Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #77 *ARREST*

Do you feel BM will go to trial?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He knew he wouldn’t let her out of the marriage, and she felt completely trapped. He even said himself that marriage was forever, before he hilariously shifted his view in later interviews.

Most women would get a divorce and move on. She had no such luxury.

She finally pulled the trigger, then he did the same.

Literally.
Damn it why weren't you in there speaking for Suzanne?? For all of us that tried to leave gracefully?! You nailed it. Ty

View attachment 310060
Pls see attached. Does this not indicate he is wary of trusting the AA? To me, he seems critical of it, as though he is wondering why a judge would have allowed an arrest to go forward using it. Maybe my own bias is reading too much into his wording but I would not infer he thought the AA was more than adequate to its task, rather that it hampered its task.
^^bbm

Absolutely not! First, there's no statutory requirement that the AA must adhere to the Colorado Rules of Evidence. None.

Second, the preliminary hearing, where a neutral Judge decides whether or not the state meets the standard to bind the defendant over to trial, also provides for some leeway to relax the rules of evidence during this hearing. For example, hearsay evidence is allowed at the preliminary but not at Trial.

If anything, I think the Court may be inconvenienced at the time it will require for both parties to participate in the redaction of the lengthy AA prior to public release but this has nothing to do with probable cause.

MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads