The Fall Of Kabul To The Taliban #2

"She is one of the driving forces behind the women's protests in the Afghan capital Kabul: Zahra Jafari. The 32-year-old engineer has been organizing demonstrations for women's rights for weeks. Because since the Taliban took power in Afghanistan last month, a lot has changed for women. Many of the freedoms they have acquired in recent years are now in jeopardy. "When the Taliban emerged, Afghan women created a network and an underground protest movement," Jafari said. The protests were tolerated by the Taliban for the first few weeks, but last weekend they violently put an end to the demonstrations."
GT

Zij leidt de vrouwenprotesten tegen de Taliban in Afghanistan

rbbm.
Taliban lack basic skills to govern: Analyst | Toronto Sun
''As the Taliban announce their new cabinet of the newly-reinstated Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan, some analysts are questioning the group’s ability to handle even the most basic aspects of modern governance.

“They are good at fighting, they’re good at walking in the mountains, but they’re not good at using a Mac (computer) in 2021,” said Mohammad Ehsan Saadat, who before fleeing to Canada last month was head researcher for the Afghanistan Public Policy Research Organization — a Kabul-based think tank.''

“They can’t use a cell phone, even their main spokesperson can’t speak English.”
Some of Afghanistan’s best minds were educated in western Universities
, he said — and without their guidance, he sees dark times ahead for his country.''

PASSIFIUME: One family's odyssey from Kabul to Toronto | Toronto Sun
''Canada’s embarrassing Kabul evacuation notwithstanding, Saadat credits his family’s escape to both intuition and foresight on things to come.

As lead researcher with the Afghanistan Public Policy Research Organization, part of his job involved attending out-of-town seminars and presentations.

It was during one such trip in March where he met colleagues involved with peace talks between the government and the Taliban — which were not going well.
“Some districts had already fallen after only a few months,” Saadat told me.

As peace talks collapsed and the Taliban advanced, he could see the writing on the wall.

“I said to myself, something is wrong,” he recalled.

“I have to look for something.”

''After days of exchanging emails with Global Affairs Canada, Saadat spent 24 hours filling out paperwork — despite his colleagues’ skepticism.''
Even my foreigner friends were telling me it was fake,” he said.
“I was discouraged, but I never stopped.”
From there, things moved fast.
Ten hours after submitting his application on Aug. 5, he was summoned to a biometrics appointment, and the next day informed they had 30 hours to pack and meet officials at an undisclosed location.''

Last edited:
Afghanistan: Taliban to allow 200 people including Americans to fly out of Kabul airport - CNN

@CharlotteBellis
First international commercial flight landed at Kabul airport.
169 people will take off shortly from Kabul airport. All foreign passport holders or visa holders. Currently they’re moving through immigration.
International terminal being run by same civilian staff as before Taliban takeover, with Qatar supervision.
Dozens of foreigners, including Americans, board flight from Kabul in first large-scale evacuation since US pullout.
E-1cD_AXMAIIzp1

·

Last edited:
I have seen a few different articles/ tweets regarding the plane "being allowed to take off". The number of Americans on board differs in each one. Two hundred vs one hundred vs a few dozen vs a handful . Where are the confirmed facts?

From Lucas Tomlinson Fox News Twitter:

Senate Armed Services Committee announces hearings on Afghanistan with top brass: Tues. Sept. 15: Closed briefing with Gen. Scott Miller, former head of U.S. Forces-Afghanistan Tues. Sept 28: OPEN and CLOSED hearings with Defense Secretary Austin, Gen. Milley and Gen. McKenzie

https://twitter.com/LucasFoxNews/status/1435955636999651343

Taliban fighters beat female protesters and open fire to disperse them as the Islamists ban rallies | Daily Mail Online

The militants announced a moratorium on demonstrations 'for the time being' last night after the group was humiliated by viral images of women standing up to them.

Footage posted online purported to show Taliban fighters beating female protesters in the streets - with one militant seen striking a woman with a crutch, hitting her on the arm before chasing her away.

Video also shows armed Islamists brandishing guns chasing women away from a busy road. It comes amid reports women defied the Taliban ban on protests today, gathering outside the Pakistan Embassy in Kabul until the militants opened fire to disperse the crowd.

Last edited:
Biden airlifted tens of thousands of unknowns after promising to evacuate Americans and allies

Wolf told the Washington Examiner that because the administration refused to consider that Kabul could fall so quickly, it did not make a plan for how to get people out in the case that it did, resulting in the chaos of trying to rescue people in the moment. On July 8, Biden said the "likelihood there’s going to be the Taliban overrunning everything and owning the whole country is highly unlikely."

“They had enough time if they really wanted to get those people out,” Wolf said. “They didn’t plan for the Taliban to take control of the country so quickly. ... It's messy because the withdrawal was not adequately planned."

So basically they ignored every intelligence expert who predicted what would happen and acted like it wasn't going to happen and didn't plan for it. I don't know what they expected to happen during the heaviest fighting season of the year and pulling all air support

Still waiting on a factual number of Americans evacuated. Not an estimate or a round number.

Still waiting on a factual number of those U.S. citizens still stuck in Afghanistan, ( hostages).

I noticed today, per a tweet..that the U.S. now considers the taliban " business-like" and professional. Oh really?

Steve Holland
@steveholland1

WH says of flight carrying evacuees from Kabul airport that "The Taliban have been cooperative," have "shown flexibility, and they have been businesslike and professional in our dealings with them in this effort. This is a positive first step."
12:38 PM · Sep 9, 2021·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/steveholland1/status/1436021288179482628

How much $$ was paid to the flexible, professional and business like taliban, for these evacuees I wonder?

'A woman can't be a minister - they should give birth': Taliban dismiss idea of women in government | Daily Mail Online

'A woman can't be a minister - they should give birth': Taliban dismiss the idea of female ministers as they 'prepare to hold government inauguration on 9/11 to TROLL the US'
  • Spokesman Sayed Zekrullah Hashim made the comments to TOLO News
  • He dismissed the notion of women in government, saying that allowing a woman to be a minister would 'put something on her neck that she cannot carry'
  • It comes as Russian media reported the Taliban may inaugurate their new government this Saturday on the 20th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks
  • Head of Russia Today, Margarita Simonyan, described the move as 'trolling'

Second Qatar Airways passenger flight takes off from Kabul - CNN

(CNN)A second Qatar Airways passenger flight, which arrived in Afghanistan on Friday, has now departed from Kabul airport, a day after more than 100 foreign nationals left on another plane with the Taliban's approval.

It is currently unclear how many passengers are on board the plane and what their nationalities are.

"WASHINGTON—President Biden and Chinese President Xi Jinping spoke by phone Thursday night in an effort to ease hostilities between the two powers and reset lines of communication after recent high-level meetings were described by U.S. officials as unproductive."

Biden, China’s Xi Jinping Hold First Call in Months

Not the whole article ,can be read,unless you have a subscription.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back