UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone help me here please? In the linked article there is reference to the white Vauxhall Astra. I appreciate this isn’t new news but I don’t recognise what appears to be be a cctv image identifying it.

can anyone else make it out?
Police continuing hunt for missing Claudia Lawrence now drain north Yorkshire lake in bid for clues | Daily Mail Online

The bus cctv footage identified the Astra parked in the pavement as it turned up Heworth Road. The image the daily mail used appears to be the rear of a car…..
The survey was carried out a few years ago

Your post triggered a thought: a collaborative cover up is more understandable if the death was manslaughter, or presented to the others as such. Someone, angry at CL, pushes her and she hits her head and dies. Just a speculative idea, not sure I’m convinced by it myself!

This is the other theory that I hold. I often wonder if she went via back alley to the pub and somehow ended up on the fire escape steps at the back of the pub and something happened that was accidental but somehow if confessed would drop them all in it for some (perhaps nefarious) reason. JMO MOO

Hi, new member here... I was a journalism student when Claudia went missing. We studied her portrayal in the media, and the impact it had on the case. It's stuck with me and makes me think carefully about being a responsible reporter (some of us do try).

I've been catching up and imo, the only solid info we have is the various CCTV footage, and reports of Claudia's 'last' calls on the 18th from Claudia's mum and dad. Is there any consensus around what the 'dark person' in the Heworth Place footage was doing on the eve of the 18th/morning of the 19th? Imo it's the same person, and I'm convinced there's a simple explanation - they went to urinate down the alley on Heworth Place, both times. This could mean they were staked out in a nearby vehicle overnight? Also that they were familiar with the street. Even though the footage isn't great quality, the demeanour and behaviour of this person is really striking to me. Calm yet purposeful, and carrying an air of being up to no good. Maybe they were shifty because they were intending to pee in public. But the fact they appear around the last time we believe anyone heard from Claudia, and again around the time she'd be expected waking/leaving for work (and really early for most people), seems just too much of a coincidence.

My analysis of the footage

I took the footage frame by frame to look at it more closely. The person or persons known as alleyman is struggling and overcomes a person who is then put into a passing vehicle on Heworth road, This is happening at least once or twice within the footage once in the direction of Heworth road and another toward the direction of Heworth Place due to the lack of cctv which covers Heworth Place its not possible to know where the person who has been overcome was taken. I would point out that its entirely possible that the person who is overcome and taken underess in the direction of Heworth Place could also be the same person who is overcome and manhandled into the vehicle on Heworth road.

I have no idea who these people are or their motives. Initially I thought this was some sort of sting operation targeting drug dealing activity in the area,but having read the articles on the kidknapping of vulnerable people who were then held in forced servitude its possible that this activity could be related to that.

This is my opinion only..

Last edited:
Yes the DM has been labelling this image incorrectly for years. It is the dark Ford Ranger which was parked near to CLs home on Heworth Rd. The white Astravan was parked on the opposite side of H Rd, much further towards the village.

Thank you for that, I couldn’t even determine it was the ranger but looking at the quality of the image this makes more sense.

I took the footage frame by frame to look at it more closely. The person or persons known as alleyman is struggling and overcomes a person who is then put into a passing vehicle on Heworth road, This is happening at least once or twice within the footage once in the direction of Heworth road and another toward the direction of Heworth Place due to the lack of cctv which covers Heworth Place its not possible to know where the person who has been overcome was taken. I would point out that its entirely possible that the person who is overcome and taken underess in the direction of Heworth Place could also be the same person who is overcome and manhandled into the vehicle on Heworth road.

I have no idea who these people are or their motives. Initially I thought this was some sort of sting operation targeting drug dealing activity in the area,but having read the articles on the kidknapping of vulnerable people who were then held in forced servitude its possible that this activity could be related to that.

Interesting. I'm not tech savvy - can you advise how to view frame by frame. Also, have you passed your work onto LE? They may be very interested in your findings?

Do you mean the footage from the bus?

I have giving up trying to piece this disappearance together.
I have come to the conclusion the police know who did it and the information they have asked the public for help with are the final pieces of the jigsaw.

This really does tie you in knots and unfortunately we don’t have access to all the information NYP hold so we will never fully solve the case but I am sure the lengths people have gone to on this forum have been pretty damn close

Hi, new member here... I was a journalism student when Claudia went missing. We studied her portrayal in the media, and the impact it had on the case. It's stuck with me and makes me think carefully about being a responsible reporter (some of us do try).

I've been catching up and imo, the only solid info we have is the various CCTV footage, and reports of Claudia's 'last' calls on the 18th from Claudia's mum and dad. Is there any consensus around what the 'dark person' in the Heworth Place footage was doing on the eve of the 18th/morning of the 19th? Imo it's the same person, and I'm convinced there's a simple explanation - they went to urinate down the alley on Heworth Place, both times. This could mean they were staked out in a nearby vehicle overnight? Also that they were familiar with the street. Even though the footage isn't great quality, the demeanour and behaviour of this person is really striking to me. Calm yet purposeful, and carrying an air of being up to no good. Maybe they were shifty because they were intending to pee in public. But the fact they appear around the last time we believe anyone heard from Claudia, and again around the time she'd be expected waking/leaving for work (and really early for most people), seems just too much of a coincidence.

Was the dark figure not identified as the guy who owned the student accommodation around where CL lived? He died shortly after CL’s disappearance.

Are you referring to the footage taken from the Heworth Road side of The Limes? Of the braking Focus?

Interesting. I'm not tech savvy - can you advise how to view frame by frame. Also, have you passed your work onto LE? They may be very interested in your findings?

Do you mean the footage from the bus?

I use the speed setting to slow the video down then I take screen shots to view each shot in detail using tools like exposure, detail, brightness etc only.
Yes I have spoken toCold Case about this.
No its not from the bus footage this is from the Alleyman footage

I’m going to post this without mentioning names and I’m sure this has been pointed out before in one of the numerous threads, BUT I was reading up on the case last night… The landlord of the NH had a key to Claudia’s house right?? 2 members of his bar staff walked with a limp. The CCTV guy seen around her house is also walking with a limp.

I’m not Sherlock Holmes and this could all be coincidence but could one of those staff members have had access to that key? Could it have been them sneaking around her house and considering entering, then backing out at the last minute? Just seems strange to me, I mean how many people are walking around that area with a limp?!
Yes the Landlord said it was the drayman as alley man, who lived next to where the Astra was parked up that Wednesday night in his opinion xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa