SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to know about the Good Samaritans AM hitched a ride with. Did they help to stem the flow of blood and maybe hand out some disinfectant wipes to let him clean himself up a bit? I know I carry those in all our vehicles, especially since covid. Would those sufficiently clean away gunshot residue? Plus the medical helicopter or later hospital attendants could have also wipe residue away?

Alcohol wipes I would say yes. We carry Clorox wipes too as well as alcohol wipes, rubber gloves and a box of masks in our vehicles since Covid. Always have had a full first aid bag in all our vehicles. Never know in our rural area what you might drive up on. Once found a guy sitting on the road that had been bitten by a snake.

JMO

This case is another example of why I deleted FB, ppl can post photos and everything is beautiful and all are smiling. Yeah sure. It’s not the whole picture of ppl’s lives. I personally find it deceiving. Just me. Jmo
Absolutely agree however I went one step further and started to worry and question myself because I wasn’t living the same kind of life as a lot of people I knew, as depicted on FB and therefore I started to doubt myself and it caused me some anxiety so I too stopped using it!

I have wondered if AM was helping himself to Dad's (RM) pain meds? He was probably on palliative/hospice care and would more than likely be prescribed painkillers.

My Dad died from cancer at home and was on serious pain meds, oxycontin, morphine, etc. at the end. A family member who is an addict stole pills every time she showed up. :(

MOO
And if he didn't do that, may have swiped them for himself instead of destroying them.

What was the father's cause of death? I haven't followed the story THAT closely.

I have had a completely flat tire and drove on it. As long as you keep it to about 20 or 30 MPH long enough to get it somewhere safe it doesn't hurt the tire. That's saying of course it doesn't have a bow out.

JMO

You can damage the wheel by driving even 5 mph if the tire is flat. I can't imagine driving 30 mph. The cost of the tire is minimal compared to the wheel damage

We don't have yearly property taxes on vehicles here in Texas so I may be way off but I wonder if they were paying monthly payments on the vehicles and the taxes were incorporated into the payments and they were being paid out of escrow (the same as if you have a mortgage on real estate property)?

Being so behind in real estate taxes does make one think he was living above his means and a probable cause for (at least some of) the embezzlement.

Our auto taxes in SC are paid to the county before we can register for a license plate. I’ve always had to pay on vehicles that had a lien out of pocket.

It doesn't matter whether anyone gently suggested alternatives to driving the boat. If adults were present, alcohol was available, Paul was visibly drunk, and none of the adults who brought alcohol to the party prevented Paul from driving drunk, then I think that Buster cannot be held 100% liable for Paul's drunkenness.
I agree, they should have insisted. They probably didn't because of the Murdaugh name, IMO

And if he didn't do that, may have swiped them for himself instead of destroying them.

What was the father's cause of death? I haven't followed the story THAT closely.

Former South Carolina Circuit Solicitor, Randolph Murdaugh III died at his Varnville home on June, 10, 2021.

I've read somewhere it was cancer, but I don't think it has been disclosed publicly.

Alcohol wipes I would say yes. We carry Clorox wipes too as well as alcohol wipes, rubber gloves and a box of masks in our vehicles since Covid. Always have had a full first aid bag in all our vehicles. Never know in our rural area what you might drive up on. Once found a guy sitting on the road that had been bitten by a snake.

JMO
Goodness, snakebite, that's scary!

I've been curious about why they were at that location at 9 PM. Could someone please put a mark at the kennel location. I'm looking for confirmation that I understand it correctly. Thx

This is the property

View attachment 312135

qPublic.net - Colleton County, SC - Map

These are the building footprints.

View attachment 312133

bottom of the page
qPublic.net - Colleton County, SC - Report: 123-00-00-002.000

Could be they were down there to feed or water the dogs. Especially if they had been gone all day.

JMO

If the cars were financed, and I assume they were, the lending institution might have been paying the taxes out of an escrow account.

wait, I’m confused. We don’t pay taxes on cars in California annually. You either pay it when you purchase the car and it is calculated into your payments, or it’s calculated into your lease payments if you lease. There is an annual registration fee, but no annual “car taxes.”

Both of those cars were over $100,000, so I would assume they probably just leased them. That’s usually what rich people do so they can just turn it in for a new car every three years.

Does SC have annual car taxes like property taxes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa