NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 #15

The first thing they will need to do is figure out the context of the human remains. Are they archaeological? Are they historic (e.g., from an old unmarked cemetery)? Or are they modern, and thus potentially of forensic/prosecutorial significance? Additionally, I have no insight into the specific details of the human remains recovered, but the term "bone fragments" does not imply purposeful dismemberment or disarticulation. Bones naturally decompose and fragment over time, especially in the outdoors where they are subject to a host of taphonomic forces (e.g., sunlight, moisture, scavengers, etc). So I wouldn't necessarily read anything into that unless the fragments retain signatures of sharp force trauma (cut marks, saw marks, etc.) denoting purposeful action.

Yeah we'll see but that report sounds pretty sketchy. In that same report the supposed employee said they were told to put it in a towell and give it to police. I've never come across human remains before but I would bet anything they would be told to stay away from it and let the authorities handle it

This definitely wouldn't be the first time Renner posted something that someone completely made up

Yeah we'll see but that report sounds pretty sketchy. In that same report the supposed employee said they were told to put it in a towell and give it to police. I've never come across human remains before but I would bet anything they would be told to stay away from it and let the authorities handle it

This definitely wouldn't be the first time Renner posted something that someone completely made up
Yeah.. why would the police let someone handle bone fragments?? Even if it was animal the police would want to make sure before a person would handle it.

Yeah.. why would the police let someone handle bone fragments?? Even if it was animal the police would want to make sure before a person would handle it.

Yep. And for some odd reason this employee seems to know a whole lot about what was found after a boundary was put up. Julie Murray said the found fragments were really small yet this employee said a vertebrae was found.

I hope they finally found Maura. Her poor family deserves closure, and Maura deserves a proper burial. With all the stops and starts of this case over the many years, this discovery definitely feels different. I am cautiously optimistic.

Loon Mountain is the in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. Lincoln, the closest town to Loon, has 1,600 residents. There are more deer than people in these counties. What probably happened is they thought they found animal bones (which wouldn't be unusual around Loon Mountain) but when they realized it looked like human remains and not deer or bear, they called the cops.

Look at Loon Mountain on a map. It's literally in the White Mountains National Forest. Outside of the specific grandfathered in resorts, there is nothing there. Most people don't realize but much of New Hampshire is protected forest land. Above the lakes it is mostly forest.

If it's not Maura, I really hope one of the other cold cases in the area gets solved and someone gets their name back. It's too bizarre of a place for anything but a crime IMO

Why are news outlets assuming its maura. Google maura murray and tons.of tsories about these bones come up. Weird? Im wondering of they were dug up during constructions, by dug up i mean buried not just shallow covering due to time.

I wish I could see like where it is exactly..could you drive right up back then? or would you have to go on foot? I guess I mean is there a road or is this all natural ski slope area etc? I read there was some kind of tent thing installed there ..so strange..I wonder if any clothing or jewelry was recovered...?

I would think if they found some fairly modern clothing items or accessories with the remains would lead them to
believe this is a missing person. mOO

I’m very familiar with the Loon area. I believe they are talking about a new ski lift area around the Kancamagus Quad at the base of Loon. If you google that pictures should come up. There is a very large parking area, and roads there, but you’d have to go on foot or some kind of snow machine in winter to get to the area I think they’re speaking of. It hasn’t changed all that much over time.

Unfortunately, I don't think this will be Maura. These fragments of bones will be old, ancient.
The case of Maura will go on, sadly....

On the fence about this one. I know if what I believe is true, she was drunk when she had the accident, she had just had another one days ago, she needed to get away from that area. As an athlete, a runner, she could have probably made it that far, worrying about a DUI, especially after she ran into Butch, who wanted to call the cops, it would have been self preservation. There was a reason she needed to get out of town, in Amherst, though. I relate to her, from many years ago, sometimes I would just need to get away and go to random places. I was lucky and did survive, but I also put myself into some danger. If I were in her shoes and thought I was going to get a DUI, at that age, I would have gone as quick as I could. Then again, she could have been on the run, and some “nice” boys headed to Loon, they could have grabbed her. It does seem like these bones are quite possibly her, so hopefully her family can get some answers, to at least know if she has passed.

It's difficult to say "I want this to be her". No one "wants" this to be her in the abstract.
However, I after all these years, it's time for this to be over for the family.

I think the proximity, along with the local rumor mill eluding to a connection with people with access to the vicinity, years before these remains were found, give a real reason to be hopeful.

Prayers for Maura and her family. The vicinity of Maura's car crash to the mountain, plus the fact that they've notified her family of the possibility resonates with me.

"A" is the location of Maura's car crash and "B" is the general location of the recent finding of someone's remains--20.5 miles; 30-minute drive. Walking would take almost 7-hours, according to Google maps.

Maura Murray Crash Site to Loon Mountain Rd.jpg

@JamesRenner

Possible human remains found on the property of Loon Mountain ski resort in New Hampshire, confirms communications manager. Police are currently investigating.

so sorry if I am wrong, wasn’t a person they were questioning work for a ski lodge at the time of her disappearance? Did anything ever come of that dude? Or is this a different lodge?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back