Identified! AZ - Maricopa Co, WhtFem, 44-70, Tats: Laura n Layla; Stuart w/rose, Jul'17 - Laura Jean Jordan

RIP Laura Jean. Glad to see she has her name back. I'm puzzled, however, by that article's statements. If it was solved by matching her fingerprints, shouldn't the prints have been available in a searchable database anyway before doing any DNA analysis?

"Earlier this year, Phoenix police teamed up with the DNA Doe Project to scan through databases of DNA to find any connections to the unknown woman.

Once their search turned up a new lead, investigators asked the FBI to conduct a fingerprint analysis that was able to confirm Jordan's identity."

RIP Laura Jean. Glad to see she has her name back. I'm puzzled, however, by that article's statements. If it was solved by matching her fingerprints, shouldn't the prints have been available in a searchable database anyway before doing any DNA analysis?

"Earlier this year, Phoenix police teamed up with the DNA Doe Project to scan through databases of DNA to find any connections to the unknown woman.

Once their search turned up a new lead, investigators asked the FBI to conduct a fingerprint analysis that was able to confirm Jordan's identity."

I guess her prints were in a local database that wasn't available for other LE to search or something. I wonder how many Doe cases could be solved if every local LE uploaded their historical fingerprint data.

I’m wondering why she was wandering a residential neighborhood if she was supposed to be on a bus back to Oklahoma?

I’m wondering why she was wandering a residential neighborhood if she was supposed to be on a bus back to Oklahoma?
Heatstroke - Symptoms and causes
According to the Mayo Clinic, one of the symptoms of heatstroke is delirium. I can easily see an older woman becoming confused/delirious and thinking that it was, say, her own yard that she was walking into.
'Altered mental state or behavior. Confusion, agitation, slurred speech, irritability, delirium, seizures, and coma can all result from heatstroke.'

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back