SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
If AM showed up at the hospital following being shot and they administered pain medication would him being addicted to Opiates mean his tolerance was low and he had to come clean so he could have better pain management? I don't know how Opiates work.
As a Nurse I know if one kind of Opioid you’ve been on doesn’t work for the pain they will give you another kind just for the pain at hand. I was addicted to Hydrocodone 10mg and that would not even touch my back

As a Nurse I know if one kind of Opioid you’ve been on doesn’t work for the pain they will give you another kind just for the pain at hand. I was addicted to Hydrocodone 10mg and that would not even touch my back
pain. I ended up with Morphine and Dulaudid. They are way more stronger than Hydrocodone. Hope this helps.

'Good Samaritan' Drove a Bleeding Alex Murdaugh to the Hospital After Shooting, His Lawyer Says

He continued, saying, "In any event, when the Deputies arrived, Alex Murdaugh was not at the scene. He was picked up by a good Samaritan and who drove him toward the hospital."

Griffin says he does not know the identity of the "good Samaritan."

"They ultimately met up with the ambulance on the highway, where he was examined and because of the extent of his injuries, the EMTs call for him to be airlifted to the hospital. He had significant head trauma and there was blood at the scene, which is indicated by the evidence cones placed in the roadway. I understand that most of the cones mark blood.

"I presume that the deputy checked the no visible sign of injury on the incident report because he was not able to assess Alex since [Alex] had left the scene before the deputy arrived," he wrote.

With all the media coverage you would think the people who picked him up would come forward with their story.

JMO

Offering to call an uber or offering a sleepover is not good enough. Several people at the party, teens and adults, knew that Paul was too drunk to drive a boat and did nothing. Indeed, Paul used his brother ID to buy alcohol, but if he drank alcohol that was provided by other adults at the party, then, in my opinion, an argument can be made that they have some responsibility for allowing him to consume their alcohol and to drive a boat from the party while clearly intoxicated.
Completely agree. IMO, it’s a case of middle-aged “adults” functioning as if they were adolescents, and adolescents pretending they were “adults”. Lose-lose all around. We have many middle-aged “children” running around these days. JMO YMMV

We have the witness statement from Alex that he was at the hospital with his father before returning home to discover the bodies.

Feel free to ignore witness statements, but I'm going to accept Alex Murdaugh's statement about where he was before discovering the bodies at face value. If police at some point announce that Alex lied about where he was just before discovering the bodies, then I'll change my understanding of the facts.
Ok, I think we will get repeated posts questioning this since it seems that people are looking for independent verification of AM, PM and MM's whereabouts the day of the murders. Also, from what I recall AM's family asserts that after taking the father to the hospital he went to see his mother. JMO.

You can damage the wheel by driving even 5 mph if the tire is flat. I can't imagine driving 30 mph. The cost of the tire is minimal compared to the wheel damage
You can drive up to 30/35 miles on run flat tyres which someone mentioned on here previously that AM had run flat tyres on his vehicle

But the civil suit is about the kids buying alcohol with BM's ID. So they didn't necessarily get supplied with alcohol by others at the party. And, according to one podcast...so treat this as complete rumour, the young woman, whose house the oyster roast was held at, apparently offered to them to stay overnight as they were concerned. (of course this might be an 'after-the-tragedy' comment.)
I read the deposition the kids stated they went back and forth to the boat getting drinks while at the party

Ok, I think we will get repeated posts questioning this since it seems that people are looking for independent verification of AM, PM and MM's whereabouts the day of the murders. Also, from what I recall AM's family asserts that after taking the father to the hospital he went to see his mother. JMO.

Paul and Margaret cannot speak for themselves, so we have no choice but to wait for independent corroboration regarding their timelines. Alex, on the other hand, is alive and can speak for himself.

In the two links I provided regarding Alex's activities prior to discovering the bodies, one mentions that he checked on his mother as well.

You can see the cages in this photo
View attachment 312175
If you notice the end of the white building close to the van you can see an overhang on the roof. I have seen kennels with buildings like this. They have cages inside and the overhang (lower than the roof peak) is to protect the animals from blowing rain or snow in some cases.

JMO

If you notice the end of the white building close to the van you can see an overhang on the roof. I have seen kennels with buildings like this. They have cages inside and the overhang (lower than the roof peak) is to protect the animals from blowing rain or snow in some cases.

JMO

These are the building footprints for the buildings near Moselle Road. The building that is 42.3 ft x 124.5 ft is the red roof building. The building that is 32 x 100 must be the main kennel.

Bit sloppy with the lines but these are the buildings.

upload_2021-9-12_19-4-28.png

qPublic.net - Colleton County, SC - Report: 123-00-00-002.000

RSBM

AM’s bar admission was 11/21/1994 (Richard Murdaugh | South Carolina Bar).

Assuming he went to work at PMPED after his admission, he worked at the firm for approximately 25 years.

If he started the fraud from the get-go in his career (unlikely), $10M would equate to approximately $400K misappropriated each year. If he started the fraud in the middle of his career, $10M would equate to approximately $800K a year.

I would say that it is viable if he was able to circumnavigate internal controls, considering other notable fraud cases like Rita Crundwell, who embezzled $54M from her employer (a city) over 22 years.

Rita Crundwell, ex-Dixon official who embezzled nearly $54 million to finance lavish lifestyle, released from prison with 8 years left on sentence

ETA: It all depends on who is monitoring the finances and how critically they are being evaluated. Many people without business degrees (and even some that do) simply do not know how to read financial statements other than going straight to the bottom line. If the bottom line is positive, they often won’t question it. MOO from what I have seen in the wild as a financial statement auditor.

Many of my clients don't even look at the P&L. they just nod their heads take the statement and expect on blind faith all will turn out well with their money and taxes.

JMO

You can drive up to 30/35 miles on run flat tyres which someone mentioned on here previously that AM had run flat tyres on his vehicle

My apologies as I may have misinterpreted them. I thought they were talking about their own experience and not on the run flat tires. I have a similar model and they're actually good up to 50 mph. Regardless, my apologies as I maybe read that wrong.

I just meant on normal wheels/tires (not his Mercedes)

Did Paul state that he only drank alcohol purchased using his brother's ID?

All the kids on the boat brought their own alcohol to the oyster roast. They all had fake IDs I believe. It's technically true that the family giving the party didn't supply them with drinks but they knew that the kids were underage and drinking. It's pathetic the adults didn't do the right thing and insist they find another way home--or didn't allow them to drink at the party in the first place.

Did Paul state that he only drank alcohol purchased using his brother's ID?
In a deposition? Paul almost certainly would not have answered questions in a deposition while facing criminal charges. I don't believe he was deposed, and if he was, he almost certainly would have invoked the 5th. JMO.

These are the building footprints for the buildings near Moselle Road. The building that is 42.3 ft x 124.5 ft is the red roof building. The building that is 32 x 100 must be the main kennel.

Bit sloppy with the lines but these are the buildings.

View attachment 312289

qPublic.net - Colleton County, SC - Report: 123-00-00-002.000

32x100 would be about right if they had a few dogs. A friend used to have show beagles and beagles he ran rabbits with. He built a kennel similar to the one in the picture except the over hang in front was lower, about 5 ft high. Ordinary kennel cage for one dog would be about 5' x 10'. The dogs were fed and watered inside then put out on a long cable with a leash attached to the cable so they could run up and down the cable for exercise when not hunting. 32x100 would be 3200 sq ft so at 50 sq ft per dog that would mean 6 or 7 dogs. Of course we don't know what kind of hunting dogs AM owned. Beagles are small but if they were tree dogs or bird dogs they would need more sq ft since those are bigger dogs. Maybe someone on here has more knowledge about Sq Ft needed VS type dog than I do.

ETA the overhang was a concrete run so he could walk in from the side and go down the cages without getting wet himself.
JMO

Last edited:
All the kids on the boat brought their own alcohol to the oyster roast. They all had fake IDs I believe. It's technically true that the family giving the party didn't supply them with drinks but they knew that the kids were underage and drinking. It's pathetic the adults didn't do the right thing and insist they find another way home--or didn't allow them to drink at the party in the first place.
According to the deposition of one of the kids on the boat, one of the owners of the party house was a principal of a school. When I read that I just could not fathom a principal of a school letting underage kids drink at his house.

JMO

Offering to call an uber or offering a sleepover is not good enough. Several people at the party, teens and adults, knew that Paul was too drunk to drive a boat and did nothing. Indeed, Paul used his brother ID to buy alcohol, but if he drank alcohol that was provided by other adults at the party, then, in my opinion, an argument can be made that they have some responsibility for allowing him to consume their alcohol and to drive a boat from the party while clearly intoxicated.
Agree completely. The adults at the party are responsible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa