Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or, he left the keys in the ignition and it scared them.

If these keys were in the ignition and it scared them, why did they just drive it home and not say a word until now though…

What kind of parent knows their child, a POI in a missing persons case, has gone into the swamp “for a hike”, drives back to the swamp to look for him, sees the car there abandoned/unoccupied and simply hops in and drives it home?

If my child had mentioned going for a day hike and never returned, I would be calling the police while standing at the car frantically having my husband attempt to reach my child by phone.

There’s so much more to this situation than we know. Even if he’s not wanted for a crime, this has to be hindering an investigation for a missing person, something. So bizarre. Parents appear as selfish as their son appears based on their actions IMO.

I agree that they must be genuinely worried about his safety (plus, LE wouldn't confirm whether or not he had a gun). But they could also be worried about the fact they are in over their heads and have made numerous mistakes (even if not intentional) allowing all this to happen and waiting too long to speak. I don't think they are using this as a distraction, I think it got out of hand and now they realize they have to sort of 'come clean' about it as best they can because 1) he's not at home and the police will realize that eventually if he is charged 2) they cannot reach him and are worried about his safety 3) they could be implicated for lying about his whereabouts or actions if they don't speak up about it now.

I think they had trusted their son's story, didn't expect this to blow up which it only did last Saturday, then he said he said he was "going on a hike" on Tuesday to clear his head and they dropped him off or let him do that, and then that day he becomes a POI and it starts unraveling quickly, they can't find him, by Friday they realize they have to tell someone all of this. I'm not saying it's all been intentional, but it's all been really poorly played. I think now they're realizing they don't trust his story, and he is in real trouble, both legally and mentally and very well could commit suicide.

Great points. I agree with all of this. But I am leaning more toward suicide worry than the legal worries at this point.

In your opinion it’s not true. But I think it could be true. If she had been arrested she would’ve been in jail and separated from him. Next, her parents may have become involved. It also could’ve been a massive wake up call as to the ramifications of the (IMO) dangerous relationship with that guy.
In your opinion it’s not true. But I think it could be true. If she had been arrested she would’ve been in jail and separated from him. Next, her parents may have become involved. It also could’ve been a massive wake up call as to the ramifications of the (IMO) dangerous relationship with that guy.
i doubt anyone would have been involved to a great length, she had already called her Mother while sitting in the back of the rangers SUV. she would have gotten out the next morning on her own recognense and they would have continued on with their trip. IMO, it wouldnt have made her seperate from him, she didnt even wanna seperate that same night and made sue he had his phone charger so she could get in touch with him. this incident happened 2 weeks before she last had contact with her mother so it woud have just been a bump in the road IMO!!

I appreciate all the updates + commentaries here.

I've put off errands all day hoping this boy would be located by now. I've got to leave, but fully expect my friends here to find him while I'm gone.

Prayers for Gabby + her family + the good people searching for her.

#FindGabby

TLDR: Sure, have dreams and raise your head into the clouds. But remember still to keep you feet firmly gripping the ground of reality. Most of us are not working at our dream jobs, but in the absence of extremely rich parents and being trust fund babies, we all continue our daily grind instead of impulsively jumping into the deep end of a far-fetched dream.

This seems extremely out of place and cruel. This entire situation has *nothing* exclusive to vanlife. Many women (and men) are murdered in their houses, trailers, cars, tents, etc. Where you live has little bearing on whether your fiancé is a murderer. Unless you live in jail, where the odds of your fiancé being a murderer are considerably higher.

But I feel like pretending that Gabby’s dream is why she ended up in this situation is just victim blaming.

It could be quite possible BL wants to speak and his attorney won’t let him. Because one wrong word he could then become more than a POI. You speak one wrong word to the FBI and that turns into a falsity you commit a federal crime.

Maybe the not talking is tearing BL emotionally up? My hope is he went to go find GP to bring her home.

Not a chance. If he wanted to talk he had 2 weeks. And nothing is stopping him now from talking.

My question: Are we allowed to give false information to the LE?

The lawyer and BL's parents revealed the location of BL to the police but didn't allow to contact him under 5th Amendment/ Right to remain silent.

But they had "no idea" where BL was.

Doesn't this mean they lied that about his location.

Doesn't that have any repercussions?

Also, I'm not sure if the Mustang was really brought back from that preserve?
Was there no news coverage in front of BL's home/ neighbor's accounts on Tuesday which can confirm if the Mustang was there or not?

The thing is, GP could’ve reported the van stolen if she wasn’t missing. He had no right to drive the van because it wasn’t under his name and they weren’t even married. I do understand that she didn’t drive it and he did mostly, but it still wasn’t under his name. Dad can’t report it cus it’s not his. The only person that could’ve report it is not around.
That's under the assumption that he harmed her in some way and took off back home in the van. While that is possible (and that's also what I think might've happened), there are more important things to care about than the fact that she owned the van and he drove it home without her. The semantics are irrelevant until they find proof of a crime and even then, his alleged theft of the van will be the least of his, or even her parents' concerns. Until there is evidence of a crime, he had every right drive home, he was even legally allowed to so. Regardless of the fact that they were unmarried, that it's not community property, he still had rights to use the van. He didn't have the right to abandon her is my point (and that is if that's even what happened).

I think this too. Her getting put in jail for the night would have forced her to call her parents (most likely), and they would have probably brought her back home after that.
She called her mom when she was in the back of the police car so I'd assume she knew what was happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419