Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It happens to men too, more often than you think....unfortunately.
My brother was married to a woman who would continually beat on him. He was taught to never lay a hand on a woman (violently). He would be covered in scratches, bruises, etc....actual injuries. I thought he would end up dead one day. He never ever ever TOUCHED her. She was batsh*t crazy.
He stayed as long as he did, because they had a kid......and out of embarrassment.
And all it would take is for him to loose his temper one time and a quick shove could have resulted in a tragic, unintended consequence.

The video is awful.

Gabby is extremely young in attitude (it wouldn't have surprised me if she was as young as 13), vulnerable, physically slight and naive. She 100% trusted and relied on Brian to keep her safe. That's completely reasonable.

I completely understand why she would panic at the thought of him leaving her in the middle of nowhere, hundreds of miles from home. I would have panicked too.

I find the police very patronising. The guy with the pull up mask treated Brian as though he was a friend. All the laughing etc showed a bias that is unprofessional and unacceptable.

The main policeman clearly tried to help, but he lacked professionalism too. If I was his wife, I would be very, very upset at the amount of private medical information he shared with a complete stranger.

He has experience of his wife's anxiety and believes that makes him an expert on everyone's anxiety. I found his attitude to Gabby condescending and think the whole he/she says he/she loves you etc, which neither Gabby nor Brian actually said, was horrendous.

Brian was weird. He made a bit thing of Gabby being 'crazy' in his chat with the boys. But Gabby was actually more eloquent and honest than he was. Brian wouldn't shut up. I understand the stress of being stopped by the police, but he was almost manic initially. It was only after he was left with the police officer with the pull up mask, that he changed from being nervous to matey. That police officer clearly sided with Brian and completely changed the course of the interview.

Whilst it was good for Gabby to stay with her vehicle, she stated that she didn't drive it and was worried about doing so. She should have had a police officer drive her to a safe hotel location too. She was upset and anxious and needed a good night's sleep in a bed and something decent to eat.

The most important thing for me is Gabby was terrified Brian would leave her in an isolated location and drive off. This is clearly exactly what he did.

I hope LE have a look at GP’s phone pings for that day/evening, to see whether they follow her path or BL’s.
The North Fort Police Chief said in an interview on Fox this morning that they are working on the triangulation with the FBI.

And the press conference is around noon and FBI is expected to be present. I don't have an exact time and haven't been able to find one yet.

I agree and imo its been toxic for quote sometime!
This is the end result!

Sadly parents don't see it they hide it well!

I was in an extremely toxic and abusive relationship at this age, married him also like an idiot. No one knew, no one knew until I landed in the hospital and had a restraining order in place. I hid it for over 10 years then divorced him.
My brother was married to a woman who would continually beat on him. He was taught to never lay a hand on a woman (violently). He would be covered in scratches, bruises, etc....actual injuries. I thought he would end up dead one day. He never ever ever TOUCHED her. She was batsh*t crazy.
He stayed as long as he did, because they had a kid......and out of embarrassment.
of course it can happen to men too, it can happen to anyone! my comment was directed towards keeping it hidden from parents and friends, nothing more

This is all MOO and just speculation based on the limited information we have so far.

I don't think Brian was involved in the women's murders. I can't link to the police report about the fight, but I believe it stated that Brian went to a shelter that evening, not to the campground, and I think it is unlikely that Brian did anything to the married couple while he and Gabby were staying in the van together.

I really feel like whatever happened to Gabby was a result of a domestic issue and the murdered couple is a red herring/bizarre coincidence.

I'm leaning towards no connection between the two cases. But we really only know where Gabby and BL were supposed to be that night. We don't know that they could have ignored LE and hooked back up later that night. BL could have run into the ladies later and asked for a ride. I wish I could convey how small and social this town is for young people. Strangers are viewed as friends. Geographically the town is small. Who knows. I am just glad that LE is looking into it.

Oh, and if BL is involved, I don't think he is the creeper guy. We don't even know if creeper guy is behind the murders. For all we know the murders could have been committed by someone they knew well. We just don't know.

Yeah, I mentioned it, as later in the video, the cop seems to think they both have phones when he says “text each other in the morning” and “her main concern is that you get cellphone power”.
I think the cop misunderstood and GP was getting BL to charge the shared (but her,) phone while he was somewhere that had power.
Didn't she have her phone with her in the police vehicle? He must have had his own phone because Gabby's mother said she texted him and he never answered her.

I have the feeling that when BL does speak he will say, IMO, either that she committed suicide or that they were physically struggling when she broke away from him then fell off a cliff or hit her head and died. Then he was so distraught that all he could think to do was go home to his parents.

my own opinion and speculation only.
Unfortunately, I agree. Just curious... I don't believe anyone, besides his parents have seen him. His NY Lawyer is not a criminal lawyer, he's a general practice attorney. He could be a friend or family member. He has told his client to keep his mouth shut. As we've seen in past cases, the client rarely listens. Leading me to wonder.. Could he have checked into a mental heath facility? That way there's no way that BL could speak to LE. Establishing mental health as a defense later.. that he left her because he couldn't handle the fighting anymore or possibly an insanity defense, depending on the extent of his involvement. His lawyer could be paving the way for the criminal defense attorney to have all options of which way to build his defense. I could see them using that police report to say he was really unwell, hysterical and knew he had to get home the only place he felt safe.. Upon returning to Florida, his parents 'saw' how bad his manic state was, he was panicked, couldn't think clearly, extremely distraught.. Getting him to check himself in. Not that I believe that's why he could've checked himself in. Family seems cold and unattached. (Not fact, just wondering if a possibility)

As a mom, I am heartbroken for Gabby & her family. I want BL to talk and give this family something, anything. Sadly, I don't see it happening, at least until the obtain a warrant for his arrest.

Yeah, I mentioned it, as later in the video, the cop seems to think they both have phones when he says “text each other in the morning” and “her main concern is that you get cellphone power”.
I think the cop misunderstood and GP was getting BL to charge the shared (but her,) phone while he was somewhere that had power.
They do both have phones, he gets his out of his pocket to give police his number after gabby already has hers in the police car, and she has it when she goes to get in the van

I have the feeling that when BL does speak he will say, IMO, either that she committed suicide or that they were physically struggling when she broke away from him then fell off a cliff or hit her head and died. Then he was so distraught that all he could think to do was go home to his parents.

my own opinion and speculation only.
I think he will say something like...."she was pissed at me or had one of her moments and went off on her own when she saw people and told me to EFF off...so I effed off..."

Same thing g with my son!
A.police.officer.lived.next.door andsaid he thought she.would kill him one daY!
She.was.no.bigger.than a minute! My son would never.raise.a hand to her!

Didn't she have her phone with her in the police vehicle? He must have had his own phone because Gabby's mother said she texted him and he never answered her.

People use the word “text” now as shorthand for other kinds of messages as well as cellphone SMS, like insta/fb/twitter DMs, WhatsApp/Kik etc.

Gabby Petito: Cops not 'ruling out' link between missing woman, double murder

And this still isn't completely resolved in my book either. It's quite a coincidence and the bizarre behavior of the BF just makes me think the details of whatever he did are impossible for him to admit to himself.

"Utah investigators have not ruled out a potential connection between two high-profile cases in the scenic campgrounds around Moab, according to FOX News – a grisly double-homicide that left newlyweds dead and an apparent lovers’ quarrel involving a woman who has since gone missing.

"We're looking at everything, I mean, anything and everything that was suspicious around that time or we're not ruling anything out at this time," a spokesman for the Grand County Sheriff’s Office told Fox News Wednesday afternoon. "So we're just investigating the information as it comes in."

Full body cam

It's scary hearing GP say that she thought he was going to leave her somewhere and take off. Also found interesting the first thing she asks for is water because they are on there way to filling up the water tank. BL does not want water ( he does appear to have an issue with bottled water so that could be the reason.) Seems like the type of place where dehydration could be a major issue.

I may fall into the minority here, but I don't find anything about the traffic stop unusual or strange in any way. Now, that type of stop most likely doesn't happen too often i in the middle of nowhere and/or a national park, but I would suggest that for most police forces in a normal day-in-the-life, that wouldn't bee too odd. It's two adults who got into a fight, neither pressed charges, and it appears they are not a danger to themselves or others. The police are not psychiatrists/psychologists, their job is to enforce the law and ultimately keep the public safe. They often do not want to make an arrest, or have to deal with belligerent people. They appear to solve the issue using the most minimally-invasive procedure, and closed out the ticket, onto the next call. IMO - that is completely normal police stuff, and while this video offers some really wild and intimate details into their relationship, it's still relatively meaningless in the grand context of things, MOO.

This may have been mentioned, I’m just watching the video now and haven’t read any comments. Not even 5 minutes into the video and Gabby tells the officer “I’m trying to start a blog. I’ve been building my website, it’s just been really stressful and he doesn’t think I can do any of this.”

Infuriating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member