SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
If AM showed up at the hospital following being shot and they administered pain medication would him being addicted to Opiates mean his tolerance was low and he had to come clean so he could have better pain management? I don't know how Opiates work.

Hopefully he wasn't in too much pain from the gunshot that may or may not have caused injuries.

One thing that IS clear about the recording we're trying to decipher is the that AM says "Paul." It's very interesting to me that he never says "Maggie" until he's asked. But he says "Paul" on his own. I think he's genuinely surprised to see Paul.

So where did Paul normally live? Moselle or Edisto , or other?

That's an awful lot of unpaid real estate taxes. Perhaps that's why Margaret requested an audit.

View attachment 312275

Online Tax Payment Center

I found two more unpaid property taxes (one from 2020 and one from 2021) that are jointly listed under MM and AMs names-

2021 - $6,432.49 due
2020 - $7,435.95 due (that includes $953 in late penalties)

His embezzled funds were not going to paying these taxes.

I’m just not sure exactly what I believe yet. o_O
If AM showed up at the hospital following being shot and they administered pain medication would him being addicted to Opiates mean his tolerance was low and he had to come clean so he could have better pain management? I don't know how Opiates work.

A paramedic friend told me that they have standard prescriptions that they can administer on site and any increase in dosage has to be dr approved.
He also caught a guy trying to break into the lock box that’s in back of the ambulance outside the hospital one night. That’s powerful stuff.

I agree that something must have caused them to walk, or drive, to the kennel either together, or one after the other. I'm guessing that the assault rifle was used on the intended victim - Alex's wife. That would suggest that Paul was in the wrong place at the wrong time, or that, as you say, Paul heard the shots and stumbled onto the scene while the shooter was with the body.
This is the scenario I’m considering too. Though I do think the tragic deaths of Stephen Smith and Mallory Beach play a role in this. I’m counting on justice to prevail.

That's an awful lot of unpaid real estate taxes. Perhaps that's why Margaret requested an audit.

View attachment 312275

Is this all of them, I'm assuming the $12,000+ is the Edisto Island property? Adds up to nearly $22,000 - left unpaid. From a South Carolinian's perspective that is quite a bit of money for real estate taxes.

wow….

“Meanwhile, late last week an ominous email began making its way through South Carolina legal circles. I have been warned against quoting directly from this message, but it hints in no uncertain terms that the embezzlement allegations leveled by PMPED against Alex Murdaugh are just the beginning of a much larger scandal – one that is going to metastasize far beyond the family, the firm and the fourteenth circuit.

The email referenced compromised judges, financial institutions, law firms and elected officials – and intimated that the tentacles of corruption reached far beyond the borders South Carolina.

A source who forwarded the email to me spoke of “genuine panic” within the state’s legal community, adding that “while they may not know it yet, everyone in this state knows someone, perhaps many, in severe legal jeopardy right now.”

I HAVE GUESSES!!!

…or at least hopes. Not sure I’m allowed to say this here, but I really hope this involves “Miss Lindsay!”

I found two more unpaid property taxes (one from 2020 and one from 2021) that are jointly listed under MM and AMs names-

2021 - $6,432.49 due
2020 - $7,435.95 due (that includes $953 in late penalties)

His embezzled funds were not going to paying these taxes.
I'm very confused.

Most all of these properties were in MM's name. There are only a couple that have both names on there. Not even the usual Alex and Margaret Murdaugh family trust. So she would have been responsible for paying the taxes on those properties (principally plots of land) and they both would have been paying taxes on the homes. I would assume that his income would be common to both of them to use to pay the taxes.

So if they were unpaid, was she not able to get access to their funds to pay the taxes? Were they having money disputes?

If he was embezzling so very much money, why couldn't they just pay the $ 50 K or so and clear this issue from the books?

And I guess my other question: Were they living together at all in 2020, the year after the boating accident?

wow….

“Meanwhile, late last week an ominous email began making its way through South Carolina legal circles. I have been warned against quoting directly from this message, but it hints in no uncertain terms that the embezzlement allegations leveled by PMPED against Alex Murdaugh are just the beginning of a much larger scandal – one that is going to metastasize far beyond the family, the firm and the fourteenth circuit.

The email referenced compromised judges, financial institutions, law firms and elected officials – and intimated that the tentacles of corruption reached far beyond the borders South Carolina.

A source who forwarded the email to me spoke of “genuine panic” within the state’s legal community, adding that “while they may not know it yet, everyone in this state knows someone, perhaps many, in severe legal jeopardy right now.”
Quoting the above post about the most recent FITnews article and, yeah, it's WOW
"I HAVE GUESSES!!!

…or at least hopes. Not sure I’m allowed to say this here, but I really hope this involves “Miss Lindsay!”

Quoting the above post about the most recent FITnews article and yeah, it is WOW:
"I HAVE GUESSES!!!

…or at least hopes. Not sure I’m allowed to say this here, but I really hope this involves “Miss Lindsay!”"

OMG.

Of course. Just out of John Grisham.

Last edited:
I will never lose sight of the (MOO) corruption and good ole boy network that allowed this family to escape the consequences (MOO) of their actions. Hope SLED has the courage to find the truth and prosecute everything they can.

I’ve had plenty of flat tires but fortunately never experienced one that has been slashed. It seems a car would most likely be sitting still for a knife to cause a slash. Also I would have thought when a tire is slashed it immediately goes flat and an indicator light would show up right away rather in the middle of a drive. Is that not the case, or perhaps not the case with “run flat” tires?
I have had a completely flat tire and drove on it. As long as you keep it to about 20 or 30 MPH long enough to get it somewhere safe it doesn't hurt the tire. That's saying of course it doesn't have a bow out.

JMO

I know that the property transfers have been discussed a lot, but I can't remember if the issue of (unpaid) taxes has. I tried using the search tool to find mention of it but can't, so can someone direct me? Thank you.

The county website only shows as far back as the 2019 tax year.
In 2019 MM paid real estate taxes on 8 tracts. There is nothing listed as unpaid. It was all paid on 9/14/20

For the 2020 tax year, there are 10 entries - 2 are vehicles (Mercedes and Range Rover) and are listed as PAID, payments were made on 1/21/21 and 2/27/21 respectively.
However the 8 real estate taxes say UNPAID. The "issue date" for all is 9/16.

For the 2021 tax year, there are again 10 items - 2 vehicles, this time two Fords, are again listed as PAID, however paid date is 7/13 and 8/27 so after the murders.
Again, the 8 real estate taxes are unpaid. Issue date for all is 9/3.

Why are the vehicle tax payments being made -- all the time -- before and after MMs death, but for the last two years the property taxes are not?

Sorry if this has been discussed and is obvious. Is this normal or could extensions have been requested? Or is this because the thought is AM transferred to her name but wasn't paying it off vs the cars are actually hers?

We don't have yearly property taxes on vehicles here in Texas so I may be way off but I wonder if they were paying monthly payments on the vehicles and the taxes were incorporated into the payments and they were being paid out of escrow (the same as if you have a mortgage on real estate property)?

Being so behind in real estate taxes does make one think he was living above his means and a probable cause for (at least some of) the embezzlement.

He used the word "exacerbated," in relating the death of his family members to his behavior. And he never specifically mentioned embezzlement, only that he had somehow wronged family, friends, and associates... It was a very weasel-like statement. He attempted to sound like he was sorry, was taking responsibility, and was beginning efforts to repair the damage to relationships, but he never specified what in particular he was taking responsibility for.

RS,B,&IBM

Love it! Perfect characterization of that "character"! :rolleyes: Nice phrasing, @Diddian!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member