Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was running away in FL from a crime I committed I wouldn't stay on foot. I would hop on a boat. By boat (if weather is in his favor) he could easily go to many places. Many boaters docked at a marina aren't watching the news, don't have TV's, and some don't even use the internet, so you could easily hide for quite some time.

He did tell the officer that they didn't have any money, it was on the video.
But remember the video was the 12th. After that he (supposedly) went home and back. He could have easily gotten money from his parents on that return home, had it sent electronically or stole it from Gabby if she had some sent to her from family.

In your opinion it’s not true. But I think it could be true. If she had been arrested she would’ve been in jail and separated from him. Next, her parents may have become involved. It also could’ve been a massive wake up call as to the ramifications of the (IMO) dangerous relationship with that guy.

I think this too. Her getting put in jail for the night would have forced her to call her parents (most likely), and they would have probably brought her back home after that.

MOO

Is there a way to determine how many followers they had and how many likes their posts were getting BEFORE she was reported missing and became international news? I do think they were hoping to become van-life influencers and likely were not making any headway due to the fact that there are thousands of people creating similar videos. It's basically a shot in the dark to think your videos will succeed, but the fact that SOMEONE has to succeed entices people. I follow some van lifers, but for every successful one there are dozens of channels chugging along with a few hundred subscribers hoping for a big break or viral moment.

Influencers try to sell their followers on the dream. You can also make money by literally just posting on social media like me! Supply and demand doesn't work like that. If everyone was an influencer, then there is nobody to influence. A handful might succeed and the rest don't.
Impossible to know what they had prior to her being reported missing but on 9/12 they had 149 YT followers and roughly 507 views on that one video. As of today, 9/18 they have 26.7K followers and roughly 1.7M views.

Maybe BL's parents drove the van back like the Mustang.

Assuming BL was hiding out in his parents house.
If Mustang was vehicle that BL used to flee to wildlife reserve, and was parked in driveway of BL's parents house, how did he get from house to car in driveway without anyone from the crowds outside the house not seeing him.
Was he in disguise? Was car parked in garage and he was hiding in trunk?
And someone else was driving him there?
Apologies to all if I am missed some obvious info or this was covered in previous posts.

"Influencing" takes a lot of time, consistency, and effort. It was sad that he didn't support her, but I think there are other ways of being successful at it and maybe it was just a lifestyle or career he didn't care for (I know I don't). Someone mentioned it probably a hundred replies ago that they might have done well if they'd vlogged about the real things they were going through rather than making it seem picture perfect, and I agree. It might even have worked as a form of therapy for them to get their feelings out to each other. But yes, they did have a long way to go towards monetizing it and it didn't seem too consistent on YouTube, which you can make more money with videos.

It is super hard to become a profitable influencer! Her YouTube had 1.4k followers the day this hit MSM. By that night the views were over 200k on the one video but a lot of those likely came after news hit.

To monetize on YouTube you need 1k followers and 4k watch hours. Then you have to hit a threshold of $100 to cash out and that can take a while with only 1k followers. It doesn't pay like people think after seeing YouTubers who live in mansions and have endorsements. Also, on her IG page, you could see she was playing it smart by tagging companies who specialize in camping gear with her posts but I didn't see any signs they had any endorsements.

My theory is that this was a huge cause of stress for them. My gut says in watching their videos that this may have been more of Gabby's thing than Brian's. And, editing the video they have on their channel takes SO MUCH TIME. Plus, you are always thinking about that perfect shot rather than soaking in the scenery. It becomes a job and that is stressful. Not to mention any stress we don't know about. Just my opinion.

At this point, I think his parents only reached out to the police because they have reason to believe he has died by suicide. They weren't interested in cooperating at all previously and it is hard to believe that they would be so stupid, under counsel, to lie to LE as a distraction after knowing they helped their son leave.
I think they will find his body soon, if they haven't already. moo.

Their first interaction at the house was the parents handing the lawyers business card to LE IIRC so I don’t think they could have insisted further and forced them to get BL? @OldCop might know what their training would require them to do?
JMO

I guess what I mean is I don't see how LE can say that it was "confirmed" that they knew where he was without seeing him. I would think his location would be unconfirmed and unknown until they physically observed him.

In your opinion it’s not true. But I think it could be true. If she had been arrested she would’ve been in jail and separated from him. Next, her parents may have become involved. It also could’ve been a massive wake up call as to the ramifications of the (IMO) dangerous relationship with that guy.

This has been my thinking as well.

But sadly, not a very serious one, correct?

Yeah I think filing a false police report would be misdemeanor level. But if they were hiding evidence or making false statements about something involving an investigation, like, for example, the timing of comings and goings involving their son (under certain circumstances), that would be a greater crime.

And no, there doesn’t have to be a crime “declared” for there to be obstruction, as I've seen some state. There just has to be knowledge of a possible crime and attempts to prevent LE from investigating it by lying to them, concealing evidence, etc.

I can't keep up with this someone please help me understand.

So the parents say both:
  • "They last saw him Tuesday"
  • "They last saw him at the Reserve"
  • "They found the car at the Reserve on Tuesday and drove it home"
Am I getting that right? Please let me know if I am confused.

Because if that's the case, I feel like they must have driven that car there and dropped him off on Tuesday. If they were able to see him in person there, and then the same day found his car there, then they were with him there, right? I'm sure they don't want to say that because obviously it's helping him escape (even if they're just DENSE and really thought he was "going for a hike").

And WHY would they drive the car home and leave him stranded if they thought he would need it?

What is going on and why is this so damn confusing? I can't even get their stories straight. WHEN AND WHERE DID THEY LAST SEE HIM? Was it AT this Reserve? Did they "find" his car there or did they help him get there?
They will not explain anything, on advice of their lawyer. So no, it doesn't make sense. It's not supposed to make sense. It's supposed to keep all of them out of the clutches of police.

MOO

it takes a lot of falsehood too. You have to stage your life to an extent and you have to be able to drum up constant new content. If not on a daily then the lest weekly basis. No off season and year round.

I have a very close friend who is extremely successful on social media(s). The stress and pressure to constantly put out content has landed them in the hospital on multiple occasions. One wrong move, one day you don’t post and your follower count / income drops substantially. Someone else one ups you or puts you down and your followers are bailing to go watch them. It’s extremely cut throat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ecdub