SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow...so which one spilled the beans about it being 4 million? CF?

"Bland said that a lawyer for one of the defendants named in the lawsuit suit revealed the staggering sum Thursday."

It was AM who appointed Vice Pres CW to negotiate!? on the Satterfield's behalf? So CW was negotiating with Lloyds of London? Is he a lawyer too?

"That lawyer, unbeknownst to the Satterfield family, was Alex’s college roommate and best friend, Cory Fleming, according to the suit. Murdaugh also allegedly appointed non-family member Chad Westendorf as the Satterfields’ personal representative in negotiations without the sons’ knowledge."

What in holy h**l was going on!? Multiple insurers were tapped in the GS "trip and fall" !? This stuff just gets me sooo angry. Not a penny to her children, not even to bury her.

“Settlements start happening...."...

"Bland said he learned on Thursday that multiple insurers actually paid out $4 million to Fleming, and his clients never saw a dime of it. He quickly sent a complaint to the state’s bar association, he said."

Now what are the odds that Mr. Vice Pres of a bank CW knew nothing? Wonder how many more similarly placed friends and colleagues the M's had doing their bidding in matters such as these?

More here - Alex Murdaugh 'pocketed' $4M life insurance payout from grieving sons of housekeeper | Daily Mail Online

From the Post article above (my comments below)

"Smith doesn’t have legal representation yet and is hoping to find a lawyer “with a bone to pick” against the Murdaughs."

(Eddie, we're all hoping you find that lawyer to represent you.)

"Smith shook his head “no” when The Post asked if he was Alex’s drug dealer or used drugs himself. He walked bent over as he showed a Post reporter around his yard and introduced his pets — including cats named Jay Z and Biggie and a pit bull mix named Dixie."

(Curtis is saying he's not Alex's drug dealer. I wish the Post would've asked him about the alleged check payments. He says he has never used drugs himself. I might have an issue with that last claim, respectfully.
Once again I will say I hope every interview/interrogation / confession has been taped IN FULL.
What reason did Eddie give for the 'confession' -- did he not make it, was he coerced, forced, tired?)
(I like that Jay and Biggie are peacefully coexisting in the South with a Dixie)

Lordy, Lordy:rolleyes:

"Despite his current predicament, “Fast Eddie” told The Post he doesn’t bear a grudge against Alex Murdaugh.

“I never had a reason not to like him before,” Curtis said. “I understand he’s in fight or flight mode and he wanted me to be the heavy weight in the water so he could fly.”

However, Curtis said Murdaugh should not mess with him further.

“I wouldn’t advise him to try to set me up,” Smith said. “I’d strongly advise him against that.”
Sounds like Fast Eddie has friends in prison who would even the score w Murdaugh.

The what and the who...

'We've learned since the lawsuit was filed that the amount that has been unaccounted for and misappropriated is $4 million and we were told that those monies were misappropriated either whole or in part by Alex Murdaugh,' Bland told Fox News.

'He had home owners insurance and access umbrella coverage and so he took these boys to his best friend, his college roommate Corey Fleming and told them to bring a lawsuit against him and then he admitted liability, which forced these insurance companies that insured him to pay large amounts of money in connection with Gloria Satterfield's death,' Bland explained.

The new lawsuit against Murdaugh claims that following Satterfield's death, he claimed 'he was going to take care of the boys because he was going to 'sue [himself]' for the death.'

Fleming then allegedly chose a mutual friend of his and Murdaugh's, Chad Westendorf, to represent Satterfield's estate in the prosecution instead of one of Satterfield's family members.

This made Westendorf the only person required 'to petition the court for approval of any future settlements and/or appear at any future hearings to approve settlements.'

From the Post article above (my comments below)

"Smith doesn’t have legal representation yet and is hoping to find a lawyer “with a bone to pick” against the Murdaughs."

(Eddie, we're all hoping you find that lawyer to represent you.)

"Smith shook his head “no” when The Post asked if he was Alex’s drug dealer or used drugs himself. He walked bent over as he showed a Post reporter around his yard and introduced his pets — including cats named Jay Z and Biggie and a pit bull mix named Dixie."

(Curtis is saying he's not Alex's drug dealer. I wish the Post would've asked him about the alleged check payments. He says he has never used drugs himself. I might have an issue with that last claim, respectfully.
Once again I will say I hope every interview/interrogation / confession has been taped IN FULL.
What reason did Eddie give for the 'confession' -- did he not make it, was he coerced, forced, tired?)
(I like that Jay and Biggie are peacefully coexisting in the South with a Dixie)
As far as his "confession", Eddie did look to have blood at the corner of his mouth and possibly under his nose in his mug shot...?

Lordy, Lordy:rolleyes:

"Despite his current predicament, “Fast Eddie” told The Post he doesn’t bear a grudge against Alex Murdaugh.

“I never had a reason not to like him before,” Curtis said. “I understand he’s in fight or flight mode and he wanted me to be the heavy weight in the water so he could fly.”

However, Curtis said Murdaugh should not mess with him further.

“I wouldn’t advise him to try to set me up,” Smith said. “I’d strongly advise him against that.”

Maybe AM did know about the suicide clause, and called CES hoping to make it look like murder.

Between AM & his team of speakers I will side with CES on this.

I believe him more then them.

Jmo

NBC reported that there was one and that the church turned it over to law enforcement before anyone at the church had an opportunity to view it.
So JMO- there is surveillance video, but we don’t know what if anything it might have caught that day.
On CNN this morning they had an update report on the Murdaugh saga with a live reporter and taped excerpts from different places, one was the church. He said there were numerous cameras, some pointing in the direction of the "shooting" and one pointed in the opposite direction. He said that one should have caught on camera the vehicle turning around in the church parking lot.

Everything about this entire situation could make one of sound mind become paranoid.

As it all plays out, I am interested to see how arrests, charges, involved parties' stories and so on are received locally and online.

With so many potential motives and various interests and reputations to protect, I am not sure what will need to happen - if anything can - for people to have confidence and trust that investigations and the legal processes are accurate and thorough.

"Video cameras from St. John’s Baptist Church, just a few hundred yards from the scene, could reveal more about the incident. According to NBC News, the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division has now obtained that video footage, but the agency has not said what, if anything, is on it."

Alex Murdaugh attorney doubles down: Shooting wasn’t self-inflicted | WSAV-TV

old article but that's about as specific as i can find on the church cameras...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard