didn’t elaborate in my previous reply, but I could see SM using a term that wasn’t as blatant (like weed, bud, etc.) since it seemed to be a sensitive subject. It could also be painkillers, just haven’t heard anything to make me lean that way yet. JMO

The girls were in Utah.
It was Barry at the pizza place in Salida.
Suzanne sent the pic, so Barry must have sent it to her, first.
Wasn't this photo of Barry standing outside Moonlight Pizza waiting for pizza on the 8th? Why wouldn't SM still have her phone on Friday the 8th?
IMO
ETA:ON May 8, #SuzanneMorphew sent a picture of #Barrymorphew standing outside Moonlight Pizza waiting for pizza to the girls. The girls are in Utah on a roadtrip.
https://twitter.com/LaurenScharfTV?s=09

Last edited:
I agree, and as an older sister, my heart breaks for MBM.

In twelve months, MBM had never talked to media before and the day after BM was arrested she was popping up everywhere -- Inside Edition, Good Morning America, etc. and appeared to be giving more personal opinions than facts about the Morphew's lifestyle, finances, etc. Maybe she was in shock, caught off guard, I don't know but there was a complete reversal in her statements weeks later.

MOO
ITA

Wouldn't he either need her phone for that which would also show the phones were traveling together ala PF/KB? Or would the subsequent phone analysis reveal he was sending texts from his phone via spoofing?

Subsequent analysis would be required because BM would be using his device and the spoofing would make it seem like the text came from SM. Meanwhile, SM’s phone location would show where ever she was at the time, even though she never sent the message.

It’s kind of like if you’ve ever received a robo call from your own number.

They haven’t gotten into BM’s device findings so spoofing and SM Facebook access could be coming.

Ever since MG mentioned it to LS, I always thought it was Suzanne wanting Barry to come home to go on an outing with her. I think I thought that because MG was surprised and said she expected to work all day, but Barry cut it short at 11am and gave her the now infamous "make the wife happy/hiking or biking" excuse.

Now we learn, it's Barry that initiated that convo with Suzanne via text. Am I the only one who always just assumed it was the other way around?

Honestly, I have often thought that people assumed that Suzanne was needy - while at the same time knowing that BM was controlling.
In my experience, it is a breath of fresh air to be away from a controlling person. And breathing that fresh air as much as possible is desirable.

I presume, he knew her password. I go on my husband's facebook on my computer, not his, all the time.

Why would you presume that Suzanne's BF knew her FB password?
And if he did, why would he have any reason to reset it, and send friend requests to Suzanne's old school friends?

I may be misunderstanding you but I just fail to see any reason why her BF would do that.

Here’s the tweet from yesterday about medication:

https://twitter.com/ashleykktv/status/1424755480048455680?s=21
Investigators say #BarryMorphew told them he and #SuzanneMorphew fought sometimes because he worked too much and he was upset about some medication Suzanne was on. He wanted her to get off the medication. @KKTV11News

(It’s Just my personal speculation that SM referencing “hydro” could be shorthand for hydrocodone Rx pain med due to her cancer diagnosis. JMO )
Cancer survivor here. Highly likely it was hydrocodone and not hydroponic weed. Weed is used to help with eating, not pain. Chemo causes enormous pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo