SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm assuming that Margaret, Paul and Alex were at Moselle on the day of the murders. We haven't heard anything about what time they arrived. We know from the 911 call that no one "else" was supposed to be at the property that evening. Alex does not say that Margaret and Paul were not supposed to be at the property. He does not seem surprised that they are there, but he is shocked that they are deceased near the kennel.

On the evening of the shooting, we have heard that Alex went to the hospital to visit his father. Presumably that was after supper, as he was visiting around 9-9:30 PM.

For some reason, Margaret and Paul drove, or walked, the 350 yards to the kennel at 9-9:30 PM. Was it to put the dog(s) in the kennel for the night? That wouldn't require both of them to be at the kennel. I can't think of any reason that they would both be at the kennel at that time of night, yet there must be a reason that both were at that location in the dark.
My speculation: Maggie was lured to that area and was shot from a distance. Paul heard a shot/shots and came from the house to check on his mother. JMO.

I'm assuming that Margaret, Paul and Alex were at Moselle on the day of the murders. We haven't heard anything about what time they arrived. We know from the 911 call that no one "else" was supposed to be at the property that evening. Alex does not say that Margaret and Paul were not supposed to be at the property. He does not seem surprised that they are there, but he is shocked that they are deceased near the kennel.

On the evening of the shooting, we have heard that Alex went to the hospital to visit his father. Presumably that was after supper, as he was visiting around 9-9:30 PM.

For some reason, Margaret and Paul drove, or walked, the 350 yards to the kennel at 9-9:30 PM. Was it to put the dog(s) in the kennel for the night? That wouldn't require both of them to be at the kennel. I can't think of any reason that they would both be at the kennel at that time of night, yet there must be a reason that both were at that location in the dark.
Maybe just one helping the other get the dogs settled in for the night or just because they love dogs.

Exactly. Paul was drunk before he drove the boat from the party. His friends wondered whether he could drive the boat. Adults who were at the party apparently did nothing to prevent Paul from consuming alcohol or from driving the boat. Therefore, I think it is arguable that Buster is not 100% liable for the fact that Paul was drunk. Even without Buster's ID, Paul could have been equally drunk from consuming alcohol provided by other adults at the party.

Any one of the adults at the party could have stepped up and done the right thing by ensuring that Paul did not have access to alcohol, or they could have prevented him from driving the boat because he was drunk. No one at the party did anything to intervene.
I thought I read that some did try and say leave the boat and we'll get you all home? Also in his deposition IIRC AC wanted to called an Uber?

"“The murders of my wife and son have caused an incredibly difficult time in my life. I have made a lot of decisions that I truly regret. I’m resigning from my law firm and entering rehab after a long battle that has been exacerbated by these murders. I am immensely sorry to everyone I’ve hurt including my family, friends and colleagues. I ask for prayers as I rehabilitate myself and my relationships.”

He says the murders exacerbated (whatever he's entering rehab for) LONG BATTLES.
Are you saying you think his statement means his behavior since family murders, including drugs and embezzlement, happened only since June or just that they are.a.continuation of what had been happening for years?

i’m referring to the first part. Where he says “the murders have CAUSED an incredibly difficult time in my life and I have made some decisions I regret.”

i’m reading that as whatever he did, he did it after the murders. Namely, the embezzlement.

I agree with you that the last part implies he has had a long-standing drug addiction, which has grown worse recently, but I don’t believe he has a drug addiction. I think that’s a cover to keep police away from him and explain his behaviors.

My speculation: Maggie was lured to that area and was shot from a distance. Paul heard a shot/shots and came from the house to check on his mother. JMO.

Who was living at Moselle prior to the murders?

Was it AM alone? Was it AM and PM? Was it all 3 of them AM, MM, PM? I though MM was living most of the time in the Edisto house.

So if she was living in the Edisto house and reportedly did not like the Moselle place, she would have to have been lured there for the evening?

And if the statement overheard on the tape by AM about PM is correct, why would he not think PM was going to be there?

I hope MM's phone data can provide a track of her activities that day.

i’m referring to the first part. Where he says “the murders have CAUSED an incredibly difficult time in my life and I have made some decisions I regret.”

i’m reading that as whatever he did, he did it after the murders. Namely, the embezzlement.

I agree with you that the last part implies he has had a long-standing drug addiction, which has grown worse recently, but I don’t believe he has a drug addiction. I think that’s a cover to keep police away from him and explain his behaviors.

Yes. I am quite skeptical about the long-term drug addition.

When he was admitted to the hospital, they likely would have done a urine drug screen on him given the info that had just been revealed. However, that wouldn't be able to distinguish someone taking a recent dose of an opiate from someone with a long-term opiate habit. That would require a more sophisticated testing, like the kind done for pain management programs, where the opiate metabolites tell more about chronic usage. The first sample taken after admission to the hospital also would likely have been discarded by now, unless requested by LE.

I wonder how his physicians handled the issue of his self-reported opiate addiction in the face of his injury and potential for detox while being treated.

All of this, of course, will be medically-priviledged information that would not likely be released in an arrest affidavit for say embezzlement. Although it might be very significant if he was charged with a criminal felony like murder or conspiracy to commit murder.

He and his legal advisers have certainly concocted a complex series of events with many loopholes for him to take advantage of.

That sounds plausible. I am inclined to think that Margaret and Paul Murdaugh were killed by a hitman.

I am in the camp that they were killed by AM. I base this on what he says in the 911 call. He explains why he touched the bodies. Anytime anyone says things like “I JUST got here” and “ I already touched the bodies because…” my Spidey senses start to tingle!!

I know that the property transfers have been discussed a lot, but I can't remember if the issue of (unpaid) taxes has. I tried using the search tool to find mention of it but can't, so can someone direct me? Thank you.

The county website only shows as far back as the 2019 tax year.
In 2019 MM paid real estate taxes on 8 tracts. There is nothing listed as unpaid. It was all paid on 9/14/20

For the 2020 tax year, there are 10 entries - 2 are vehicles (Mercedes and Range Rover) and are listed as PAID, payments were made on 1/21/21 and 2/27/21 respectively.
However the 8 real estate taxes say UNPAID. The "issue date" for all is 9/16.

For the 2021 tax year, there are again 10 items - 2 vehicles, this time two Fords, are again listed as PAID, however paid date is 7/13 and 8/27 so after the murders.
Again, the 8 real estate taxes are unpaid. Issue date for all is 9/3.

Why are the vehicle tax payments being made -- all the time -- before and after MMs death, but for the last two years the property taxes are not?

Sorry if this has been discussed and is obvious. Is this normal or could extensions have been requested? Or is this because the thought is AM transferred to her name but wasn't paying it off vs the cars are actually hers?

Online Tax Payment Center

I don’t doubt the addiction if it is opioids as that is an easy trap to slip into for people of all walks. Professionals, high achieving students and adults, stay at home parents, just for a few examples and people can carry on with work life while addicted. It’s possible to use it as an excuse but the tests and Drs would probably see thru it.

I agree that something must have caused them to walk, or drive, to the kennel either together, or one after the other. I'm guessing that the assault rifle was used on the intended victim - Alex's wife. That would suggest that Paul was in the wrong place at the wrong time, or that, as you say, Paul heard the shots and stumbled onto the scene while the shooter was with the body.

I thought I read that some did try and say leave the boat and we'll get you all home? Also in his deposition IIRC AC wanted to called an Uber?

It doesn't matter whether anyone gently suggested alternatives to driving the boat. If adults were present, alcohol was available, Paul was visibly drunk, and none of the adults who brought alcohol to the party prevented Paul from driving drunk, then I think that Buster cannot be held 100% liable for Paul's drunkenness.

I know that the property transfers have been discussed a lot, but I can't remember if the issue of (unpaid) taxes has. I tried using the search tool to find mention of it but can't, so can someone direct me? Thank you.

The county website only shows as far back as the 2019 tax year.
In 2019 MM paid real estate taxes on 8 tracts. There is nothing listed as unpaid. It was all paid on 9/14/20

For the 2020 tax year, there are 10 entries - 2 are vehicles (Mercedes and Range Rover) and are listed as PAID, payments were made on 1/21/21 and 2/27/21 respectively.
However the 8 real estate taxes say UNPAID. The "issue date" for all is 9/16.

For the 2021 tax year, there are again 10 items - 2 vehicles, this time two Fords, are again listed as PAID, however paid date is 7/13 and 8/27 so after the murders.
Again, the 8 real estate taxes are unpaid. Issue date for all is 9/3.

Why are the vehicle tax payments being made -- all the time -- before and after MMs death, but for the last two years the property taxes are not?

Sorry if this has been discussed and is obvious. Is this normal or could extensions have been requested? Or is this because the thought is AM transferred to her name but wasn't paying it off vs the cars are actually hers?

That's an awful lot of unpaid real estate taxes. Perhaps that's why Margaret requested an audit.

upload_2021-9-12_14-56-31.png

If AM showed up at the hospital following being shot and they administered pain medication would him being addicted to Opiates mean his tolerance was low and he had to come clean so he could have better pain management? I don't know how Opiates work.

One thing that IS clear about the recording we're trying to decipher is the that AM says "Paul." It's very interesting to me that he never says "Maggie" until he's asked. But he says "Paul" on his own. I think he's genuinely surprised to see Paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member