Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Then @ timestamp 21.00, the cop explains what the witness saw, stating " He never saw the male strike the female." then he stated that "She was trying to claw her way back in. She's trying to climb over him, he's trying to disengage. Everything she's saying is the same thing the witness is saying. He never hit her." Then the cop goes on to say "she's the aggressor."
Once again, IMO, this is just sad. It's sad for me to see how distraught Gabby was. You could see it on her face. Having said that, It doesn't matter if you're a 350 lb. linebacker playing for the NFL. If someone is attacking you, clawing at you and hitting you in the face with a cell phone, you have a right to defend yourself, and that's the only thing he did. I don't understand where the "abuse" everyone's taking about comes into play here. Yes, he was trying to lock her out to detach from the situation. If someone's attacking you on your front lawn, and you run in the house and lock the door to escape the situation, is that wrong? Not playing fair? What am I missing?
100% agree! I certainly feel bad for Gabby in this situation and believe the utlimate outcome reached was right - citing was not going to change the outome that night, the next day or going forward.

Yes. Then @ timestamp 21.00, the cop explains what the witness saw, stating " He never saw the male strike the female." then he stated that "She was trying to claw her way back in. She's trying to climb over him, he's trying to disengage. Everything she's saying is the same thing the witness is saying. He never hit her." Then the cop goes on to say "she's the aggressor."
Once again, IMO, this is just sad. It's sad for me to see how distraught Gabby was. You could see it on her face. Having said that, It doesn't matter if you're a 350 lb. linebacker playing for the NFL. If someone is attacking you, clawing at you and hitting you in the face with a cell phone, you have a right to defend yourself, and that's the only thing he did. I don't understand where the "abuse" everyone's taking about comes into play here. Yes, he was trying to lock her out to detach from the situation. If someone's attacking you on your front lawn, and you run in the house and lock the door to escape the situation, is that wrong? Not playing fair? What am I missing?
He could disengage and not be in her car. It's abusive to keep someone out of their vehicle when he knew that would upset her. And I do believe he knew that would upset her. He could've said you can sit here in the van and take break while i stay out here.. Abuse takes many forms and when you ask someone not to do something because it's hurtful to you and they continue doing it, it becomes abusive. I say everyone should educate themselves on abuse in all it's forms and have compassion on those who endure it. MOO

Do we know when her parents found out that he had returned? How many days did they wait to report her missing?

I'm not sure. they reported her missing on Sept 11 and, I think it was just a day or two before that they tried contacting Brian and his parents and got no response. I believe it was the police who determined Brian got back on Sept 1st.

What's with all the speeding posts? Don't go down a rabbit hole. They were not pulled over for speeding.

This had zero to do with speeding. Officer Robbins merely mentioned it as they came into his sight. They were pulled over because of the incident at Moonflower. Unbeknownst to them it was a 911 wellness check prompted by the WITNESS. They had an APB put for her van.

Robbins is the one who spotted it. Officer Pratt was at Moonflower talking to the witness. He left when he heard Robbins tell dispatch he found them.

Last edited:
100% agree! I certainly feel bad for Gabby in this situation and believe the utlimate outcome reached was right - citing was not going to change the outome that night, the next day or going forward.

Frankly, I was very impressed with how law enforcement handled this stop. In the end, seperation was what was needed - citing anyone was not going to change the outcome (they would have been together again in the morning regardless) and having Gabby with a Domestic Violence record would have been unecessary and burdesome.

I imagine this is how most stops are handled, however you tend to only hear about the bad ones.

I was just thinking that. How scary is it that we have all dated Mr. Nice Guy at some point?
I was engaged to mine….called it off three months prior to the wedding. My friends and family were shocked. I was too, honestly - I called it off because I just felt something was “off”…….but we still lived together, and that’s when all the abuse became apparent. I cannot imagine what weird hell my life would be if I married him. I do wonder if GP started to feel something was “off” and her life became the same as mine, except she had no way to escape….

hugs to all who have been there.

I just don't know what Kool-Aid is served at the L house:

"Hope this is just a misunderstanding?" says his sister.

Like the kind of misunderstanding that causes terror and pain to a innocent person, massive grief to families, funerals, and 20 to life in Federal Penitentiaries?

I have a new perspective of this family now.
The word 'misunderstanding' being used by her makes me curious. HOW could it be a misunderstanding?

"a failure to understand something correctly."

Who is it she thinks is failing to correctly understand something?

"a disagreement or quarrel."

Who is it that quarrelled and had a disagreement? Maybe now we are getting somewhere?

SEP 16, 2021
Federal law enforcement focusing on Grant Teton National Park in search for Gabby Petito | KUTV
[...]

Police confirmed they are searching the Park and are asking anyone who saw the couple here or may have pictures of them to contact the FBI.

[...]

Park visitors told 2News on Thursday that they saw a group of police officers conducting what appeared to be a grid search in a field on the east side of the park.

[...]

An FBI spokesperson declined to comment on specifics of any searches being conducted in the park.

[...]
I am sure they know what they are doing, I hope they watch for vultures...That would be a good indicator.

Gabby Petito pal says she uncharacteristically blew her off before she went missing

“A friend of Gabby Petito said the two were supposed to meet at Yellowstone National Park — but she never heard from the Long Island woman, who has since disappeared.

Petito, 22, was due to meet up with her pal on Aug. 29 at Yellowstone and was supposed to call her that day — the friend’s birthday — to nail down the specifics, The Sun reported.

But the friend never heard from Petito and is puzzled the Blue Point native would instead text her mom the next day that she was in Yosemite — 800 miles from her last known location at Grand Tetons National Park in Wyoming…”

Gabby Petito pal says she uncharacteristically blew her off before she went missing

It's a funny thing. The older you get, the sharper your BS eyesight gets, even as actual eyesight and other things start to fail.

Since I am getting older...

Common sense comes into its own as well.

Common sense tells me that BL refusing to cooperate with authorities to find her is a huge red flag. Full stop.

Any person uninvolved in her disappearance would have readily cooperated with LE.

ESPECIALLY a significant other who had nothing to do with her disappearance and was distraught about it.

Last edited:
SEP 16, 2021
People pressing fiancé for answers in Petito disappearance (fox4now.com)
[...]

"We’ve just been fighting all morning, and he wouldn’t let me in the car before. He told me I need to calm down," said Petito in the body cam footage.

"She just gets worked up sometimes, and I just try to distance myself from her, so I locked the car and I walked away from her," said Laundrie in the footage.

[...]

There were other things we learned from the body camera video. Petito tells officers she suffers from obsessive compulsive disorder and anxiety, and Laundrie tells officers this type of arguing was something that had happened before.

[...]

Do we know when her parents found out that he had returned? How many days did they wait to report her missing?
Her mom said she assumed she/they didn’t have cell reception, but by the time it reached 8 or 9 days without hearing from her, they worried. At that point, her mom reached out to BL and his mom to say she was trying to reach Gabby and got no response from them so then she contacted the police to report her missing 9/10, but wasn’t able to officially report her missing until 9/11. As to when they knew he was home, I don’t know the answer to that part of your question.

Well, it's 1:15 AM here on the East Coast and time for bed. I know when I wake up there will be 50 more pages and I'll try to catch up.

We all have our own theories, so again I'll just point out what we know for sure:

1. Gabby is missing.
2. Brian is home.
(Probably being rocked in his cradle by Mommy and Daddy while they sing him lullabies).

God willing there will soon be a glorious breakthrough. Gabby will be found, or Brian will be talking.

No. With all due respect, I'm talking about a traffic stop, and you are combining the details of said traffic stop and her being missing.
In regards to the traffic stop. BL was the "victim."
In regards to Gabby being missing, she is the "victim.
To separate subject matters.
I'm sorry if I confused you. My apologies.
I am not convinced that he was the 'victim.'

I saw a cool, calm manipulative character, smoothly weaselling his way out of a speeding and reckless driving infraction by calling his girlfriend crazy.

I think he had been gaslighting her, threatening to leave her by the side of the road, alone, with no phone, no car or cash.

Further, and it was hard to hear everything said, if you listen to what Brian said (and, I know, a bunch of people will say he's a liar and killer but...), he said he was going to lock the van up and suggested they both talk separate walks to chill out. IF that's true (who knows?), it sounded like he didn't have the opportunity to exit the van because Gabby wasn't having the going for a walk and, instead, climbed in over him before he got out and locked the van.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingerdoodle